“Great rooms but disappointing customer service and invasion of privacy.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown

You added Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #36 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Great rooms but disappointing customer service and invasion of privacy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had called before, during and after our stay about early check-in. I notified them that I would be arriving around 3-5AM and I was only told about the $30 charge which was fine but I was told there wouldn't be a problem. I even called on my way to make sure there was a vacancy. As I arrived at 3AM after driving 8 hours I was told that I had to wait an hour before I could have my room because of the "computer system". He did not even apologize for the inconvience, just simply said you have to wait. So we were exhausted and waited. Thankfully the room was beautiful and clean. The hotel itself is great but during our stay we put our NO HOUSEKEEPING magnet on our door and as we arrived back one day there was a gentlemen coming out of our room and said he was told to check because people check out and leave the magnets on the door. Well his info was wrong, we still had another night left. They apologized and offered us wine but that did nothing. To me that was a huge invasion of privacy and made me feel so uncomfortable considering all my personal and valuables were out. With that and our arrival issue I would never stay there again. Once again it was a beautiful hotel but the service was far from it.

• Stayed May 2013
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Abiehl36, the staff and I thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay, and for providing us your feedback on your check-in and housekeeping intrusion. We are glad you found the hotel to be beautiful, but are truly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations with our service. Please be assured we have covered the overnight check-in procedure with the staff so that our guests have the opportunity to check-in without waiting. Additionally, I apologize for our staff member checking your room when you had your No Housekeeping magnet on the door. Honoring our guests' requests for privacy is very important to us, and we are committed to being more careful in the future. Abiehl36, please give me a call at 404-522-0950 so we may discuss this matter further. Your business is very important to us and your feedback will be utilized in our efforts to continuously improve. Sincerely yours, Christine P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Prattville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice Hotel ...GREAT staff ! I had a rough ride to get to the Hotel , but it was worth it !
I was in Atlanta for legal reasons and the Front Desk went above and beyond in assisting Me.
Ask for Alex ( Front Desk) !
Room was well appointed with a open floor plan....Nice !

Room Tip: In Atlanta .....always seek a high room ...Rooms 1-3-6 are large corrner suites
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear John B,
Thanks for sending in a review of your stay - Alex will be excited to hear your encouraging words. Getting around in Atlanta isn't always easy - even for us who live here! We've used your feedback and are now sending an email with directions to our arriving guests two days in advance to help them navigate through the detours. Thanks for helping us improve. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Atlanta!
nashville, Tenn, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My stay was average.. Housekeeping made everybody else look bad... The food was good,(morning and evening)... Valet department was great.. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift.. The gentleman that works 1st shift is a wonderful person, I forgot his name. Housekeeping needs major improvement.. I will give you'll a second chance, I travel to Atlanta a lot.. When grading your hotel. Housekeeping (D), Food Service (B+), Valet (A), Front Desk (B+). Thanks .. my email is newhartmary59@yahoo.com

Room Tip: get a room on peachstreet side of the hotel....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mary N,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad you received good service from valet and front desk, and that you enjoyed the breakfast. I will be emailing you to receive your feedback about your stay - thank you for giving me the chance to respond. We strive to provide the highest quality accommodations, and are always looking for ways to improve. Thanks again, I'll be in touch soon.
Best regards,
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel did not disappoint. We were allowed to check in at 9am and had a room on a high floor like I requested. We stayed in a 1 bedroom queen suite and it was great. We didn't have much of a view (we were on the side facing the Equitible building) but that didn't bother us. The room was overall clean except the glasses in the cabinet were used and dirty from the last guest and the curtains had dust bunnies all in them. I took the glasses to the front desk to show them and they fixed it right away and said it should've never happened. I left a note to housekeeping about the curtains and they were cleaned right away. Other than that this hotel was fabulous. The hotel is in an awesome historic building in a great location downtown, walking distance to everything including restaurants, bars, and the World of Coke/Aquarium park area. The MARTA is literally right outside your door.

The breakfast at the hotel was good, but we missed it on the first morning. The second morning we went at peak hours and it was packed but the food was kept stocked and we had no problems finding a seat. There is a Dunkin Donuts right across the street in case you wake up past the hotels breakfast serving time (6-9:30am).

Word to the wise. Park your car yourself. There was a garage a block away that had a $6/day weekend special and the Equitible building across the road had parking for $12/day. Beats the hotels valet of $25/night.

Dear RockChickX51,
Thank you for sending us your review from your recent stay. We are happy to know you appreciated the early check-in, received the requested higher floor, and the breakfast to be busy yet stocked. We truly apologize for our oversight of the dirty glassware and dusty drapery. The staff member was right, it shouldn't have happened, and the team was mortified when we presented the glassware in our morning standup meeting. A real AHA! moment as they say. We are diligent about cleanliness, and need to know when we drop the ball. This instance fueled our fire not to let it happen again, so thanks for giving us the opportunity to correct. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Atlanta; we appreciate your business very much!
Warm regards,
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice hotel. Helpful staff. Breakfast OK but not terribly exciting, although the breakfast room staff were really working hard to keep everything clean and well stocked. The valet parking is a bit expensive, but generally fast and efficient. The rooms were clean but the bathtub was a pain - slippery and with the hand rail in a totally useless location. The room was always clean.

Room Tip: Fairly good selection of restaurants within easy walking distance north of the hotel.
Dear Nickelman,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us! I appreciate your feedback and am glad to know you found the breakfast workers to be attentive and the location convenient. Thank you, also, for the feedback on the tub, which we are taking a look at our options to improve. Please come back in the future!
Best regards,
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well-maintained but has the feel of a very old building. Our room was clean and we enjoyed the Paul Mitchell shower products. The continental breakfast had a few different options such as breakfast burritos and yogurt parfaits that were appreciated as a change of pace. Parking was $25 per night and in a well lit parking garage one block over. The only problem we encountered was the printer in the business area wasn't working to print our aquarium tickets, but overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear stampjen,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of your stay! That's good to hear you enjoyed a bit of variety on our breakfast buffet - a trait we take very seriously in today's competitive hotel market. Also good to learn you found the room clean and enjoyed the Paul Mitchell bath products. Please accept my apology for the printer malfuntion. It's important that guests be able to print their tickets! We'll keep a close eye on this moving forward. Please come back soon!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful, it is located in the middle of downtown Atlanta which puts you in a good spot to do things around town.There is alot of road work going on down town so this was somewhat of a hinderance this time around.
Apart from that the hotel has such a wonderful staff, from front desk to houskeeping to the ladies working the breakfast area. Not to mention the breakfast, it is by far one of the best you can have at any hotel. I really love this hotel, since i spend Memorial Day weekend right here annually.

Dear Jadatrish,
Thank you for the great review - the staff and I are very happy to hear you enjoy the service we provided! We take your review seriously and want our future guests to know that, if they provide us their email on their reservation, we will send them an email in advance of their arrival with directions to navigate the road construction in downtown that is occuring as a result of the street car line being built in the city! Thanking your for giving us your feedback and please come back soon, Jadatrish!
Christine P

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!