My wife, my friend Chase, and I had plans to go to the SEC Championship Game, so I looked for a place to stay in Atlanta (preferably on points). The day before the game, this one became available, so I booked it as fast as I could.
As seems to be my M.O., we arrived a couple of hours before check in. Still, they had a room ready for us, and they were very friendly in the check in process. The location is great for being near all the downtown attractions/sights.
The room had everything we needed. We did have to ask for a blanket, sheets, and a pillow for the sofabed for Chase. I know it's picky, but if I indicate 3 guests on the reservation, maybe that could trigger something to let them know to put sheets. It is by all means above and beyond the call, but it's free and it might be worth a fifth star.
The parking fee was reasonable. We were erroneously double charged for one day of parking. The double charge was easily evident on the bill, and when I brought it to the front desk's attention, they quickly corrected it.
Breakfast was free, and I would have paid about $15 or $20 per person for what they had to offer. In fact, their Courtyard line charges about that amount for the same quality of food.
Bottom line: if you want to have fun downtown and get to your room quickly, and if you want to be comfortable, stay here. When Alabama comes back to play in the SECCG again, I'm sure I'll be back.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown Hotel
- Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown Hotel Atlanta
- Residence Inn Atlanta
- Atlanta Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Downtown is nestled in the heart of thriving downtown Atlanta. Situated on world famous Peachtree Street, enjoy the convenience of being only 9 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and across the street from the MARTA transit system, with direct access to Hartsfield-Jackson. Located in the historic and beautifully converted Haverty's building, Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown exudes the charm and character of a bygone era with a contemporary flair. Well appointed and spacious, our suites offer full kitchens with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, flat screen televisions, and complimentary wi-fi throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.