“Nice place, great location, great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #99 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice place, great location, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at The Residence Inn in Buckhead over the Labor Day weekend. I traveled with my wife and two young daughters (ages 7 and 2 years). We were in Atlanta for a quick leisure trip. After seeing some of the bad reviews on TripAdvisor, I was a bit worried prior to arrival. However, a lot of the other hotels in the Buckhead area are quite expensive, 5 star type establishments. I could not justify paying that much money for this type of stay.

We had a one bedroom suite on the second floor (room 219). It was very spacious with a well equipped kitchen. A pack and play crib was in the room for our 2 year old. There was ample room for all of us. Sure, it could use a bit of updating. But, everything was extremely clean and operational. The included breakfast was very generous and quite good. The pool area is clean and well-maintained. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The property is less than a 5 minute drive to major shopping, including Lenox Square Mall, Phipps Plaza Mall, Target, Publix, etc. Wonderful location!

I have no complaints at all about this property. I would stay there again upon return to Atlanta and have absolutely no issues with recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is showing a bit of age but still nice.parking lot, elevators and hallways need to be redone, but still nice. Best part is that this property is tucked off busy roads in Lenox Park and just a very short drive to shops and dining of Buckhead. Breakfast was ok...but nothing amazing. But overall good value!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I visited Atlanta in June 2012 on a Business trip. Given the location of the office, I stayed at this hotel. On the whole, my stay was pleasant and if I have to visit the same office again, I would prefer staying at this place. Some more details:

Location:
The hotel is located in North Atlanta in a residential locality. The neighborhood is very calm and there is a lake nearby. I liked my daily walks after the office.
However, there is a downside to this location too. Since its away from the downtown and in the center of a residential neighborhood, there are no shops, restaurants, etc. in walking distance. For someone who wants to stay in a happening locality or is a regular tourist, this may not be the right place.

Rooms:
My room was a large & comfortable one. It has a well equipped kitchen as well (Gas, stove, fridge, microwave, utensils, dish washer). If I may say so, it was like a small studio apartment.
The room was a large one and had a study table, mini dining table & sofa set. The bed was very comfortable.
The bath room was average. The quality of the fittings was average, but on the whole, nothing to complain about.
WiFi internet is available throughout the campus.

Staff:
My interaction with the staff was limited. Nothing to crib about, but on the whole, it was average. Well, in most of the good hotels, the staff would give you a smile or acknowledge you when you pass by. That makes your stay a bit more pleasant. However, can't say the same about this hotel.

Food:
I only had breakfast at this hotel and found it to be reasonable. I am a vegetarian so the options were limited to bread, bagels, muffins, fruits, cereals and coffee. While I was there, I became a fan of the coffee - Hearth Room.

Pain point:
On reaching the hotel, I had to struggle with my luggage to the reception. For a hotel of this stature, the entrance is let down & pretty narrow. Secondly, I had to carry my luggage by myself to the room as there was no one to assist.

Summary:

Would I stay here again? Yes, if I had to return to the same office, I would. If I ignore some of the minor issues, I kind of liked the place.

Room Tip: I believe most rooms have kitchen built in. For long stay, carry your grocery.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

First off, I called when I made it to Atlanta and was told my room would be ready by 12:30. I arrived only to find out it wouldn't be ready until 2:00... First issue. Second was the dirty bathroom. Found a short and curly in the tub but at that point didn't fight it. Very convenient location but the crew needs to be a bit nicer at the front desk. Hopefully the next visit is better

• Stayed June 2012
JaeTravel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Five day stay was quite enjoyable. Although we were gone most of the day, it was nice to return to comfortable surroundings. Hotel is located in what appears to be a commercial complex, but it was always quiet and residential-like. Front desk staff very pleasant and the shuttle driver was extremely accommodating and friendly. Housekeeping staff not the friendliest, however. Breakfast was decent (had to wait exceptionally long one morning for a refill on some hot items,), not sure what the delay was. Evening cocktails were also decent. Overall we had a pleasant stay and when in the area again, I would consider staying here again,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm not one to post reviews, but often read reviews to get a good idea of hotels.. I have to post my disappointment with this hotel to assist in preventing another family's disappointment... The location was excellent and when we called the front desk to request repairs to our room there was an immediate response. Also, the breakfast was good. The overall quality of the hotel was poor!!! There was a mildew odor in the room, the air condition was not properly working.it was either extremely hot or cold in the room which upon our return home has cause my 19 month old to be terribly sick. You couldn't use the small pool or tennis courts one day as a family must have had a family reunion at the hotel.... The couch was dirty, carpet ripped....... So extremely disappointed!!! Would never go back and you enjoy staying at decent hotel- this one is not one of them.....

• Stayed May 2012
Folkston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

When I am in the vicinity of this hotel, I always plan to stay at it. Paul and his staff just make you feel at home. I have never found anything disappointing in the hotel. The location is convenient to the stores in Buckhead.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park? Share your experiences!