“First Night stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area
Ranked #104 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Blackpool
“First Night stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

Stayed on first night of a fly drive holiday which started from atlanta. Wanted some where reasonably accessible but found locating this one not easy even with satellite navigation but very good hotel when we did find just have confidence to continue along Hammond Drive worth the effort though you will need a car if going out to eat.

• Liked — Qulaity of rooms
  • Disliked — Difficult to find
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Davie, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I am a VERY picky person. Smells and cleanliness are top on my list of criteria for a good hotel. This place was VERY clean, and the staff was always nice and friendly. The price was very reasonable and the location was great. It's in a very good area of town, suitable for families with children. There are plenty of good restaurants to eat at as well as grocery and pharmacy stores very near by. There is a really nice mall about 2 miles away and all of the major highways and interstates are easily accesible. Awesome place to stay, period!

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

I didn't make a reservation for this hotel and so this was a walk-in situation but I did check the rate online before I arrived. I was quoted $89 per night for the room for 2 nights. Front desk was indifferent the whole time and not very welcoming or attentive. My room was big but I was given a room with no view because the front awning of the portico completely blocked the view.

On the second day, when I returned to the room after being out, I found that my key didn't work and it turned out that the 1st front desk woman only booked me for one night. The 2nd front desk person extended my key out, but failed to tell me the rate for the 2nd day had gone up by 32% to $130. I found this out the next morning when a receipt was put under the door. The 3rd front desk woman was not going to honour their original rate of $89 and only after being insistent did she check the check-in record and saw that I had not been advised of any changes. They "compromised" and brought the rate down to $100. Not my original request but I didn't feel like arguing further because there was "nothing else that could be done."

The hotel is otherwise ok, but BE SURE of your rate and reservation before you commit. Also, I was advised this hotel no longer takes AAA/
CAA so you might want to consider that as well.

• Liked — location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — price, customer service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Recently stayed at the Perimeter Center Holiday Inn Express Atlanta between 6-18-08 and 6-21-08 for spouse's business, but I did a bit of sightseeing as well. The hotel is easily accessible off of Route 400N (about 30 min from the airport). It is w/in 20 min drive of many Atlanta attractions, or else the MARTA train system is about 1 mile away (I had a very easy time navigating MARTA and the bus system to go to the Botanical Garden which was great). Free parking, good continental breakfast, and a free shuttle that takes you w/in a 3 mile radius, including the MARTA. Perimeter Mall with dozens of name-brand stores is 1 mile away. Staff are courteous and helpful. Rooms have wonderfully comfortable beds and are very clean. Many restaurants of all types to choose from in a 1 mile radius, including major chains and funky places like the World Peace Cafe, which was most delicious and highly recommended!

We really enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay here again!

• Liked — location, value for money, wonderfully comfortable beds
  • Disliked — nothing, everything was great
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Ratingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I booked this hotel for our first 2 nights after arrival from a trans-atlantic flight into ATL. The HIE is a good 30 min drive to the north away from the airport, but in a very good neighborhood. Close to shopping areas and our favorite Panera Bread. Also close to many ATL attractions. The hotel is great, nothing to complain at all. This is how a HIE should be.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Streetsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

I am in the process of relocating to ATL and recently, have traveled to the area several times so I've stayed in a few different hotels - This hotel was wonderful!

While I would not consider myself arrogant, I am admittedly, VERY particular (AKA Anal Retentive :-) concerning my comfort during hotel stays. Accordingly, as a general rule, I will not stay in less than 3 stars - not every trip requires plush accomodations, valet parking and room service - BUT every trip MUST have clean, "new" and fresh accomodations. I look for dust - I look for stains on comforters, carpet, window sheers/drapery, sheets, towels and smells. I examine the bathroom, looking for hair in the sink and tub and on the towels; I check the mirror for water stains and I even check the toilet, under the seat, to make certain it has been thoroughly cleaned. Although I want to be fiscally prudent in my decisions for temporary hotel accomodations (I'm not moving in), if I "feel" uncomfortable, even if the trip/hotel was pre-paid due to online purchase, I will leave and loose the money!

With the above strict personal guidelines established, this hotel was wonderful! I'm usually not a fan of this hotel chain, but the online price was right in the package - and, I was prepared to leave if it did not meet my expectations. I am so glad I chose this hotel! It exceeded my expectations! It was clean, fresh, new-looking - the staff was very pleasant. I was in a standard, king room that had a sofa, coffee table and of course, desk/chair. As advertised, there is a small microwave and a refrigerator under the sink in the micro-kitchenette area.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and met all of my criteria above-mentioned. Stain-free!

The continental breakfast served in the moring was adequate and there were a few hot items to select as well.

I have NO complaints concerning my stay at this hotel. Only one caution, IF you are traveling with a lot of clothing that needs hanging, the "closet" is an armoire - therefore, there is limited space, vertically/horizontally, to hang clothes; however, there are 3-drawers under the television. I WILL RETURN again, without question!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

I was really really surprised. This hotel was great, newly renovated, upscale bedding, very comfortable, clean and quiet. Hotel staff was friendly, breakfast was good, location good. Would highly recommend this hotel. I had read various reviews of other hotels in the Perimeter Mall area and found this one to have the best recent reviews. Best thing????only cost me $81 for a Double Queen. Paid in advance. Only Hotel in the area with double queens, all others have double fulls.

• Liked — Clean comfortable rooms, upscale bedding
  • Disliked — tight parking
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area? Share your experiences!