“very nice, not what you would typically think of a Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 10% off with AAA
Ranked #65 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
onlmom
“very nice, not what you would typically think of a Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We celebrated the NY and ChickFilA bowl game in Atlanta and due to the reviews on Trip Advisor decided to try out this Hampton..This is a very nice hotel. The lobby felt very "big city". I think (dont quote me) I saw on the outside of the building a register for National Historic Sites. The building and lobby are really nice..not at all what you would think of with and "off the interstate" Hampton Inn. The front desk employees were smiling and very helpful..Parking is an additional $18/night..but this is near typical in a large city with limited parking. We were happy to have a gated, private lot for our car. (you are given a card to enter and exit as you wish). We reserved a suite (they may all be suites?) which was very large..it was equipped with a small sitting area, (couch that made a bed), small furnished kitchen and separate large bedroom. The beds were fluffy, pillows were fluffy and overall very clean. The bathroom was a bit small...but really no problem for us.
The location is a bit tricky..our GPS got a bit confused with the "no left turn" issues, but after a day, we were able to move around and find the place easily. The Hampton is in the HEART of downtown. A close walk to the CNN center, Ga Dome etc. We also walked to Underground for the "peach drop"..a bit more ambitious walk..but still do-able.
I agree with another reviewer who said go to "Ted's Montana Grill"..this place is literally steps from the entrance and both the food, drinks and atmosphere are fun. We also ventured to Lenox Square Mall..the mall is really not far and very easy to find. (drive not walk) :) We did go down for the breakfast..included were hot items (bisquits/gravy/eggs/ham) as well as the usual pastries, fruit, and toast. The dining area is small and crowed..but clean and well maintained..of course we were there for NY..so, basically the entire city was crowed. I am very pleased with our choice and would stay again!

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night during the layover in Atlanta. It is located slap bang in the centre of Atlanta within a walking distance from MARTA train, which takes you straight to the airport for $2.25.

Reception staff were absolutely wonderful and beat many 4 and 5 star hotel employees. Our room was spacious, the bed was massive, although as some other reviewers have mentioned there was a bit of a humming noise coming from the air conditioning unit on the landing. I am not sure whether this applies to all room, so ask when checking-in.
There is a small gym and a laundry room on site, as well as a vending machine for soft drinks. Coffee and tea is available at all times in reception free of charge. There is also a small shop where you can purchase snacks and odd nicks and knacks.

Breakfast was basic, but plentiful with a reasonable choice of both hot and cold food (during our stay we were served cheese omlette and sausage meat). Once again, member of staff working in the breakfast area was extremely friendly. Take away breakfasts are available for those is a hurry.

Don't miss a wonderful restaurant just round the corner called ' Ted's Montana Grill', which served very tasty food.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Stayed in this hotel in April this year. The reception staff were lovely on our arrival. The room was more than adequate, if suffering a little from external noise. The hotel did offer me earplugs but I was already wearing them! It could well have been the fact our room, overlooked the back which was quiet but did front onto the extraction units and the early morning bin lorries. The take away menus were very useful and room cleaning staff always did a good job. The location was fine and we walked everywhere. The aquarium and childrens museum a plesant stroll away. The breakfast was great, not too busy, plenty of choice and always topped up, we thoroughly enjoyed it each day. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Atlanta

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Stayed 5 nights. Had a King bed w/arm chair. Would have upped to a suite next time. Easy walk to CNN, Coke, Aquarium, Centennial Park. No minifridge but we had a playmate cooler which served us well. No pool but they let you use the pool at the Weston across the street, inquire at the desk. Excellent breakfast with a different hot entree every morning. WiFi in the room. Parking was $18/day but you could go in and out. Other lots charge $12-$15 but no in and out. Teds Montana Grill one block away and MARTA station easy walk. Carry some singles for the pan handlers. Neighborhood OK during the day but iffy after dark.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Good hotel in a good location. Just 2-3 blocks from the Aquarium. Good restaurants nearby. Nice room, clean and the beds were very comfortable. Good staff. There is a charge for parking, but all the hotels in this area charge for parking.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wayne County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

We stayed here on a visit to the Georgia Aquarium. When I checked out in the morning, I asked the clerk at the front desk for driving directions to the Aquarium. He told me I could just leave my car in their lot and walk, which saved about $10 in parking fees. By the way, it's about a 10 minute walk.
We found it clean and comfortable. The exercise room was better than I expected. Price is basically in line with the neighborhood.
Some other reviewers complained about the noise. This is a city location, and city streets are never really quiet. If this is going to keep you awake, stay a little further out and drive into town in the morning.
If I'm traveling to Atlanta for something downtown, I'll come back here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

i really liked this hotel. Maybe because it was smaller,
quiet, and had a historical feel to it, yet with all the
comforts and amenities of a larger hotel chain. Check
in was uneventfull, booked online through AAA rate, which
was much better than other surrounding larger hotels.
This is a recenlty renovated historical building with interesting
rooms. The lobby has an Art Deco Feel with lots of windows
and sun. Every day there were different snacks in the lobby,
apples, oatmeal raisin cookiies. etc. Try to get a corner room.
My L shaped room had five almost floor length double hung
original windows with a great view of the city. Internet was
free in the room, nice TV with cable, Computer lap work station,
in room coffee/tea set up, and plenty of big soft bed pillows.
I was alone attending a convention at the Georgia World
Congress Center which I could walk to each day, so for
the price this was a great location, over the Weston and
Marriott which were across the street. The bathroom was
very large and well appointed with daily toiletries. I slept
well and never heard my neighbors which made it a very
quiet and restful place to return to at the end of a busy day
or evening out in Atlanta. A self serve Buffet type Breakfast
station was included in the room rate, off the lobby area.
The breakfast variety was quite nice and the staff were
always pleasant and helpfull. A nice touch, if you were
in a rush in the morning they had on the go Breakfast
Brown Bags which I though was quite considerate. There
is a Computer Room with internet and Printer on the first
floor free to use. This is a nice smaller hotel for a business
travelor.
My only complaint about my trip to Atlanta was the
horrible and disorganized transportation service from
the Airport to the hotels I pre-booked my shuttle, and
the lines were horrific, as well as the taxi lines. The
shuttle service was suppose to pick me up at the
Convention center to return to the Airport, but never showed,
so I as well as many others walked across the street
and took the Marta ( you will make 1 stop change) only
costs $1.75 one way which drops you off inside Hartsfiled
Airport. I'm not sure I would take it at night but it was fine
during the day . If you travel light take Marta and forget
the $16.00 shuttle services.

• Liked — smaller hotel, quiet, and great breakfast with good location.
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything I really did not like. Would have been nice if it had a minibar or refrig in room.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!