“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2780 Windy Ridge Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Relaxation Package!
Ranked #89 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way down to Orlando. It was very convenient for us as it was just off the expressway. Plus there is shopping and tons of restaurants nearby. The hotel itself was very nice and we received a great room. It was a suite which was comprised of a private bedroom and a separate living area. It worked out really well for my family as my wife and I could relax and watch some tv after we put our kids to bed and not have to worry about the tv or our conversation keeping them up. The room and hotel were clean and well maintained. Plus we got fresh cookies upon check-in.

The only criticisms I can think of are that the cable wasn't working properly and we didn't get some of the channels we should have. We even called maintenance but there was nothing he could do. A free breakfast would have been nice but it isn't a big deal because there is a donut shop right around the corner. Lastly, the pool was a little small. It served its purpose but my kids kind of got bored with it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

In March, my family booked a suite at the Doubletree for a long weekend in June. We walked into the hotel and were overwhelmed with the amount of people and loudness and immediately wished we could go somewhere else. The staff told us numerous amounts of times that they were sold out and could not accommodate any of our requests for anything. We went up to our room and were shocked by the dirtiness. There was a huge grease spot on the sofa and the smell of smoke was almost unbearable. That night when we pulled out the linens for the sleeper sofa, we noticed that the blanket supplied was FULL of black hairs. My husband went to the front desk and asked for a new blanket and we were once again told that they were sold out so they gave us 2 sheets in place of a blanket. Thankfully our kids brought blankets so they didn't get cold. After that ordeal, I pulled the sheets back to get into bed and was greeted by ANOTHER long black hair. They were all over the sheets and floor, there were stains on the floor, and pink scum in the bathtub. The pool was tiny and didn't open until 10am. The lady in the bar was very unhelpful despite the nice tip I gave, and the staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful. When we checked out, I went to the front desk to make sure I didn't need to do anything and the lady at the counter didn't even look up at me and just said I didn't need to do anything. All in all, this was a horrible experience that I hope no one else has to come across. I am SHOCKED that Hilton would have their name on this hotel. Stay away from this place unless you enjoy dirty living!

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for your displeasure on your recent stay. I am as shocked as you to learn of the issues you stated you and your family encountered. I assure you it is not the norm for the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria.
The loudness is something we try very hard to keep to a minimum especially after 5:00PM and your concerns have been discussed with our management team. The staff should not have given any excuses and should have done everything possible to meet your request.
I have discussed the room issues you spoke of with our executive housekeeper/rooms division manager and general manager. I do not know what room you were in so I really cannot address the smoke smell until I know. You said there was a huge grease spot on the sofa, hairs in the room, bed, blankets, sheets and pink scum in the bathtub, again I would like to know what room so I may address that with housekeeping as well. I assure you this is very unusual and I have discussed this with our executive team as well. You said the pool was tiny, there is nothing I can do to change that so I am sorry you were disappointed. I have discussed your issue with the "lady in the bar" with our food & beverage manager. Our staff is usually very friendly and helpful. As a memebr of the hotels executive team I have discussed this with everyone as well.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to correct the issues you have brought to our attention as well as the opportunity to discuss these with you in person or over the telephone. Please give me a call at the hotel and allow me the opportunity to do what I can to make amends. Again, I assure you this is not the norm for our hotel.

Kind regards,
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We recently stayed here with our two children and it was great. The hotel staff was wonderful and the beds were beyond comfortable. The pool was perfect for both swimming and lounging around. Will most definitly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Good day, Robyn

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay, the pool and the comfy beds. I hope your kids enjoyed it as much as you did. Our 600 sq. ft. two room suites are perfect for families as well as corporate guests. We strive to make certain our guests are satisfied and happy with their stay and knowing you will return is very important to us. I do hope you were able to enjoy our signature DoubleTree Wake Up Breakfast with our daily fresh baked pastries, muffins and flaky buttery croissants.

All of us at the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria look forward to your retun visit when your travels bring you to the Atlanta Galleria area. By all means feel free to recommend us to your friend, family and work associates. Have a great day and summer and if I may ever be of assistance please contact me.

Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very roomy suites with nicely decorated sitting area, king bed with top quality linens, and a shower head that I wanted to take home with me! Fresh-baked cookies upon check-in are a definite plus.

At first they placed us in a handicap-accessible room, which was small and unattractive. We immediately contacted the front desk and they relocated us into the room next door, which was 70-80% larger and nicely decorated.

Great location just off I-75 north of Atlanta. Excellent restaurants, shopping, entertainment within minutes. Ample secure free parking, and a friendly staff add to the atmosphere.

All rooms open to the Atrium, so expect lobby noise especially if they are hosting an event. We were unlucky enough to be there while a high school reunion was taking place. I just closed the pass-through doors to the bathroom and sitting area, turned the A/C fan to the 'ON' position and we slept like babies.

This hotel is great for business, families or couples.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get stuck with an 'accessible' room as they are much smaller.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Good day valued guest,

Thank you for such a nice review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are very proud of our friendly staff and the amenities our hotel has to offer all our guests. From our comfortable beds, quality lines, that wonderful shower head, full service restaurant and lounge to our signature DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookies we do everything possible to make our travelers I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, the restaurants, shopping and free parking. We look forward to your return when your travels bring you to the Atlanta Galleria area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance in the future.

Our Promise:
We provide the special comforts and acts of kindness that make the traveler feel human again

Again, thank you for your review and safe travels.

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My girl wanted to spend the weekend with me here in Atlanta and asked me to suggest a hotel. I took a chance on the Doubletree even though another friend of my claimed to have had a bad experience. On a holiday weekend sometimes hotels are short staffed and grounds and common areas are not kept up—not so with the Doubletree. The grounds were very clean and well kept common areas. The two room suite was amazing for the rate. It was also clean a well kept. The only complaint that I have is the jets on the Jacuzzi tub did not work and the bathroom fixtures need some attention.
The staff was very nice and accommodating. The buffet breakfast was really good. They needed addition help in that area. They had one person doing too many jobs leaving the customers waiting for beverage refills and such. There was some type of party taking place and the music was very loud but it was a Saturday night and they did cut it off at a reasonable hour so we did not complain. Overall our stay was great and I would stay there again. I think I will have them to host my next birthday party. The cookies were awesome!

Room Tip: If you get a suite you may not want a balcony because of the noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

I sincerely thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria. I am so pleased you and your girl were happy with your stay. Our housekeeping and engineering departments take great pride in keeping our hotel clean and neat from inside to outside. We do take great pleasure in having a nice and accommodating staff to welcome and care for our guests.

I do apologize the jets in the jacuzzi tub did not work and have passed this along to our engineering department so they may rectify the situation. I have also passed on your comment about the service in the restaurant to our Food & Beverage manager and do apologize you and your girl had to wait for beverage refills. Yes, our signature DoubleTree cookies are awesome!

We would be most happy to be your hotel of choice to host your next birthday party. Our food & beverage staff and catering/banquet staff will make your party memorable and enjoyable.

We value you as a guest and truly appreciate your comments. Please contact me should you need assistance in the future.

Our Promise:

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Well a bit older style hotel, but upgrades in room were nice and comfortable inner rooms were quiet. The airconditioning once turned off continued to be heard the entire night which is not so good for a good rest. The bathroom were dated, but reasonably clean for the accomadations. Not much within walking distance for outside eating, but very close to highway for additional access in the general area. For a few nights, good place to stay.

Room Tip: Inside Rooms best
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear, Phoenix Arizona

I appreciate your time in reviewing the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria on your recent stay. It is important that we know any issues you may have had so we are able to correct them as quickly as possible. I have given your issue with the air conditioning to our chief engineer and he will take care of it and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Our restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and we offer room service as well as a full service lounge. In addition, we do have several restaurants within walking distance with a great many more within a 1/4 mile of the hotel so I am happy you were able to find restaurants easily.

I do hope when your travels bring you back to the Atlanta Galleria area you will once again stay with us. We look forward to your return and wish you safe travels.

florida, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had a wonderful time here. The hotel was classy, welcoming, and well kept up. The service was always nice and did there jobs. Everything was always either clean or being cleaned. My only complaint though was that there is not free WI fi in the rooms. Other than that everything was perfect and I'll defiantly be returning,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DTSUITESATLANTA, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Im glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great Housekeeping Staff, they take a lot of pride in their work. Come and see us again soon!

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!