“THe Letterbox” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #47 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Morristown, New Jersey
“THe Letterbox”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

One of the oldest and historical hotels in Downtown Atlanta, The Letterbox. Throughout the hotel you see the old-time mail shoots that would send your mail to the lobby letterbox. Yes, there's character in this building. We were in a suite - very cozy! bedroom & bath in one room, living room & kitchen in the other. Plenty of dishes and things to cook with if you want. We had people staying all around us and never heard them, so the rooms are pretty soundproof on the 4th floor! There;s valey parking for $25/day or you can use one of the area parking garages and take a <1/16 mile walk to the hotel. Not sure of the prices, we chose the $25/day. There's free breakfast - Continental style, but with eggs, breakfast meats, french toast, pancakes and a waffle station. There's also room service, but we didn't partake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Regina D,
Thanks so much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown. I noticed you listed the hotel name as Letterbox, and that is actually the name of the gift shop in our building that takes its namesake inspiration from the cool mail shoot that runs down the length of the hotel tower and terminates in the hotel lobby letterbox! I'm delighted you found the suites cozy and quiet! We appreciate your business very much and ask that you come back and stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta!

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Recently stayed at the Residence Inn downtown Atlanta. Walking distance to the Aquarium, World of Coke, and many shops and restaurants.

The room was reasonably clean. I found the carpet needed steam cleaning. There was a slightly sticky area near the sofa, as if someone spilled a soda, and the cleaning staff didn't do a good job of vaccuming before our arrival.

The room was bigger than expected for a downtown location, but not a large room. My wife who travels a lot for work said she couldn't spend more than a week in a room this size.

One problem was our door didn't close tightly until you engaged the deadbolt. We were in room 702. We didn't feel iinsecure but if my wife were alone she would have chosen a different room.

Valet parking is $25/night. Expensive, but it is downtown in a big city.

The staff was outstanding. Friendly, knowledgable, courteous, and prompt.

Got a great recommendation from the front desk for dinner at a jazz club 2 blocks away called Juke Joint. Food was very good, live jazz band. Very busy, but the tables in the bar area are first come first served and we took one. Service was slow but friendly. We were there for the show anyway so a longer meal wasn't a problem.

We didn't need the kitchen, we chose this hotel for it's location and reviews from "Tripadvisor". It was a good hotel for the price. Especially given it's location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Allinc,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us this month. I'm glad the location was a good choice for you! Please accept my apology that you found the carpet in need of a steam clean. We took our opportunity to jump on this issue so as not to drop the ball again. We appreciate customers such as you who will help to to continuously improve, and we take pride in presenting you with an expertly cleaned room every stay. Please come back and stay with us again soon!
BOULDER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is on the other side of the Peachtree station (MARTA), the room was spacious, clean, very cozy and comfortable. The staff very friendly, polite and helpful. Stayed on the sixth floor , very quiet. They serve "light" dinner from M-TH and I loved because it was my favorite chicken fettuccine Alfredo, garlic toast, salad, cheese cubes, salsa and chips, etc and beer and wine.(they post the menu for each day on the door of your full fridge. The room also has a stove, washer, microwave and is fully equip. The bathroom had fluffy towels and the water pressure in the shower was excellent (great massage). In the morning I was surprised with the continental hot breakfast. Asked for a late check out, no problem. Had to change my plans, they storage my suitcase until I was ready to pick up. Coffee, hot chocolate and tea all day long on the 2nd floor. Oh yes, and there was a basket with popcorn,tea and other items in the room (I didn't use anything but it was nice touch). When I return to ATL I'll stay @ Residence for sure

Room Tip: I was very interested in visit the underground(5 very small blocks from the hotel) and downtown. I t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Keta13,
Thank you sincerely for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay and will come back the next time you are in Atlanta! We apprecciate your business very much.
Best regards,
Christine P.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean. I brought a sound machine but was not bothered by any street noise. I did request one of the higher floors. I loved having a full size fridge but didn't really need many groceries since there is a generous hot breakfast in the morning and the evening reception was a full meal. Very good value. Convenient location walking distance to the attractions.

Room Tip: Become a priority rewards member and choose a high floor for quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mary G,
Thanks so much for submitting a review of your stay with us! I'm so glad you didn't have to use the sound machine. A good night's rest is our business! Jason our evening social attendant was excited to learn you enjoyed his cooking. Please come back soon and stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!
Sincerey yours,
Christine P.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We requested a queen bed and a sofa bed.
Upholstery on sofa bid was filled with greasy stains.
Called desk and then sent a man up to wash fabric...while we were in the room.
Also...tables and chairs had to be moved to get the bed open.
But the biggest surprise was yet to come.
When we opened the bed at 11 pm, there was no bedding on it...just a greasy mattress.
I contacted the hotel manager and is answer was to give me an upgrade the next time I stayed there.
Why would I ever return to this dump?
Would not recommend this hotel.
We have stayed at better in Atlanta at the same price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear 2Leonard,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of your stay with us. I ask that you accept my apology for the bedding not meeting your expectations. Your business is very important, and I would appreciate the opportunity to revisit this matter with you. Please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
Christine Phillips
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nice hotel within walking distance to a lot of nice restaurants and entertainment venues. They serve breakfast and a light dinner which was nice. It was rainy and cold the week I was there so having food in the hotel was a big plus.
Upon returning to the room after my first day at work, there was a note from the housekeeper that asked did I have a nice day? with a smiley face. I thought that was a nice touch.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was nice, but the internet reception was not good in the portion of the ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Jvmac,
Thanks so much for taking time to write a review of your stay! I'm so glad you found the location and personal touches enhanced your stay. Please come back soon!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very impressed. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. Although there is no bar or restaurant for an evening meal or snack, they do sell beer and half bottles of wine, for a very reasonable price. I would stay here again, without hesitation.

Dear RChris0,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay! I'm glad you found the accommodations and breakfast to be an excellent value. There are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance, so let us point you in the right direction on your next visit! Thanks again,
Christine