“Nice modern property - but eerily strange” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Trolley Tour Package
Ranked #101 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice modern property - but eerily strange”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The lobby is modern with the bistro - and they stock the WSJ and USA Today. The rooms modern and nice. Why the average rating.

Parking is a pain - and you can't get by the keyed access without a room key - so you can't just go ahead and park. The gym is big and good for a hotel - but it's in the basement - and it's creepy.

One advantage of the cheaper Fairfield is that they have out hot drinks all night - the Courtyards don't.

This one is at the mall. There is a Courtyard 1.5 miles away on Paces Ferry - this is nicer but that one is located across from the QT gas station, the greatest convenience store ever with fresh fruit/snacks, etc.

Not a bad place .... just....not great. It's an odd feeling here. But nice.

PS - as usual, the bistro food (breakfast) is horrible...common for Courtyard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Don G, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that our parking did not meet your needs. We do have complimentary, controlled access, covered parking with can be entered and exited through an elevator in our lobby. This can be quite convenient on days of "less than fair" weather.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

$192 (including county and occupancy taxes) = not worth it. Glacial check in. Low budget remodel bathrooms. A shower head that comes up to my chin (I'm only 6'2") makes taking a shower interesting. Good points: free internet and newspapers. Did not try the restaurant as we were only there for one night. If you are looking for a great place to eat and have a car, head over to Houston's Restaurant at 3539 Northside Pkwy ... about 4 miles away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Don G, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your response. I apologize that we did not provide you the value you were seeking. We will use your comments to improve our service in the future.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while my daughter and I visited Life University. Nice hotel. Beds were comfy, it was located close to many restaurants and shopping, close to the school, and a few minutes to the highways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. We have many visitors to Life University stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked 3 rooms for our daughter and her upcoming college roommates to have a place to meet each other and get to know each other before heading to college next month. The hotel is conveniently located across the mall. We also stayed at the hotel and could be close enough in case there were any issues. They spent some time shopping, then a movie and we felt comfortable the whole time that they were safe. The rooms were nice and spacious. There is no Gold or Elite extras so if you are looking for that, this is not where you are going to get it. It is convenient to a lot of stuff, the parking is free and there is plenty of room for roaming around. There were areas that could have used a little more attention to detail on the cleaning side. We've stayed here before and I'm sure if needed, we will again.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor. Nothing special or not special about it. We wanted all the rooms to be tog...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Don G, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for providing your comments about the hotel. We often hear positive things about being right across the street from Cumberland Mall and being close to many fine restaurants. We are a short drive from downtown Atlanta as well. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I usually don't write bad review but my experience with this hotel has triggered this review.
I booked a room to stay for a night to visit the Georgia Aquarium next day. After travelled for more than 6 hours from Florida, we arrived at the Hotel and was told by the front desk after 30 minutes waiting at the lobby that the Hotel is sold out and the room i booked (2 queen beds) with reservation on file was no longer available, and our only option is the last room with a King bed. Exhausted, we had to take that room and my mom who has back pain had to sleep on the tiny pull out sofa. The room smelled like someone has been smoking in there for a long period. My kids (7 and 2) kept coughing as we are all none smokers. I got a bad headache the next day from it. The lady at the front desk didn’t even want to look at us while we asked questions. I stayed at Marriott many times before but have never been experience anything like this before.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry that we failed to have the correct room type reserved for you. I can understand how frustrating that can be when traveling with several people. Though I can't correct what happened to you, please know that we work very hard to prevent this type of issue from occuring. I hope will accept my sincere apologies.
Searcy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

on arrival, the lobby and hotel had a foul odor. The comforter was stained and had to call for another one. The bathroom is small and has the knobs like home. The beds were comfortable. They did give a free breakfast for the trouble. The price was higher than it is valued at.

Room Tip: The elevator doors open before you get to the next floor, dont step out until it is at full stop.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Don G, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. I hope this will not deter you from choosing Courtyard by Marriott in the future. It is reassuring to see that my staff did make an effort to make things right for you during your stay. However your stay should have been free of issues completely.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here on business for only one night and really liked the hotel. The internet was a little slow but that is really the only con about it. It was apparent that renovations have recently been done and was very nice.
The staff was great! I had to stay at a Hyatt the second night of my stay and Walter drove me over there in the Marriott van so I wouldn't have to get a cab! All of the staff were helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center? Share your experiences!