“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE I-85 Clairmont

You added Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE I-85 Clairmont to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE I-85 Clairmont
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2920 Clairmont Road, Atlanta, GA 30329 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta - Clairmont)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #105 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
northfla
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good Value and a nice Hotel for the money. Very pleasant amenities and the breakfast was really good. I would stay there again. Thank you for your good service! A good night sleep was all I needed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Overall, the hotel is not bad. It's well located, just a stone's throw from interstate 85, and there is a Greek restaurant and a French restaurant practically within walking distance. A few miles away is a Krogers. The room was spacious, with a microwave, refrigerator and adequate bathroom. My only complaint was the breakfast bar. Allegedly breakfast is served from 6:30. We arrived about 7:15 and the eggs and sausage were already gone. We stood around for at least 5 minutes, thinking someone would replenish it, but it didn't happen. I asked at the desk and I was told that there was only one person working the breakfast bar and it would be a few minutes. Since we had to be somewhere, we just ran through MacDonald's. As we were checking out, I thought I would get some coffee to go (around 9am) and, of course, the coffee pots were empty. I overheard the employee telling a customer that she was always the only one serving and it's hard to keep the breakfast replenished after about 45 minutes. She went to get coffee and came back to tell me it was brewing and would take a while. Now, Holiday Inn Expresss is a major chain, and it seems inconceivable to me that the breakfast bar would be so shoddy. It's really inexcusable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We just completed a stay within the Holiday Inn Express at I-85/Clairmont. This hotel is a converted property as it used to be an old Wingate Inn. Apparently it was purchased by the folks who own the Holiday Inn Express, and in so doing, remodeled the property.

Our experience within this property was overall pleasant. We gave it a 5-star rating despite the fact that they have flat-screens in the rooms that don't really get HD reception, but rather a grainy reception that's far from HD. But in all honesty, we didn't choose this hotel to check out its HDTV offerings.

We got a room in the 3rd floor. It was interesting to see that the floor plan of the room was one of the most spacious for a 'regular' room in Atlanta. Unlike most hotels in Atlanta, the floorplan/outlay of the room afforded us ample room without feeling like we were ever stepping on each others toes.

We cannot mention the complimentary breakfast as we were never awake early enough to enjoy it LOL. The property is clean, well kept, the house keepers are always happy to help you. We had the best experience with Olivia, the front-desk attendant. She was very courteous and made sure we always had a place to eat based on recommendations, including making our overall stay a great one based on having to check out early and affording us a an early-check out rate.

Overall, very impressed with the property. Will definitely be returning. Hopefully upon returning the channels on TV will actually be HD so as to compliment the HDTV sets within the rooms, rather than the grainy picture we experienced throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Probably best to get a room in the 3rd/4th floors as they seem more quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed recently one night. The only real issues we found was the breakfast bar area tables were dirty when we met in the lobby with other family members early friday evening. That night we came back and a group had eaten dinner at the tables and the tables were never cleaned. We then came down at about 7 am for breakfast and all the tables still had food on them(as in not being wiped down). We also noticed the trash can in the breakfast bar area was so full you could not put any trash in it. The only other issues that show some concerns that the door at the end of hallways were never locked and the light outside the door was blown out. It was kind of dark there but we did see a security guard walking the property so it was not a real concern. The rooms have a good decor and the hotel looks as they had a recent remodel of the rooms. The outside looked a little dated but once in side it was decorated nicely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE I-85 Clairmont, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear mrholiday30,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations and our decor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jupiter, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Wow! Quite possibly our new favorite hotel. Beautiful landscape, attractive decor, lots of ambiance. And most of all, the best front-desk service ever. The manager's name was Jamaro. He went out of his way to make sure that every detail of our stay in Atlanta was perfect. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor facing the parking lot, and the room still had a gorgeous view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
rockford, mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was very unhappy with our room. It smelled horrible, a sour, musty smell. I was too tired to complain or ask for another room, especially because the lady at the front desk was very abrupt with people. (The morning staff was very friendly)
Also, they claim free wi-fi, but that never was available. I asked the front desk and they simply said to call a 1-800 number and after we called the 1-800 number, they told us to go to the lobby to see if we could get connected from there. Defeats the purpose of advertising free wi-fi if you ask me. Our room was the closest to the lobby on the 2nd floor anyway so I doubt that would have been successul.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE I-85 Clairmont, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear peg p ,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I apologize for the problems you encountered with our WiFi.

Katie J
IHGCare
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Overall average stay experience with a great location close to Mid-town and Buckhead and just off the highway. When we initially arrived we couldn't find any parking and found out that the hotel has a casting auditions going on with people filling the lobby and taking the guest's parking spots. After we finally got a spot and checked in we got up to the room to find out that we got a king bed when we had 3 people on the reservation. It didn't take long to make the room change but just added to the hassle of the check-in.
Standard complimentary breakfast with a nice sitting area. Would stay again at this hotel for the location primarily.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE I-85 Clairmont? Share your experiences!