“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Sidney Marcus Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30324-3180 (Formerly Country Inn and Suites Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #65 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here on business for 4 nights with my mother. Due to her mobility, I had requested a room near the elevator, however, we were given a room as far away as possible from the elevator. This room also happened to be right across the hall from a storage/maintenance/housekeeping room. This was only a problem one night, when the door was slamming shut about every 1-2 minutes for about an hour around midnight.
Other than those issues, the hotel and room was very nice. The room was spacious, and had a refrigerator and microwave, which I always appreciate. The sink/vanity area was part of the room, and the toilet/shower were private with a pocket door. The weather was very nice while we were there, and the windows in the room actually opened, which was great to let in some fresh air. There was highway noise, but was more of a white noise than a disturbance. As always, the breakfasts at Holiday Inn Express are great - lots of options from cinnamon rolls (my favorite) to pancakes, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts, eggs, etc. The location was for the most part very convenient, near shops and restaurants. However, if you are approaching from the West, you can't turn left into the hotel, and have to go past and find a place to turn around. There is a free shuttle that will take you to and from the closest Marta station, which was a huge plus.
This hotel was more expensive than what I normally book, but I didn't want to risk a cheap place on the bad side of town in Atlanta, and I feel I can always trust Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Holiday Inn is located in a good area for food and some shopping. Just the things you need for business or family travel. The staff is very friendly, they will take care of problems that a rise. I had a problem with the tv, they took care of it right away.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I have stayed at this hotel many, many times over the past two years. Being that it was previously Country Inn and Suites, I was worried how things would change once it became a Holiday Inn Express. However, things are just as great as ever! Tee and Cedric who work the front desk, are absolutely amazing! They are both very personable and friendly and honestly, they're the main reason we always choose this particular hotel. As far as rooms, they are very comfortable, clean and well maintained! The breakfast is always nice and very convenient.
We travel to Atlanta periodically for medical reasons and consider this hotel our home away from home. Overall, just a very safe, friendly, comfortable atmosphere made better by the two most amazing staff members you'll ever know!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Only stayed at the hotel for one night. Overall the hotel/lobby/room/breakfast area was in great condition. The room I got seemed small but was fine for me. The shower seemed to be inside a capsule, strange but it was fine. The breakfast was good. Employees provided excellent customer service at all times. I would consider this hotel on future visits.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015 via mobile

Was just staying the night in Atlanta and wanted a place in Buckhead with parking included. The location was great. Free parking and free hot breakfast. Room was very clean and comfortable, recommend this place for anyone looking for a worry free stay in Buckhead.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hoover, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

I stayed at this hotel February 27th-March 1st. The staff was very nice at check in and throughout my stay. However, cleanliness was in question. I was in room 507 and on Friday when I checked in there was a large bag of garbage in the vending/ice room and it had a rather strong odor. I checked in around 5 on Friday. Saturday afternoon the garbage was still there with something leaking out of the bottom spreading through the grout. I did photograph it at this point. On Sunday morning the garbage was removed however the spill wasn't. I did call the main number for holiday inn and made them aware of the issue. They said they would email the manager. Before I left I shared the photos with the front desk clerk who asked me to text them to her and I did. She said she would show them to the manager that morning. I gave her my name and room number that I had stayed in as well. Seeing this made me question exactly how clean my room was. Especially, when they removed the garbage without cleaning the spill. I understand that special circumstances happen however, if that were the case causing this not to be cleaned as it should have been I would have certainly appreciated some type of communication from the management explaining why this happened. I don't believe that I would stay at this location again. As I said I just makes me wonder what other cleaning issues are being missed or skipped.
(I do have photo's but I can't seem to get them to load to this review. I will try to load those later)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Corwin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, March 14, 2015
Dear Rturner, I apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced while at our property. I have addressed them with our entire staff, to make sure it does not happen again. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay. We will use your comments to get better as a staff, in order to improve our guest experience. I would like to apologize once again for the issues you experienced while here. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Atlanta area.
Gosport, Hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

My son and I stayed for 2 nights and I was pleased that I had chosen so well. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms and lovely nights sleep. The breakfast was good and the drinks on "tap " very welcome after a long day out.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!