“Good hotel, weird city!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   111 Cone Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Centennial Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #40 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, weird city!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm not sure how much my review reflects on the hotel, or reflects on Atlanta generally.

Postives: Free wifi, free breakfast which was good (but small), comfy bed, clean room, good heater in bedroom (Atlanta was freezing!), very helpful staff, close to world of coca cola.

Negatives: Very close to another holiday inn which is confusing- ensure you ask for holiday inn express! Not as easy to get to from the marta as I thought. Bathroom had no heater and was therefore FREEZING. Too cold for me to bring myself to take a shower- not good! Even going to the toilet in the middle of the night was a problem! Also big problem with homeless people.

The homeless people seem to hang around this area, see you have suitcases and offer to help you. You say your ok, you're not lost, bla bla, they insist on showing you where you're going anyway. Then they demand money off you. Very scary, especially at 10pm after a 3 hour flight.

I had a problem with atlanta in general. The next day we spent 3 hours in the coca cola world which was great, but then we went to find where the main areas were, and the whole city seemed to be deserted! It was so weird!!! We were told by the hotel staff to go to the lennox centre, not far on the marta, but even that was dead. The only parts where we could find people were on a street near 5 points marta station that were having a huge arguement, so we left very quickly. We ended up going back to the airport earlier than planned because we simply ran out of things to do. If we'd have been there for more than one night we would have gone to the Martin Luther King attraction, or the Fox theatre, but we simply didn't have the time.

Like I say, I'm not sure how much of my review is a reflection of the hotel or Atlanta, but I probably would never ever come back to Atlanta by choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. Your compliments and comments were appreciated and shared with the team. We are very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help us correct these service issues. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance and staying with us next time you visit Atlanta

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The location of this hotel really is in downtown Atlanta and you can easily walk to CNN and Coca Cola. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Parking is across the street in a public car park but with "in-out" for $15 per day. The only thing is it's not ideal if you are a girl on your own needing to park a car as it is not somewhere I would like to be on my own.

There's lots of restaurants around and it's easy to find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the feedback, we share all compliments and comments with our staff and they love to hear what our guest have to say. We are at a perfect location for business traveler and tourists, walking distance from attractions, conference center and lots of restaurants. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing your again.
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The best customer service that you will ever find. This hotel goes above and beyond to make your stay very comfortable. Very clean hotel. Breakfast was hot and fresh...I look forward to going back to this hotel for future stays...

Room Tip: I always ask for handicap or spacious room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Each and every staff members at the Holiday Inn Express loved your review title. Beyond Customer Service is what we aim for and I am happy we delivered it. Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We take pride in our Guest services and we appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff member efforts. We hope you can find time in your busy schedule to come back and enjoy more of what the Downtown Atlanta has to offer.
Milledgeville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. It's in easy walking distance of the CNN Omni center and Centennial Park, as well as area restaurants. The morning breakfast was very good. It's a great value.

The reason this gets 5 stars is because of superior customer service! I had a complicated reservation, and then required some service after my stay to reimburse some charges, and the hotel staff was incredibly responsive and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It is amazing to receive such complimentary comments and kind words about our hotel and staff members. Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay. We are at a perfect location for business traveler and tourists, walking distance from attractions, conference center and lots of restaurants. Your compliments and comments were appreciated and shared with the team. Our team will be happy to assist you in planning your next stay, so whenever you are ready to return to Downtown, Atlanta, please give us a call and let us take care of the travel details for you. Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Due to the great customer service and cleanliness I am guaranteed to receive, I always make staying with Holiday Inn Express my priority!! My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Downtown Atlanta location and would recommend the stay to anyone. We attended the Hawks vs. Lakers game so the Phillips Arena and shopping was within walking distance. The atmosphere, customer service, and overall location is just outstanding. I commend the staff for making my time there great. Vira is awesome at her job and you can tell that she loves making customers satisfied!! She was so nice and remembers her guest well!! Ms. Williams will most defiantly be returning!! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express & Suites would like extend our sincere appreciation for your recent review. We thank you for your acknowledgement for our staff members. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay "Ms. Williams" and were able to enjoy the great service and amenities. Thank you for the great review. We could not ask for better and are so glad that we delivered everything you expected. We look forward to a lot of future visits.
Cornelia, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great staff and location. Rooms are a bit dated, but clean. There is good sound insulation from the outside noises. But every time someone went into their room anywhere on my hall and shut their door, it was as loud as somebody slamming the closet door in my own bedroom at home and it woke me up. Not a great sleep due to that. This hotel DOES NOT have an attached parking area. Had to park across the street in a small, creepy, poorly lit parking deck. Dark stairwells in parking deck are urinals for homeless- AVOID- use the elevator! Needed to go out to my car to get something that I forgot before I went to bed. There were two homeless guys standing vigil at the entrance to the parking deck when I went to cross the street. Didn't like my chances against them, so I decided I didn't need the item that badly. Was happy my car was still OK when I returned to it the next morning. It appeared that the hotel may have had an attached parking area that was closed. (??) . If I were not driving, it would not be an issue. I would probably stay here again if there were attached parking; but will stay elsewhere next time, despite the efforts of the very professional staff there.

Room Tip: I had 609 and it was clean, but very loud outside. Maybe others are better?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are very sorry for the noise issue you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We will look into ways to correct this situation. We hope that the next time you're in the area, you'll consider staying with us again as we would love another chance to provide a great hotel stay for you. Thank you for your comments
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room very good clean, but a bit small. The hotel staff (Florett and Vira) was very helpful in getting us checked in. The hotel is in the heart of downtown and in walking distance to all the attraction we attended. The "Movie Star" was very helpful as well. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Your comments and compliments about your stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites made me smile. I am sure that the “Movie Star” would be just as pleased. We know it is the little things that make your stay more comfortable and I am very happy that we were able to deliver on our promise. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!