“DragonCon 2013” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“DragonCon 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Enjoyed a 5 night stay during this year's DragonCon with my wheelchair dependent daughter. The hotel was obliging is providing an accessible even though we booked late and the website indicated that no such room should be available. Room rate was high but not surprising considering the special event. Lift access was difficult due to the crowds, but patience was eventually rewarded. Room service was prompt and polite, and the room impeccably clean.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David O, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis Atlanta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review in regards to Dragon Con!! We love the Con! I'm so glad it was a great experience for you and we are looking forward to Dragon Con 2014.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good grief, I've been in this room for an hour and have had to call the front desk yet again. The first time, there was no shampoo & a hair in the sink--they sent up more shampoo immediately and kindly offered to send up a maid, but I declined and told them I'd take care of the hair myself. But I just called them again because I pulled back the duvet and there is a hunk of goo with an embedded hair stuck to the duvet. I'm checking into a king room tomorrow--maybe that one will be clean. The second call was because I couldn't connect to the internet--took about 25 minutes with tech support to finally get a connection, but it works only when I am standing within a foot of the front door. (I was told that the internet node is right across the hall.) People here seem very nice--the woman I just talked to at the front desk sounded genuinely appalled and concerned when I described my latest discovery--and the hotel is attractive, but at the moment I'm feeling ill.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I'm teribly sorry about the challenges you had. I hope your stay improved while you are here. We will do all we can to make it right the rest of the way.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very clean hotel and rooms which is number one in my book. Excellent location, room service was timely and staff went out of their way. They even gave me a charger to use when I forgot mine. Event I attended had sit-down lunches provided by the hotel and the food quality was better than other conferences that I have attended. Very nice mid-line hotel. Went for four day work conference. Have stayed here twice and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Because of the set up of the hotel I found that even being close to the elevators it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review especially the 5/5 on cleanliness and service. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and I hope you come back soon.
Viroqua, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a hotel that lacks standard ammenities a business travelor expects. There is no hotel shuttle. The internet access is $14.95 a day and is the worst I've experienced. There were periods when the internet didn't work at all due to overload. 6-9 AM and 4-6PM. When it did work it was sooo slow. Forget about Netflix or anything streaming. My room never got cleaned before 3PM. My view was of an abandoned office building. The entire building is made of concrete slabs. It felt more like an institution than a piece of architecture. The pool was nice, but the hot tub was a joke. If you are staying in Atlanta and want to spend $180 plus a night you can do better.

Room Tip: Stay in a floor 30 floors or higher.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry the hotel did not work for you. Unfortunately we do not have a shuttle and I don't beleive any of the full service hotels in downtown have a shuttle. I am very sorry about the internet beigng sporatic. We did have a problem that is fixed now. Again, I appreciate your review and I'm sorry what we have to offer did not appeal to you.
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location is convenient, we chose this hotel over the Hilton based on the trip advisor reviews and because the Marriott is placed one block closer to downtown vs. the Hilton. We went to a Falcons game and the hotel is walking distance to the stadium, although it is a fairly long walk. Centennial Park and Peachtree Street restaurants are a 5 minute walk.

The entrance to the hotel along with the lobby are beautiful, very spacious and you feel as if you are staying somewhere special, grand. We ate in High Velocity sports bar twice and it was good food, convenient and the service friendly. There is a lobby Starbucks that opens very early and a gift shop with snacks and drinks that is open until 11pm (very convenient and useful).

I left the guest rooms for last in this review because I was disappointed. When you walk in you will be shocked to see a very rumpled bed (I actually thought they put me in a room that was occupied however my friend had the same mess of a bed - the comforters were just so poor looking). The bathroom was not very clean, with hair on the floor and the towels were very cheap and thin. The tv did have a lot of channels, more than a typical hotel.

Basically, I would stay here again if the price point was cheaper than other hotels...but for the same price, I would try something else based on the cleanliness of the guest room. The service was very friendly throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade if you think that will get you a cleaner/newer room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David O, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis Atlanta, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel itself, the service and Hi Velocity. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and would come back. I will speak to the Houskeeping Manager about your room and we will improve. Thanks again for sharing and I look forward to having you back in our hotel.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in 2012 but am just catching up on my reviews now. As a Marriott Platinum Rewards member I received a room on the 42nd floor. The check in staff were effecient and friendly even though the hotel was very busy when I arrived. The property was what one would expect from a large city center full service Marriott property but it did seem as though it was super busy all the time and lines were frequent in the restaurant. The food quality was so-so and somewhat pricey so I chose to eat out most evenings after that. Gym and pool facility were good but it did take a long time for elevators to come even though they had a lot of them. Overall I would stay there again for the right price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor as traffic noise can be loud, it's on the corner of busy streets.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David O, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. As a Platinum Rewards Member we certainly appreciate you and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. I hope you come back soon.
Fort Worth TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Marriott lobby is beautiful.. However, our room was less than clean - hair in tub and spots on pad could be seen through the sheets. The hall in front of our room had crumbs that were never cleaned the 3 days we were there. The elevators were very slow to come to the floor.
The reception staff was very helpful and friendly.
I would probably try another hotel net time I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I will share your review with our Director of Housekeeping. Clearly cleanliness is critical and I'm sorry we missed that with your room. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to bring you back. Thanks.

Been to Marriott Marquis Atlanta? Share your experiences!