“"Room and Hotel Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   111 Cone Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Centennial Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #46 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Gulfport, Mississippi
“"Room and Hotel Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room very good clean, but a bit small. The hotel staff (Florett and Vira) was very helpful in getting us checked in. The hotel is in the heart of downtown and in walking distance to all the attraction we attended. The "Movie Star" was very helpful as well. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Your comments and compliments about your stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites made me smile. I am sure that the “Movie Star” would be just as pleased. We know it is the little things that make your stay more comfortable and I am very happy that we were able to deliver on our promise. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
VA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is smack in the middle of everything in Atlanta. It's within easy walking distance to the Georgia dome, CNN, Georgia Aquarium and olympic park as well as several good bars and restaurants. The rooms are VERY small, but they have everything you need. The rooms are spotlessly clean and fresh. Beds are comfy, bathrooms (small also) are very well appointed and have everything you need. All the staff are friendly and helpfull. The heater/air is the quietest I've ever had in a hotel room. Parking is right across the street and no problem at all. Breakfast is great! Very nice hotel and I will definatley stay there again if I'm ever in Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are glad that you liked our location. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words. We value your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services, please let us know. Thanks again for choosing us for your Atlanta stay.
Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was impressed with the room layout-no vents or air blowing over the bed! It was one of the most restfull HIE that I have stayed in. The staff was engaging from check in to the breakfast hostess. Smiles and "may I help you" were the norm. Location was good for downtown only minutes from the federal building. Rresturants were close-recommend the Landmark Diner. Parking was in the garage across the street. Security was good-frequently saw bike, car and foot patrols. Wouldstay ther again wihout second thoughts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We thank you so much for great feedback. I am sure a lot of travelers will find your review most helpful. I was proud to read the notes about the breakfast hostess. Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction: we strive to do the best job we can, and reviews like yours make it all worthwhile. We certainly hope to see you back soon!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was very nice! Breakfast was being prepared by Jessica and she was GREAT!!! She engaged in conversations with me, my husband and my kids. We felt so relaxed. She even went out her way to provide my husband with some type of sausage that was served that day before but was not available the next morning. She really needs a pat on the back! The first night our hot water went out and Michael came right up to assist; he checked other rooms until he realized it was an entire floor issue. He got Vera on the line and they came up with a solution that made me very satisfied. The room was clean and I felt very comfortable about allowing my kids to roam around freely. Staff makes a difference and this staff gets thumbs up from me and my family!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing CNN had a great view of city!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I have forwarded your fabulous review and compliments of Jessica and Michael to all of our colleagues along with my thanks to Jessica and Michael for being a true ambassador for Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We genuinely appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor so that we are able to share it with the staff as well. We all look forward to welcoming you to back.
Palatka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful experience!!! Hotel is clean and comfortable, but what makes it exceptional is the staff!!! Friendly, cheerful, and go out of their way to help! Close enough to GWCC to walk. Rooms are small but have everything you need. Elevators are a tight fit, but is to be expected in an older building. Parking across the street in a garage is a tight squeeze but doable. Will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the great service and amenities. Thank you for the great review. We could not ask for better and are so glad that we delivered everything you expected. We look forward to a lot of future visits.
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. Very clean, close to everything, and quite possibly the best service I have received at a hotel. We were there for 4 nights and fresh towels were delivered daily, the front desk greeted us as we came in and left every time. We even left quite a few things in the room and they already had everything together when I called and they shipped it all back to me up in Indiana. So happy that we chose this hotel and we will definitely be staying there next time in Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Douglas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

While the hotel is located within the "city", access to the hotel was not bad. I really don't like hotels where you have to pay for parking but most all of the hotels in the inner city of Atlanta are this was expected. The thing that impressed me the most was that the gentleman at the front desk (don't remember his name) knew the name of "all' of the guests. Each time we came in he said welcome back Mr.__________. The room was well appointed and I guess the only complaint was the raised sink, which did not leave room to put your stuff.
Other tha the sink the hotel was "Great" and the hotel staff "Excellant".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!