“Stay here in Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown

You added Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #40 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Oak Ridge
“Stay here in Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stay at this Residence Inn! Great staff, great location, fresh breakfast, metro next door, right on Peachtree street, easy access to and from I-85. And it has great prices -- take advantage of them. I review a lot of hotel and this one is one of my favorites. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Panzerguy,
Thank you very much for taking time to send in a review of your stay with us! It's good to hear that you love the location with its proximity to MARTA, as well as the breakfast! We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta! Take care til then,
Christine P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to Atlanta to see Fleetwood Mac. This hotel was within walking distance of the Phillips Arena and The Aquarium. I was emailed detailed information to the Hotel and Calendar of Events by (I wish I remembered her name). The Hotel had Valet Parking, which we did not want to use since our car was less than a week old. Tere helped us park our car in a safe spot. At check in they were so friendly and gave me a bag with a bottle of water and a Big Peanut Butter Cookie. I also asked for their Phone number to program in my phone, should we need to call them to get us a Taxi. Tere gave us the phone number of a taxi service, which it turned out we did not need since the weather was really nice that nigth. The room was very nice, had a little kitchen. That night they had a complementary Social Hour that included a nice hot meal (Chili and White Rice), with Salad, Beer and Wine, etc. In the morning a complementary Breakfast with Eggs, Sausage, Breakfast Wrap, Waffles, Oatmeal, etc. All the people at the front desk were really nice as well as all the valets. My husband was helped in retrieving the car, while Tere carried my bag down the stairs. He helped putting the bag in the car and put two bottles of cold water in our car for the trip home, he was very attentive and you can tell he loved his job. I will definately go back to this hotel should I go back to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Not aware if they had a pool. But we did visit the Nautilus Room. It was nice. Plenty of equipmen...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Elizabeth C,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. Fleetwood Mac - I'm jealous! We are glad you received the emailed directions and suggested activities in advance of your stay! Also, your valet is delighted to know you enjoyed his service. Thank you so much for being our guest, and please come back and stay with us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this hotel. The front desk staff is attentive and thorough, and the valet service is outstanding. I never have to wait long for luggage assistance or retrieval of my car. They greet me by name with a bottle of cold spring water. What's not to love? I have my employees from out of town stay here whenever I can because I know they'll have great service and timely departure without having to wait long times for their cars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Susan H,
Thanks for taking time to send a review of your stay! The staff and I are so glad to hear you approve the level of service, and that you utilize the hotel for your company travelers! We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you back to Atlanta!
Warm regards,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There are many facets of this hotel that I really enjoyed, as listed below:

1. The location is very convenient. It's across the street from the MARTA, so it's a very easy 25 minute subway ride to the airport from the hotel (you can also use the computer downstairs to print your boarding pass if you want). The hotel is also located in the middle of downtown, so it provides easy walking access to tourist attractions and businesses.

2. The free breakfast and free evening reception had way more food than I expected. You can easily make a dinner from the food available at the evening reception, and there's free beer and wine as well.

3. The check-in attendant (Toria) was incredibly sweet. She seemed to try to remember everyone's name since I always saw her greet other guests that walked by, addressing them as Mr./Ms. (Last name). I was impressed! Also, when I checked in, I got a voucher for a scoop of ice cream in the general store downstairs. I thought it was a cute little touch.

4. The fitness room was not large, consisting of mostly cardio equipment and some free weights. There was also not a water dispensing machine in the fitness room, which I found to be odd. However, all hotel guests are given access to Gold's Gym 2 blocks away, so if you're particularly fitness focused, this is a great perk!

Overall, I loved this hotel and will definitely be staying here if I'm back in Atlanta!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Howard L, thank you so much for writing a review of your stay with us! That''s good to hear you found our location convenient to attractions and getting to and from the airport. Chef Jason in the evening social will be glad to learn you approve his menu selections. Also, we are at work on the filtered water unit for the fitness room - a new one is due in soon! Please come back and stay with us again soon! Sincerely yours, Christine P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I had called before, during and after our stay about early check-in. I notified them that I would be arriving around 3-5AM and I was only told about the $30 charge which was fine but I was told there wouldn't be a problem. I even called on my way to make sure there was a vacancy. As I arrived at 3AM after driving 8 hours I was told that I had to wait an hour before I could have my room because of the "computer system". He did not even apologize for the inconvience, just simply said you have to wait. So we were exhausted and waited. Thankfully the room was beautiful and clean. The hotel itself is great but during our stay we put our NO HOUSEKEEPING magnet on our door and as we arrived back one day there was a gentlemen coming out of our room and said he was told to check because people check out and leave the magnets on the door. Well his info was wrong, we still had another night left. They apologized and offered us wine but that did nothing. To me that was a huge invasion of privacy and made me feel so uncomfortable considering all my personal and valuables were out. With that and our arrival issue I would never stay there again. Once again it was a beautiful hotel but the service was far from it.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Abiehl36, the staff and I thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay, and for providing us your feedback on your check-in and housekeeping intrusion. We are glad you found the hotel to be beautiful, but are truly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations with our service. Please be assured we have covered the overnight check-in procedure with the staff so that our guests have the opportunity to check-in without waiting. Additionally, I apologize for our staff member checking your room when you had your No Housekeeping magnet on the door. Honoring our guests' requests for privacy is very important to us, and we are committed to being more careful in the future. Abiehl36, please give me a call at 404-522-0950 so we may discuss this matter further. Your business is very important to us and your feedback will be utilized in our efforts to continuously improve. Sincerely yours, Christine P
Prattville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice Hotel ...GREAT staff ! I had a rough ride to get to the Hotel , but it was worth it !
I was in Atlanta for legal reasons and the Front Desk went above and beyond in assisting Me.
Ask for Alex ( Front Desk) !
Room was well appointed with a open floor plan....Nice !

Room Tip: In Atlanta .....always seek a high room ...Rooms 1-3-6 are large corrner suites
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear John B,
Thanks for sending in a review of your stay - Alex will be excited to hear your encouraging words. Getting around in Atlanta isn't always easy - even for us who live here! We've used your feedback and are now sending an email with directions to our arriving guests two days in advance to help them navigate through the detours. Thanks for helping us improve. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Atlanta!
nashville, Tenn, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My stay was average.. Housekeeping made everybody else look bad... The food was good,(morning and evening)... Valet department was great.. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift.. The gentleman that works 1st shift is a wonderful person, I forgot his name. Housekeeping needs major improvement.. I will give you'll a second chance, I travel to Atlanta a lot.. When grading your hotel. Housekeeping (D), Food Service (B+), Valet (A), Front Desk (B+). Thanks .. my email is newhartmary59@yahoo.com

Room Tip: get a room on peachstreet side of the hotel....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mary N,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad you received good service from valet and front desk, and that you enjoyed the breakfast. I will be emailing you to receive your feedback about your stay - thank you for giving me the chance to respond. We strive to provide the highest quality accommodations, and are always looking for ways to improve. Thanks again, I'll be in touch soon.
Best regards,
Christine P

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!