“Nice ambiance and great value” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast and WiFi!
Ranked #50 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, SC
“Nice ambiance and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Hilton Suites ATL Perimeter is tucked away in the Dunwoody area of Atlanta. It really has a great feel to it and has recently undergone a renovation. I traveled to ATL with some friends to celebrate the completion of another semester of grad school for the weekend. Turns out that the front desk was completely acknowledging of my Hilton Diamond status and upgraded the rooms to whirlpool suites. What a great room! I immediately put on my Hilton robe and hung out on my balcony. All I needed was a pipe and I would have been Hugh Hefner's twin! I even thought about going down to the bar in my robe, lol. Seriously though, this hotel was well worth the price and the breakfast was on point. I didn't get a chance to get into the weight room in the morning, as I had too good of a time that night and had to sleep it off. Delores at the front desk was very cordial when checking out and noticed that the rooms were billed for internet connectivity and she took care of things due to my status. It's great staying at a place that recognizes status and does everything to take care of their preferred members. So Delores gets a shout-out!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
GMBob, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
Many thanks for your kind feedback, we are delighted that you had a great experience and that you are one of our loyal Hilton customers. If there is anything I or my staff can do for you during your next visit to Atlanta and our hotel please do not hesitate to call. Bob Belmonte-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Catlady04
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for Valentines Day and they did not have our room ready until almost 6:00...what happened to 3:00 check in? Anywho, the room was nice, decent bed..My favorite part was our hot tub..Wasn't huge but since we're average size, it was perfect. They brought a complimentary fruit tray and wine for being late with check-in. We went to complimentary breakfast the next morning (it was ok but it was a buffet so we enjoyed it)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
GMBob, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your Valentine's weekend stay, and thank you for your business! Please accept our apology for the late check-in as sometimes cannot control when a prior guests departs. I am glad you enjoyed the ammenity and I would like to hear from you how we can improve on our breakfast buffet and any other suggestion you might have. Please feel free to call and ask for the GM directly. Kindest Regards. Bob Belmonte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

This was a very good hotel, and I would definately stay here again. The suites, especially the bathroom, were very clean, well-appointed, and spacious. The wetbar was great for keeping some food in the room. The pool was quite large, and they even had noodles and tubes to use. The only bad thing that happened was that they couldn't honor our room preference for two doubles, so we ended up with a king bed and a pull-out couch. The bed was very comfortable, but the couch was very hard. I would not stay here again unless the hotel could guarantee the room type. Other that that, it was great!

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
princeton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Cons:
This was a family trip. So, we thought the Family Suite would be a good solution -- private bedroom for wife and me, living room with Murphy bed and pull out couch for our two boys. Problem is that the bedroom is not private. The glass French Doors facing the living room have sheer curtains. My wife couldn't even dress in the bedroom. I was told all Family Suites were the same way.

The internet service was totally unreliable. The desk refunded the $9.95 a day after my son spent inordinate time with troubleshooters on the phone. They offered to replace modem but never did.

The pull out bed was missing springs, so the mattress bent to the floor. The management kindly reduced the bill and fixed the bed the next day. First night, we propped the mattress up with sofa pillows.

The restaurant was woefully understaffed on Friday night. First, we were told it was just a shortage of wait-staff. But, after waiting an hour for our meal, we were then told they only had one cook in the kitchen. Next time, they should just send people away.

One of the only two elevators was out of order part of the weekend.

PROS:
Beds are comfy. Rooms are clean and spacious. Exercise room and indoor pool are clean and well-kept. TVs are modern and large. The staff is friendly and aims to please.

BOTTOM LINE:
Too many things went wrong. There are other options.

• Liked — Clean, comfy beds, staff that aims to please
  • Disliked — Poorly designed family suite; problematic internet service; understaffed restaurant at dinner
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GMBob, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. After receiving additional feedback on the internet service we were able to gain funding to replace our WiFi and wired system in January to a much more reliable network. While our suites offer families an option to renting that second room at an additional cost, we will consider a different sheer for added privacy, and adjusting the sofa bed settings as well. Please accept my apologies for the challenges in the restaurant and elevator that weekend, which has been addressed. If you are in the Atlanta area again I would like to extend an invitation and special consideration for the challenges encountered, please feel free to contact me, the general manager, at your convenience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times, going back to its days as a Mariott, then a Doubletree and now upgraded and remodeled as a Hilton Suites. The weekday rack rates are too pricey for me but the rates on a slow weekend are cheap and you can snag a room midweek on Priceline for about $ 60 which is a great bargain. It fits the new class of 3.5 Stars perfectly.

They do not recognize Hilton Honors members who book through Priceline though so don't expect anything special if you have done this.

Each room is a true suite, with an oversize bathroom including a separate shower and bathtub. The building is solidly built so its quiet and comfortable. HVAC works well and you can hear the TV with it running. Bedding is very comfortable. Water pressure is good and water is hot when you need it. The living room TV is a new plasma thing but thank goodness the BR TV is a traditional tube so you can actually watch TV as it was meant to be seen. There are not an abundance of channels, however, but HBO is free and pay movies are available.

Web access is $ 10 but with the low rates mentioned above its not a factor for me. Parking is free of course and convenient. The hotel runs a shuttle to area attractions including Perimeter Mall.

This is the best hotel in the area, which includes a nice Embassy Suites, a Staybridge Suites, a W and the other chains.

Minor complaints include an overpriced business center with expensive web access and no free lobby coffee which many hotels now have available all day, a touch i like as a cofffee drinker.

For the road warrior who wants the basics done well with no surprises, this is a great option.

• Liked — Quiet, clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Business center was not complimentary.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I recently stayed at the Hilton Suites Perimeter for three nights on business.

The hotel and rooms are very well maintained. The grounds and lobby area are all very well laid out and clean. Check in was very easy and quick although this hotel does not recognize HHonors status for upgrades or amenities for some reason.

The rooms are very nice with lots of space. There is a separate living area and bedroom. The living area has a sofa, chair, desk and coffee area. There is a plasma TV in the living room and conventional tv in the bedroom. There is a balcony off the living room where you can get some air which is nice. The work area is very functional and the wifi works well, although slow at times.

The beds are wonderful, very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom has a separate stand up shower and bathtub. The room also came with a robe which is always appreciated. The only real downside to the hotel is the A/C doesn't cool that well so if you like a cold room to sleep in, which I do, this isnt going to work for you.

Overall it was a very nice, not as nice as some of the other hotels I have stayed at in Atlanta but if they were not available I would consider staying here again, but would definitely choose one of my favorites first.

• Liked — Very nice spacious rooms
  • Disliked — The AC does not work as well as it should
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

This is the only hotel I stay at when I travel to Atlanta. Huge rooms; comfortable living area. Soft pillows and comfortable bed. You can walk to a grocery store, Einstein's bagels, and there are a couple of smaller and good take out places nearby. Perimeter Mall is about a 20 minute walk, but the hotel shuttle (which can be unreliable) can take you there. Outside of the shuttle issue, it's a terrific place to stay,

• Liked — Room sizes, location
  • Disliked — Sometimes the suttle is a little unreliable, but that's it
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites? Share your experiences!