“Not that far off the beaten path...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   765 Hammond Dr, Atlanta, GA 30328   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #108 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Waconia, MN
“Not that far off the beaten path...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Holiday Inns are my "Safe" stay - consistently a moderate price and a clean room. This particular one is better than most though - the staff is so kind a welcoming, and check-in was quick (this is a big deal with me - I hate standing at the counter after hours of airplanes and driving). The room had plenty of work space. The only negative was that usually there's a free breakfast at Holiday Inns, but this one offered only a discount.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

After reading the reviews here, we decided to give this hotel a try this weekend. So glad we did. Very convenient location, north of town, by the freeways, with free shuttle service to the Marta station nearby. Bed is very comfortable, with smooth soft sheets. Large nice room. A very friendly front desk. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get room on higher floor and facing away from the highway or parking lot.
Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ft. Benning GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Upon arrival at 3:30 p.m, we were greeted by the friendly desk clerk by the name of Jessica, who was very pleasant and made us feel welcomed. As priority club members, she greeted us, informed us of our points being added, and even gave us the military rate when she saw that my husband was retired military, which saved us an additional $10.00. Our room, a king suite, was not ready at the time (in their defense, they had a sold out night prior and the housekeeping were running a little behind, but Jessica apologized for the inconvenience, and informed us that our room would be a quiet corner room that would be ready shortly. She even offered us a late check out for the inconvenience (which was 2p.m. for being priority club members). The room- quiet corner room (room 300), but they are overdue for some upgrades. No venting system in the bathroom, tub needs to be replaced (paint peeling in the tub), the bathroom door is chipped up pretty good, and the furnishings such as the couch could go for an upgrade as well. The housekeeper tried to come in the room while we were in bed taking a nap that afternoon without knocking first, just used her key to try and gain entrance, which was a little disturbing, as there's NO reason she should come into a room that's occupied. But, other than that, no other incidents. The hotel is convenient to the Ashford-Dunwoody mall and plenty of restaurants and other shopping. Nice area, friendly staff, but again, the hotel could use some updating.

Room Tip: Only said room service was terrible because the housekeeper did not use the common courtesy to knock...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-ATLHD, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
First, I'd like to thank you for being a Priority Club member !! I also appreciate the feedback regarding our Hotel. We're actually in the process of replacing some furniture and touchup painting our tubs. I apologize for housekeeping at your door... It is standard procedure to knock before entering. Please visit again next time your in town..
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is probably my third or fourth time staying at this hotel. I love the convenience to GA-400, the Perimeter Mall, restaurants, etc. I also like the parking arrangement; I park in the underground, and I can take the elevator directly up to my floor. It is very convenient when checking in and out. However, I did encounter one problem this time which fortunately the staff was able to rectify. I was initially assigned Room 317. My daughter and I were settled in, and we were preparing to eat our Chinese take-out, when my daughter looked in the bathtub. There were orange stains on the non-slip strips in the bottom of the tub. Also the porcelain on the tub around the drain was chipped a lot. This was not in character with this nice hotel. After discussion, we felt we had to move, as neither of us wanted to stand on those unsightly stains, and I didn't want to try to clean it myself or see what it was. Fortunately, there was another room they could move us to. So we did move up to Room 717 which was the qualify I was used to at this hotel. The bathroom was in perfect condition, the room was clean and odorless. After the inconvenience of moving, we had a great stay! I just hope this property stays as nice as it is, and the owners keep up the repairs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manager-ATLHD, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
We appreciate your comments as sometimes things do get overlooked. Our managment and engineering staff work diligently to keep a top notch property. Thank you so much for being a regular guest....
Pamela
Director of Sales
Loxley, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I visited this hotel on a school field trip. We had about three people to each room. The rooms were very spacious and looked to have been recently updated. The beds were firm and the other furniture -- a modular-type of couch, large bench, dresser and desk -- all seemed to be fairly new. The lighting system is nice and there are lights that inset across the top of the bed. The room needed a few things: I was curious that there was no blow dryer in the bathroom; no tissues and the sink did not work well. Interestingly, there was a Keurig coffeemaker in the room, but not a blow dryer. Thankfully, I brought mine, but it could have been a problem. The lobby area was spacious and looked to be newly updated. We ate breakfast in a meeting room that was huge. The coffee was good, but the the eggs were very watery. The bacon was OK, as were the hash browns, but the sausage gravy lacked sausage and it was a little thick. The breakfast was not ready when it was supposed to be, but the staff was nice and got it ready fairly quickly. Our group was on a tight schedule, time-wise, so every second counted on this trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We are in and out of Atlanta so often that we almost feel at home here. The newspaper and cinnamon rolls await us along with the smiling faces of the staff.

Always clean and comfy, nice to relax and get a good nice sleep.

Parking at first seems limited but if you drive around to the side and park in the underground parking there is plenty of space.

Room Tip: For some reason my room key never works in the door in front of the elevators in the underground par...
Brentwood, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel and have enjoyed both of our stays. The rooms have been updated and the beds are extremely comfortable. It is also conviently located near the highway and restuarants. The breakfast provided is more than adequate.

The most important factor to me is the cleanliness of the room. I judge this by wether or not I take off my socks to walk on the carpet. In this hotel I have no issue walking bearfoot The rooms are very clean

Best of all it is one of the most reasonably priced places.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area? Share your experiences!