First Hotel during a trip from Georgia to Texas.
Location: In my opinion, the location is unbeatable. Direct location on Peachtree St. Easy walking distance to major attractions, restaurants, bars. However, please mind that Atlanta Downtown has not so much shopping facilities as some other major cities. But in my opinion it is still great to walk through Downtown (as already mentioned, there are many restaurants and bars, like "Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint", which is a nice restaurant/bar with live-music on every evening). Even Midtown is in walking distance, and was great to explore (I highly recommend the small restaurant "Pasta da Pulcinella", located on Peachtree Walk).
Parking: Only valet parking is offered by this hotel, but there is no better hotel around, which offers self-parking. The guys from the valet parking are very nice and efficent. The valet parking is located on Forsyth St (so is the main-entry of the hotel), and it can be very easily accessed. However, the 25$ fee seems too high, as there are many parking garages around. As far as I remember, the waiting time for the car was less than 10 Minutes.
Check-In: Nice and fast. Waiting time for the luggage, which was brought to our room, was too long (around 10 Min).
Room-Type: We had a "Larger Studio with 2 Double and Sofa" which was nice and a little larger than regular rooms. Room was on a higher floor, so there was no noise from the street. There were also no further noises from the floor or other rooms. Free Wi-Fi worked very good. Furthermore, there was a kittchenette with a microwave and a fridge in the room.
Breakfast: The breakfast-room has a nice view and the choice of food was good.
Fitness-Center: My friend said, that the fitness center was fine. It has a nice view to the street.
Overall, a good hotel, over average.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown Hotel Atlanta
- Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown Hotel
- Residence Inn Atlanta
- Atlanta Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Downtown is nestled in the heart of thriving downtown Atlanta. Situated on world famous Peachtree Street, enjoy the convenience of being only 9 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and across the street from the MARTA transit system, with direct access to Hartsfield-Jackson. Located in the historic and beautifully converted Haverty's building, Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown exudes the charm and character of a bygone era with a contemporary flair. Well appointed and spacious, our suites offer full kitchens with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, flat screen televisions, and complimentary wi-fi throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.