“Taxes for church group” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown

You added Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #39 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
East Texas, Pennsylvania
“Taxes for church group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I brought a group to Atlanta and stayed at this hotel. We enjoyed the stay EXCEPT I thought because we are a non profit group attending a convention, we were tax exempt. The past eight or nine years, we never had to pay all of the taxes but I was very disappointed that was not the case at the Residence Inn. We have been to Georgia before and did not have to pay some of the taxes. Is this something new or what do I have to do next time? I would like someone to really explain it to me because I am still grieving!!!!

Room Tip: We had all suites and they were super nice!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hampton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is in downtown Atlanta, on Peachtree Street, next to Margaret Mitchell Square. The Peachtree Center MARTA station's escalator comes up almost to its back door, and it's within easy walking distance of the large downtown Atlanta conference hotels. It sort of reminded me of a luxury version of a European gasthaus- small lobby downstairs, breakfast area on second floor, and quirky-shaped guestrooms (like!). Breakfast variety was pretty good and well- staffed; if you had a request (Tea! And not icky herbal tea!) they would try to accommodate you. Parking is valet only- I'm not entirely sure where their lot is! Rooms are very quiet and comfortable (when is the last time you were in a hotel room that had an ottoman?), and the hotel staff are very accommodating and helpful. Decent workout room (elliptical, stationary bike, treadmill, and free weights).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear KaraRogers,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us! It's great to hear that you love the location and found the hotel charming like some in Europe! Please come and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!
Raleigh, NC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during DragonCon, which is probably the busiest weekend of the year for downtown Atlanta hotels. The hotel is a little further away from the con hotels than I would have liked, but it's an easy walk. During the busiest parts of the con, it might still be faster to walk the few blocks and make some pasta in the kitchenette than to wait in line in the food court.

The hotel itself is pretty nice. The building is an odd shape, so all of the rooms on the floor have different layouts. The one we got was plenty spacious for two people (as long as both of us didn't want to be in front of the stove and sink area in the kitchen at the same time). The breakfast buffet was a good thing to have around on those hung-over con mornings, even if it did mean dragging myself out of bed in time to get there. The full-size (well, a small full-size) refrigerator was a great thing to have in the room.

Arrival and departure were pretty smooth compaired to the madhouse at the other con hotels. There isn't anywhere to load/unload cars other than on the street (right in front of the valet parking stand). Even so, we didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes to get our car and get it loaded. Parking is a little pricy at $25/day, but that's the same price as the other downtown hotels. If you are leaving sometime after you check out (if you want to, say, look around on the dealer's room on the last day of the con) make sure you confirm ahead of time with the front desk and find out how late you can keep your car with the valet parking... otherwise there is an additional $10 fee. There seemed to be some communication issues between the front desk and valet parking about this, but there was no problem when I told the valet what the front desk had told me.

And finally, the best thing about the hotel for a DragonCon attendee: we never waited more than a minute for an elevator.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jtaylor,
Thank you for staying with us during the exciting Dragoncon weekend! I agree the festivities are too awesome to spend a lot of time waiting in lines at the food court or waiting for an elevator! I'm glad you found the suite spacious, and the service friendly and efficient. Please come back and stay with us again next year - and don't forget, we are right on the parade route so you are sure to get a great view of the celebrities and Storm Troopers!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I first want to say that the staff in this Hotel is very good. Professional and prompt in every way. The rooms are deceiving in the pictures online. My wife, myself and our 6 year old son were very cramped in our room. The rooms were tiny and not laid out very well. To the Hotel's defense, it is an old building and they have done the best they can do with the space they have. Location is excellent and the valet's were prompt and friendly. Dunkin Donuts across the street, but who needs that when the breakfast that the Hotel provides rivals a waffle house. I would stay here again, but would prefer a larger room or a suite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Chadreece2001,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. It's great to hear you received professional and prompt service from the staff, found the location to be excellent, and the breakfast to rival Waffle House. I apologize that the room was tight for your family of three. Some floor plans have more square footage than others, so please let us provide you available options the next time you visit us. We appreciate your business very much and ask that you come back soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Chose to try this because it was located 1 block from my business meeting. I'm a native of Atlanta so I wasn't totally sure what to expect staying in this specific area of downtown (sits across from the Public Library, near university and the Rialto performing arts center; it also is a couple of blocks from the Ritz). The convenience was a no-brainer. The desk staffers were very pleasant and personable (this is a huge factor for me). My room seemed more "contemporary" than I expected. The profile photo is very accurate. There was a full-size refrigerator, stove and microwave. There also was a desk and a decent-sized sofa/living area. The hotel itself as well as the bathroom area felt outdated. The vanity sink drained very slowly and the bathroom was dimly lit. Also no ceiling vent in the bathroom. And valet parking is $25 per day...pretty steep in my opinion. But the same at other downtown Atlanta hotels.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear QSpot,
Thanks for writing a review of your stay with us this month. The staff and I are glad to know you found the location convenient, the photos of the guest room accurate and the staff to be personable! We appreciate your feedback about the bathrooms and want you to know we continously update, so we will use your input as we move forward. Thank you for taking the time to write and please come back and stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

During out nearly 3 weeks trip in the south east US, this was our best stay. The hotel cannot be more central in Atlanta, the rooms were nice and the staff very kind and helpful. Nothing really to complain about. The breakfast was over average and they even offered a complimentary "afternoon get-together" with drinks and snacks. We were even lucky to get the rooms to a very favorable rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear joergenede,
Thanks so much for taking time to submit your review regarding your recent stay with us! I'm delighted to learn we rated high on your list of stays during your three week travels in the U.S.! Please tell your friends about us and come back and stay with us the next time your world travels bring you to Atlanta!
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

First I booked this hotel through Priceline.com which as just as difficult to deal with over the issues that I encountered as this hotel. I booked 2 nights through Priceline and they had 2 separate reservations when we checked in. The hotel also informed us that there was a $100 non-refundable deposit for our pets which was not listed on pricelines web site. Then it's a $25 a DAY charge for parking. To beat it all off after all that the next morning I was gone and my wife was woken up several times telling her that we were supposed to be check out by now and when she informed them that we were booked for 2 nights they figured it out for the second time , then they wanted to charge us another $100 pet deposit and $25 parking fee again, after pleading with them we got the pet fee waived but still had to pay the parking fee again.

So all and all over $300 to stay at this hotel!!!!!, we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel with a bigger room and $5 parking for this price.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kevin N,
Thank you for submitting a review of your stay with us. Please accept my apology for not being informed of the pet fee and nightly parking fee when booking through Priceline. I understand this is important and will follow up to ensure these items are properly listed. Further, i apologize for the confusion regarding your two separate reservations for two consecutive nights. We can and will do better to anticipate our guest needs in the future. Thanks to customers like you who are willing to provide us feedback, we are able to continuously improve! Kevin N, we appreciate your business very much and ask that you please come back and stay with us again.

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!