“Week end in Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
WA State
“Week end in Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked this hotel for its price and location. We didn't want to rent a car, so a hotel close to the sights we wanted, this fit the bill. We took Marta (2.50pp O/W)in from Airport and arrived on Peachtree area and close to hotel. When checking in I had a cold and asked for 2 beds instead of the king I booked. None were availble due to large group of men sport team at hotel, but desk clerk but us in a 1 bedroom suite with sofa bed to help us. Great room and since this is a older building they do have many of these larger units.Since the Hurricane Sandy was coming near the coast the temps dropped and winds picked up. We had to have mantinace come and turn heat on, then winds knocked out cable last night.
Many restaurants to choose from around area, we just didn't choose the right ones to eat at. Loved the Aquarium, Coke and CNN tour, easy walking just too cold those days.
No problems like some of the other posting wrote about, we were please with all staff.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel to avoid street noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear islandgirl6333,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad our location was convenient for your recent trip to Atlanta and that we were able to honor your request to change your room type at check in. Sorry you experienced some of the bad weather caused by Hurricane Sandy; late October is generally a beautiful time to travel to Atlanta.

Looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Andrew May – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I review EVERY property I encounter & I usually have at least ONE thing that keeps it from rating 5 stars. I could find nothing to detract from 5 stars here! We checked in early, no problems, fast, efficient, friendly front desk staff! The hotel is in an AWESOME location! Just a few blocks from everything we wanted to do....CNN, Coca Cola, Olympic Park, Hawks game @ Philips Arena.... Ted Turner's restaurant right across the street. Great parking, hotel is VERY modern & upscale in decor. Breakfast was plentiful & a good selection. We had a 1 bedroom suite w/ 2 queens & sofa sleeper. It was a perfect space for (4) myself, my sister & teenage nieces. TV in both rooms, microwave, mini fridge & very spacious. Granite counters & dark wood accents give it a rich look, but for an amazing price! I visit Atlanta twice a year& I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: we were on 5th floor & it was very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Carolyn G,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I have shared your 5 Star rating with the team and they are excited you had a “perfect stay”!

We’re glad our location was central for all your site-seeing adventures, sounds like you had an action packed trip!

We look forward to welcoming you back for a return trip soon.

South Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We took a last minute trip into downtown for the night to go out to a late show at a local bar, and selected this Hampton Inn at random - never had a bad night at a Hampton Inn before - big mistake! First, price tag was quite high - turns out we could have stayed in a gorgeous room in the Westin across the street for very little more; Second, they call it "historic" which apparently means small and funky-smelling rooms; But we just wanted a convenient and safe spot for the night, it was clean, and the bed was pretty good. So after requesting a late check-out, we might have slept pretty well....at 3 a.m. other travelers were very loud in the hallway, and you can hear EVERYTHING from your room; Next, the maid made no attempt to be quiet out there around 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning.....but the best part was when she knocked twice and the front desk called once - even before the usual 11 check out time! $180 bucks, with a AAA discount, for the worst night's sleep I've ever had!

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear stenowriter,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including the comments that can help identify ways we can improve. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security available during high traffic periods - we regret that noise was disruptive to you. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests and I will share your review with our entire team.

Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will make sure to address all of the issues you brought up so that we may constantly improve our quality for our guests. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to call my at 404-589-1111

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First, the hotel is within walking distance of the Coca Cola and Aquarium attractions. At a brisk walk it will take you approximate 10 minutes to both. Also within walking distance is the CNN center and Centenial Park.

The hotel itself has plenty of parking...although relatively expensive at $18/night. The parking is outside but is on-site. Check-in went well and we were put into a clean and quite room on the 6th floor. The breakfast was good and there seemed to be plenty of food. If I had to make one complaint it would be that the FRONT DESK staff were not very friendly (other staff..i.e. the breakfast attendant, maintenance, etc were friendly). Just not the usual "hello" or "how are you doing", and so on that I have come to expect from almost any hotel...let alone a Hampton. Just a very 'cold' atmosphere.

The hotel itself sits within downtown Atlanta so be ready for the onslaught of homeless folks asking for money. I was approached in the hotel parking lot, Centenial Park and on the walk to the Coke attraction. I understand the homeless problem but I was not ready for the number of homeless I saw sitting, walking and laying around the Centenial Park area. Just be ready...

Overall, the hotel was nice and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear J P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the hotel breakfast and found our room accommodations clean and quiet. As for the “cold atmosphere” we pride ourselves on our professionalism but with the “hamptonality” you are accustomed to in all Hamptons. I will certainly review your feedback with the team members to use as a training example.

As for parking rates, our hotel is one of the lower priced in the downtown area that provides unlimited “in & out” privileges. Guests are free to park their car in other lots, but we caution them on fluctuating hourly/daily prices.

Sorry about your experiences with pan-handling, the city has taken several steps to curtail this.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We’re looking forward to having you stay with us during your next trip to Atlanta.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the American Speech and Hearing Convention. The location was great...a short walk to the convention centre. Always nice to have breakfast provided and this was one of the best freebie breakfasts I have been offered. Hot items were different everyday and there was always a waffle maker! Best part of the stay was the staff...they went out of their way to greet us everyday. Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance people were genuinely friendly. It felt like we were staying a a friend's house instead of a hotel. Well done Hampton Inn!!!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Monica G,

Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service to all our guests so it’s always rewarding to hear the success stories. You can be sure I will share your response with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Flemingsburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went to Atlanta to watch college basketball at the georgia dome. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean lobby and impressive rooms with those Famous Hampton Inn beds. Slept wonderfully all 3 nights. Had an impressive spread for breakfast each morning, and the lobby staff answered every question and even provided 3X5 cards with walking directions to nearby attractions. 15 minute walk to georgia dome, world of coca cola. 5 minutes to Piddy Pats, Marta terminal, Centennial Park. Would stay at this hotel again without hesitation

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the bldg are more spacious but overlook the alley where trash is picked up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear shane w,

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful detailed review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad you found our location to be convenient and our rooms clean and well appointed for your needs. Hopefully the team you came to support was victorious.

We look forward to having you back. Keep in mind Atlanta is the host city for the 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had a 5 day stay here in early November 2012. The hotel staff stole my boyfriend's Nike basketball shoes and the box they were in.

First the staff claimed they didn't remove anything from the room. The front desk confirmed they will not remove anything from the rooms unless asked. Then their story changed, saying they did throw a box away, but didn't know about anything inside (but there were 2 other boxes in the room untouched). 4 days after we'd gone home from our trip, the hotel calls and leaves a voicemail saying they did throw away a box with Nike shoes in them, the maid said they look worn and assumed it was trash. Their excuses were different each time. The Hampton Inn staff STOLE from us and NO reimbursement efforts have been made.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Narine G

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with my Housekeeping Manager. I apologize for the level of service you’ve received thus far regarding this incident. If I can assist you further, please let me know.

Andrew May – General Manger

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!