“Be At Home in the Heart of the City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown

You added Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #37 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Mississippi
“Be At Home in the Heart of the City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife, my friend Chase, and I had plans to go to the SEC Championship Game, so I looked for a place to stay in Atlanta (preferably on points). The day before the game, this one became available, so I booked it as fast as I could.

As seems to be my M.O., we arrived a couple of hours before check in. Still, they had a room ready for us, and they were very friendly in the check in process. The location is great for being near all the downtown attractions/sights.

The room had everything we needed. We did have to ask for a blanket, sheets, and a pillow for the sofabed for Chase. I know it's picky, but if I indicate 3 guests on the reservation, maybe that could trigger something to let them know to put sheets. It is by all means above and beyond the call, but it's free and it might be worth a fifth star.

The parking fee was reasonable. We were erroneously double charged for one day of parking. The double charge was easily evident on the bill, and when I brought it to the front desk's attention, they quickly corrected it.

Breakfast was free, and I would have paid about $15 or $20 per person for what they had to offer. In fact, their Courtyard line charges about that amount for the same quality of food.

Bottom line: if you want to have fun downtown and get to your room quickly, and if you want to be comfortable, stay here. When Alabama comes back to play in the SECCG again, I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our first trip to ATL. The included breakfast was substantial, and served daily by the friendliest staff. The room was spacious, and location absolutely perfect for both walking to the top sights (Aquarium, World of Coke, CNN) and driving out of ATL for others (the Fernbank, the Zoo). We were disappointed that the social suppers were not held the week we were there (due to Thanksgiving holiday?), but would definitely choose this hotel again on our next stay in Hotlanta. One suggestion: eat "out" before coming back to the hotel - the dinner choices in the neighborhood are limited.

• Stayed November 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is centrally located in downtown Atlanta. Just a short 10 minute walk to the convention center. Close to the Marta and restaurants. Room was well equipped with full fridge, everything you need to cook and a coffepot. Somewhat well used interior in this property. Ok tv stations, free wifi, and a fully equipped gym. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast served was good with some hot options. I stayed on the 4th floor and there was street noise. They were working on the building next door also during my stay and there was ALOT of noise overnight from that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in one of the smaller queen rooms on the 14th floor while attending a conference at the GWCC. Great view. The small queen room is adequate for 2 people for a short stay, I would choose a larger room for a longer stay. The room had a mini fridge and microwave. We heard very little street noise. About a 15 minute walk to the GWCC, also right across from a MARTA station. We arrived after midnight and the valet and front desk were very courteous with quick service. The room is simple but clean with no smell whatsoever which is one of my common complaints in hotels. Breakfast was above average with waffles, hot items, and enough tables that we never had to wait to be seated. I was also only charged for one full day of parking, although I did not depart until noon after my 2nd night's stay. I stayed at the Westin a few years ago and would choose the Residence Inn hands down if I return to downtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: 14th floor small queen room had great view of the city; very little street noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Coral Gables, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Cost of room makes up for not being at one of the more glamorous hotels in downtown Atlanta. Only complaint is absence of safe in the room. I like to dump some papers, keys, other currencies, et al.from my handbag. Safety deposit boxes at reception are less convenient.

• Stayed November 2012
Matthews, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for only one night to attend a tournament at the Georgia World Congress Center. The hotel was in a great location; it was only about a 15-20 minute walk to the GWCC - and to Building C, the furthest from the hotel. We lucked out and found a parking spot on the street, which was free for Saturday night and all of Sunday, right across from the hotel entrance. Valet parking is rather expensive, but there are several lots (including a garage which I think was $5/day) within a few blocks of the hotel.

The free breakfast was plentiful and tasty, with make-your-own waffles, cereal, breads, muffins, breakfast-style fried potatoes, and scrambled eggs which were much better than they looked.

The room was quite nice with a very comfortable bed. The two tvs (one in bedroom, other in living room area) are helpful if you can't agree on a program. I'm sure the kitchen area, with a small but full refrigerator, dishwasher, etc. would be really great if you were here for a longer stay. We also noticed a laundry room located conveniently near the elevator.

Again, we didn't stay long, but I'm really glad we stayed at this location!

Room Tip: We requested a high room near the elevator, and got exactly what we asked for! No street noise at al...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First of all, Atlanta as a whole has the nicest people in the country. people are willing to go out of there way to show you where to go (one guy even walked me to the Chick Fil A to make sure I didnt get lost).
As for the people at the Residence Inn - 5 star service. from towels, to pillows to helping clean up my daughters vomit in the car - the staff was amazing.
the chef went out of his way to make dinner for my daugther and even saved my kids some cupcakes before they ran out.
The room was clean, basic - king bed, sofa pull out bed, and small kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, and even a dishwasher.
Breakfast was great - pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice, etc. couldnt ask for more. sunday morning had great southern biscuits even.
would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!
its about a 7 minute walk to the Olympic Park and Aquarium.
there is a CVS 0.5 miles away.
great spot

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear deryckp,
Thanks for taking time to write a review of you stay! I'm glad you found the service to be five star! Please come back and stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta! Best regards!

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!