“50/50 Feelings.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #100 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte
“50/50 Feelings.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

During my stay here I noticed only a few things but none the less it made me put this particular hotel on the back burner and would be one of my last choices. I travel quite a bit and and was shocked that I was charged for a LOCAL call from my room and was also surprised when breakfast was $15 a person!! I have no problem with the price, but as much as I travel I dont even think to ask this question upon check-in....I honestly thought it was complimentary. After you pay over $120 per night you would think something was complimentary other a few cookies they give you at check in. The room decor was great with the exception of the drinking classes on the sink that reaked of Jack Daniel's, which makes me raise an eyebrow and wonder..what else did they just "wipe" off??

• Liked — The large rooms and comfortable bed
  • Disliked — They Charged for everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

I have stayed at the Doubletree at Galleria twice now, each for five nights. The location is great. The rooms are very clean. I typically don't sleep well in hotels, but this hotel has a great bed. The sheets, mattress, and pillow are wonderful and I slept like a baby each night. I was on the third floor both times I stayed here and didn't hear any noise from the lobby. The cookie you receive upon check-in is a nice touch. I didn't eat anything at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food. The staff was very friendly and overall it was a great stay while on business.

Stayed November 2008
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

The suite was clean and pleasant except for the couch being a tad on the uncomfortable and hard side. I heard loud laughter and talking well into the night. Someone started playing a grand piano in the lobby area at 10:30 that could be heard in our top floor room. The *very* loud laughter continued until well after midnight. The way the hotel is set up, you can hear pretty much everything that goes on in the central atrium area while in your room. Otherwise the stay was fine, tasty cookies too!

• Liked — Warm cookies!
  • Disliked — The noise, air conditioning wasn't brilliant
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
brooklyn newyork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

The double tree hotel rooms are simply magnificent. I really enjoyed the jacuzzi and the room was spacious and very very clean. The staff was very helpful. And the dinner menu over exceeded my expectiations by far. I wanted to bring the chef home to be my personal cook. Those complimentary cookies were also great. The only thing is that the hotel donot really cater to the children as much as I thought.

Stayed July 2008
Nashville, TN.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

This is the second time I've stayed at this DoubleTree hotel. This time is was a much better experience than the last time (gave me wrong room and the room they gave me had fleas).

Check in was a breeze. We booked the 1 king bed suite non balcony view. The staff was very friendly from check in to check out. We forgot most of our toiletries and they were more than happy to bring them up to our room. They even brought us some extra cookies with them as well! The pull out sofa bed was actually not too bad. My son slept on it and the next morning he said he had a really good night's sleep. I do agree with another reviewer that the amount of television channels available does need to be increased. The sweet dream bed is very comfortable.

I do wish that they jacuzzi bath tub was separate from the shower, but that is a small gripe. Also the atrium area was very warm for some reason. Other than that I have no complaints!

This is a good place to book a stay in Atlanta area if you don't mind being in the suburbs of Atlanta. You are fairly close to Six Flags (the reason for coming to Atlanta).

I would recommend this hotel to anyone after this stay. If is very affordable and you get a lot for your money.

• Liked — 2 room suite. Private bedroom. Jacuzzi tub. Very comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Warm atrium.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Southern U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

I had a great experience at Doubletree Guest Suites Atlanta-Galleria. Everyone was very hospitable. Check-in was quick and the warm Doubletree chocolate chip cookies given to us at check-in were great. We were tired after a long drive and decided to try room service instead of going out. We ended up being very, very impressed. The food was delicious! The room was nice, quiet and clean and the bed was very comfortable. We were able to get a good night's sleep each night. We spent the majority of our time downtown which was a short drive from the hotel (about 10 miles or less), so the hotel's location was very convenient for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I only hate that I didn't have time to try out the jacuzzi.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Little Falls, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

It's unusual for me to feel as comfortable while away as I do at home, but this place pulled it off. Rooms are large, comfortable and very nicely appointed (careful, a few rooms aren't suites and a number of rooms face the atrium instead of outside the hotel). Bathroom is nicely sized and sower is good. Mattress is very comfortable. Fitness center is very small but you can get a decent workout. Staff was top notch. Location is convenient.

The jacuzzi tubs can be a plus for some but were a drawback for me -- every night I heard the plumbing while my neighbor filled his tub (during a drought no less!). Closing your bathroom door will silence the plumbing. Other than that small detraction, this place really worked for me.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!