“Not what you expect from Doubletree” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2780 Windy Ridge Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Relaxation Package!
Ranked #95 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not what you expect from Doubletree”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2005

I reserved two room for our family but when we checked in we were on two different floors. It was a rainy weekend so we spent a lot of time in our rooms. My room was on the top floor and it began to rain in the room. The front desk switched our room (this time to the same floor as the other family members), but the second room's bathroom had a strong urine smell. To say the lest.....our stay was not good.

The rooms really need to be update!

Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

I live in Georgia, so I know the area very very well. This hotel is what I chose for our honeymoon suite. I did not pay for the honeymoon/romantic alternatives other people have talked about. My husband and I paid 89.00 for a King Suite with jacuzzi, no extras like flowers or candy. It was wonderful. My husband and I both loved the jacuzzi and the bed was comfortable to sleep in (trust me, I have had bad experiences at other places with the mattresses, and this one was great). Some people here are talking about the area: As I said, I live in Atlanta. The city is mixed, some parts are nice, some parts are not. The Doubletree is located in somewhat a run down place, BUT if you go up the street like 2 to 3 blocks, it is fine! This is Atlanta, not Buckhead. Atlanta is mixed. I live in Vinings, which is about 5 minutes from here, and there are nothing but million dollar houses and nice apartments. The Doubletree happens to be on a block where there is not nice buildings, except the hotel itself.
I arrived at Doubletree in my wedding dress and my husband in his tuxedo. The staff was friendly, and we had a clean wonderful room. They brought a wonderful fruit and cheese basket to our room. We had a champagne bottle as well. Because it was our honeymoon, we researched all the other hotels around the Galleria. For 89.00, it was exceptional! We had looked at the Renaissance Waverly as well. Why pay over $200 for a hotel with no jacuzzi (and a small tub)? For 89.00 we also got the breakfast buffet, which for a hotel, I thought was excellent. Ironically, a wedding reception was happening when we arrives. So besides me, there was another bride there. They were playing music, which I thought was going to disturb us. But, in our hotel room, I never heard a thing.
I would defintly recommend this hotel. If you are the type of person who can not stand being in a mixed area, then don't come here, and you will have a hard time finding a hotel in the suburbs of Atlanta if you feel that way. The only place I can recommend is staying downtown Atlanta (which is mixture of run down and nice) or stay at a hotel directly next to the Galleria where the area is not really run down.
I never looked at the gym or other areas of the hotel. All I can say, is the hotel was clean and great for the price.

• Stayed May 2003
Va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

As others have said, it is not in a great location and it is kind of run down. My experience:
1 No Cookies upon arrival.
2 Ice machine broken on my floor, no big deal because the vending machine didn't work either.
3 Toilet was not bolted down
4 Faucet in bathroom not bolted down
5 Jets on bath tub were broken

The rooms are large and all suites, but that is about it for positives. I will be back in Atlanta and will not be staying at the DTree Galleria.

Stayed May 2005
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2005

I have stayed at this particular hotel numerous times...but this was the absolute best time I had!!! I was there in January when Atlanta was hit with the "winter storm" when eveyone was leaving the staff at the hotel gave me the option of checking out early without paying any fees or I could stay and tough it out until sunday. All of the stores were closed so I couldn't get out to get anything.Well...needless to say I stayed and was in for a total shock. The staff called to check up on me, sent roomservice to my room when I didn't even order it and didn't charge me. It was their way of making sure guests were well taken care of during this storm.
I had a great time and would most definately recommend this hotel.

Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

I have stayed here twice, about 2 years apart. On both occasions I greatly enjoyed the whirlpool tub, which was what I had searched for on the internet. It was just what I was looking for. The room was spacious and smelled clean. The staff was friendly and accomodating of everything I asked for, such as extra cookies and coffee. The AC was nice and cold.
A couple of things could be improved. The couch, a fold out, had a couple of big holes on the seating cushions from the mechanism. Very tacky. The little refrigerator badly needed to be defrosted. And, the ice machine on at least 2 floors wasn't working. Otherwise, I was satisfied. There were no kids hanging around the parking lot making noise, and the corridors were cool enough. I would wish the excercise room had another treadmill, but oh well, one waits. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!