“Needs maintenance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Potenza, Italy
“Needs maintenance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We selected this location since it is close to attraction downtown. There is construction on the street in front which creates a few issues but not in the hotel's control.

This property shows wear and the need for some upkeep. The faucet in my bath dripped but I couldn't hear it as the AC ran all night to get the temperature under 75 (appears they turned it on just before I arrived on a 90 degree day). The carpets are soiled as was the cover for the bed. The lock for the balcony door did not lock and could be opened completely (safety hazard for children on the 11th floor).

The buttons on the elevator stick.

If I had to stay downtown again I'd choose a different location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recently moved to Atlanta and due to an unfortunate incident had to move in to a hotel for about 8 days while my place was getting ready. Initially I stayed at the Best Western Inn at Peachtree for a couple of days but then had to move out of there as it was costing too much. That is when I moved in here.

To start with the staff is absolutely amazing. They actually make you feel at home. Vanessa was the first person I came in contact with when I checked in and she was an angel about everything. Even helped me get a better room rate and advised me on whatever I needed. Chata was another amazing person on the front desk who would go as far as saving me coffee if I missed breakfast due to meetings and work. Greta was awesome and let me put my luggage in her office just to be sure that nothing happened to it when I was checking out and could not take my luggage immediately.

All in all it is good place to stay in downtown Atlanta. It is by far the cheapest hotel there and is right opposite the Rialto Center for Arts. The rooms are comfortable albeit a bit old. The hotel is surrounded with a ton of places to eat and is a stone’s throw away from the Centennial Park and World of Coca Cola. To sum it up, it is a homely place to stay and is very affordable but do not expect it to be a lap of luxury like the Westin or the Marriott, it is a Quality Inn at the end of the day and is probably one of the best ones in that category.

Room Tip: Choose the room that over looks the Rialto Center... the other side overlooks a parking lot so not a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ridgeway, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The first person I met was Vanessa at the front desk. There was a customer in front of me when I arrived and the phone was constantly ringing. Ms. Vanessa never lost her cool and was courteous the whole time with those at the desk and those on the phone. Very pleasant experience checking in and out(she was there when we left as well.)
The lady that cleaned our room was Wanda. I met her in the lobby the first day and asked her for directions to the MARTA. She came over and talked with me and my granddaughters. Very pleasant and was "dead on" with her directions. We were met with a genuine smile the next morning when we came down from the lobby. She remembered us from the day before.
Ms. Zindi was the lady serving the breakfast that morning. Again, just as personable and pleasant as the other women mentioned above.
We would definitely return to this hotel and these three women are a large part of that decision.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
basking ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Their free breakfast is terrific, location is great, and their king sized bed was fresh and new...it is an older hotel, so they need to spend some additional time on maintenance - e.g. the toilet in my room ran constantly, and you had to jiggle the handle to stop it.
Having said that, the brighest spot at the hotel was Vanessa at the front desk - she could not have been more helpful to me - looked up, and printed (by hand, and without being asked) the MARTA schedule for me from the stop nearest the hotel, and also gave me a MARTA card to use...just great - it seemed like she was an old friend after only a few minutes!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pendergrass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near Centennial Olympic Park, the GA Dome and the GA World Congress Center. The biggest downside was that there are not separate a/c units in each room which made the climate of the room VERY uncomfortable. Chata, the clerk that helps us check in was MORE than helpful and informative, however when we checked out the next morning the clerk was VERY RUDE and acted like she didn't really care, and that we were inconveniencing her. We were in room 209 from July 26th and checked out on July 27, 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Some friends and I rode the Mega-Bus from Nashville to Atlanta to go to a photograpy convention and we stayed at this Hotel. It was a great find. Yes I will be honest, it could use some updating to the rooms. Out air could have worked a little better. It had had a great view, because we were on one of the higher floors. The staff was really fun too. I do not know if it was because there ended up being a playoff game that weekend or what, but there was almost always police officers in the lobby dining area. They were taking a break yes, but if something happened they were right there. Helped to feel very protected. It was walking distance to many of the attractions in Atlanta like the CNN and aquariuum. And I have never been fed as well as the breakfast that was served the next morning to the guests. My friend booked it through Priceline and so the price was very reasonable. I will stay there again when I go back to visit Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wolcott, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was ok, old could us some up dating! Vanessa at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Very good choices for breakfast . And the coffee was fresh. The hotel was very close to all the downtown activities. It was in walking distance to the CNN building and a park. The price was very reasonable for our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel Downtown? Share your experiences!