“Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   111 Cone Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Centennial Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #46 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I loved this hotel and had a wonderful stay. The staff was especially courteous and helpful, our bed was comfy and the noise level was perfect, and the breakfast was of a high quality. We were given a corner room with a nice view of the city. The location is perfectly central, and we had an easy walk to the Georgia Aquarium and the Rialto Theater. Also we were able to get to the hotel easily after taking the MARTA train from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great place for an overnight stay. My room was a great size for me. I was given a room with two double beds and a sitting area. My only complaint is the view was terrible, it was a view of the building next door. Breakfast was nothing special (normal).Be prepared to pay for parking to stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the location of the hotel was outstanding.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your recognition and feedback.
Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks recently while on a business trip from the uk.
I was on floor 4 and unless you are facing the street the view is pretty naff, anything higher and you will be able to see over the roof next door.
The free wifi is a big plus point. The breakfast was ok and the cinammon buns were lovely.
The location is very is very good right in the middle of downtown atlanta,there is a lot of restaurants/places to eat all with in a few minutes walk. It is very conveniently located to visit local attractions. The cnn tour/georgia aquarium/coca cola museum. all of which are worth a visit.
I would come back to this hotel if I was to come back to atlanta.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown! We are glad to hear that your overall experience exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.
Cropwell, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The lobby is okay but the hallway that I was on needed wallpaper work. The rooms are small. My big problem was the valet parking. No option if you are driving. I do understand that you have to valet but do not trust the company handling the parking which in my opinion the hotel should shoulder responsibility of damage if damage is done. I went in with a perfect vehicle and when it was returned it had been damaged. I did not check the vehicle before I left the property and when I got to my next stop I spotted the damaged and immediately called to report the damage. Long story short neither the hotel or valet service will pay for repair. They knew the damage was there before I left the property. I did report this to the hotel mgr.

Room Tip: Take pictures of your vehicle before they valet and make sure you check it before you leave. I would...
Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that our facilities and service did not exceed your expectations. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am currently staying here for the week.
Upon arrival I noticed the lobby smelled like cigarettes. I didn't think anything of it. I just hoped my room would be better.
My room smells like I'm rooming with the Marlboro man. I asked the front desk for another room. They say they are 100% sold out for the week. The room is technically a non smoking room. But I can promise you that someone recently smoked in this room.
I wanted to turn the AC on to help filter air. Doesn't work due to cold temperatures outdoors? At least that's what I'm told by front desk.
I asked for a fan to help circulate air. I was told they would try to locate a fan and if they found one they would send it up.
15 minutes later a fan is delivered to my room. It didn't work at first but I was able to get it going after pushing the blades a few times around.
I'm afraid I (and all my luggage and clothing) will smell like a smokers lounge by the end of the week.
I'm told there is nothing I can do.
Beds are small (full size) I asked for King size bed, again, sold out for the week.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown Atlanta area. The property is close to walk to the bars and restaurants, very few shops and very few people!!. The rooms were ideal as was breakfast, thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for your kind compliments of our address. I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Atlanta.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is very convenient to Phillips arena. Maybe a 5-10 minute walk which was very convenient for our concert. The room was clean and nice although a little small but plenty for our overnight stay. The only complaints were 1. The breakfast wasn't that good. My first trip they were out of eggs, I waited then went back and they were out of sausage. So we got pancakes which were mediocre at best. 2. We used the computer to print something and it was out of ink. 3. The WiFi wasn't working. Other than those minor inconveniences it was a great stay and was better priced than surrounding hotels. Also be aware that their is a $15 self park and $25 valet fee.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with our leadership so we can continue to improve our services and property. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown brand is known.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!