“Great Hotel and Staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany, Georgia
“Great Hotel and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel was outstanding and the staff outstanding
However Marriott International is much less friendly We had Marriott Bonuss Bucks given to us at another Marriott for the inconvience we encountered that we we told could be used on our next two night stay at any Marriott. Marriott declined these saying the stay did not qualify and were very non customer friendly with all their excuses Bottom line Marriott Bonus Bucks are not of any value and you should not count on them for help with future reservations they are of no value as with all the stipulationas on the back in fine print Marriott International can find a reason not to honor them

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David O, Hotel Manager at Atlanta Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. I am very sorry about the use of the bonus bucks. I am not sure why we could not accept them if they had not expired. Thanks again and I will look into what happened. Hope to see you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Hampstead, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I thought this was a great experience. I was on the 44th floor. The view was great and the room seemed to have been renovated recently. It was also a very spacious room which I appreciate. I would highly recommend this hotel and will likely try to stay there on my next trip to Atlanta.

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views of the ATL skyline at night!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am very happy you enjoyed the hotel and were thrilled to be on a high floor. The views from the 44th floor are spectacular and I'm glad you got to enjoy them. Hope to see you back in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was priced ok because we had a block booking since we were attending a wedding reception there. However, everything else is EXTRA. Internet, breakfast and parking were all at a fee of at least $14.00 each day, $32 per day for parking. That means you'd be shelling out at least $30 extra everyday in addition to lodging fees. Internet should be free at all U.S hotels of this calibre at this stage. There was also a fee for an upgrade which, was not necessary as the rooms they have us were already where we were placed.

I got the sense, guests are paying so much for expats in order to finance the much needed renovation of this particular hotel. It is not worth all these fees.

If you dare to use the stairs (I was going to the 30th floor, I was on the 37th floor and if i took the elevator I'd have to go all. The way to the 10th floor then back up to the 30th floor), beware they are extremely dirty, like cigarette butts and all sorts of filth in those stairwells.

Great location, not so great hotel

Room Tip: There is a $10 fee+ taxes for an "upgrade" for a room with a view of the city. Well, the e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
David O, Hotel Manager at Atlanta Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take all reviews very seriously. There are fees to valet park and for internet in your room. Our fees are competitive with the other hotels in the downtown area. Internet is free in the lobby. I'm sorry the hotel did not work for you with the optional fees. Hopefully you will come back again in the future.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hosted delegates from Pennsylvania, Washington, California, and Alaska for the National Education Association Rep Assembly, the staff was professional and welcoming. Internet service could not handle the traffic and was substandard. Unable to log on or stay on for more than a few minutes if I did log in. That was disappointing. Carpet actually felt damp when walked on with bare feet. The maid service cleaned bathroom well and made beds but except for the first night, towels were not replaced. Every night we called housekeeping to get full sets of towels. Single Starbucks did the best it could with the high traffic in the morning. No frig or microwave in room. Pool was lovely- indoor and outdoor pool, kind of cool. Workout rooms were too crowded to even attempt to use. While architecturally lovely, one night while we were in the bar area a plate fell several stories. Didn't hurt anyone but unsettling. Rooms did not have enough storage- the six drawer dresser was really only three drawers and then a safe. Had to request additional hangers. Stayed there for six days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We really enjoyed having all the delegates from the education association in the hotel. The group was awesome and we couldn't ask for nicer people. Sorry about your challenges with the internet. We just started with a new providor this week and our internet has been fantastic. Thank you for all your feedback and we hope NEA comes back soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for a work conference in mid-June and the hotel is vast and very industrial looking. Not surprised it was the perfect location for some interior shots in the upcoming Hunger Games series.

Rooms were great although the overall appearance of hotel is starting to show its wear and tear. Plenty of on site restaurant options that are great. Hotel connects to the Hilton as well so even more options.

Easy access by Metro and there is a "mall" connected to the hotel. Better for satisfying any junk food cravings as the food court is huge. Not so great if you need or wanted to go shopping for clothes. There is a CVS inside so that's great if your forgot to pack an essential item.

Fast and friendly check-in; prompt luggage dropoff and quick pickup of car if you are parking a vehicle on site.

Would stay here again if needed for business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments. You are correct, part of Catching Fire was filmed in our hotel. It was a fun and exciting time for us. I appreciate your comments and look forward to having you back.
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Well my stay on June 29-30, 2013 was an eventful one and I use that loosely. Ok, so I get to the hotel by 8:30pm that Friday, June 29,2013 and first thing of course is to check in. So, I checked in had valet park car I get bag go to my room 3522. About an hour later it's time to eat so I go downstairs toward the parking deck and was told they couldn't find me in the system and I need to call to get checked in by this time I was wondering what happen to me checking in and given the CSR my Amex to swipe. I was told to check back with front desk when I return back to hotel. The parking attended ask me if I knew an Dawn or Donna Ivey and I told her that " the front desk ask me the same question and I replied "NO". When we arrived back the front desk told me to go head to room and to give my ID, Amex again and the keys they gave me before and security will let us into the room and keys will be placed under the door in the morning. When I woke up that Saturday morning, I saw keys pushed under the door. About two hours later, housekeeping comes into my room and says" Sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here". With a puzzle look I just brushed it off because these eposides were getting out of hand. So, Sunday arrived I looked at my bill to see it was $ 291+ and was like ok that's great. On my way out I decided to pay $100.00 on my bill so it would only charge my Amex $191+. A few days after leaving I see my Amex transactions and notice an $191+ charge which was correct and $526+ charge???? I was outraged. I called the hotel and was on hold for 35 mins to speak with accounting who told me they put Dawn or Donna Ivey's charges on my Amex and I still have no clue who this person is. I recently got an email saying they will not charge back these charges because I swipe my card for them...I DON'T THINK SO!! THE CSR WHEN I CHECKED IN SHE SWIPED IT FOR THE WRONG ROOM AND NOW COVERING HER BEHIDE!! I have stayed at this Marriott many times and always had a great experience until now, they ruined my weekend and now trying to make me pay for somebody else stay,,,That I don't know!! I would like a call from corp. asap. How can you be so careless and try to make me pay for your mistake. Then they tried to cover by making me swipe for my room again and didn't share with me their mistake. I am really trying to be nice about it but you guys have lost an regular guest who in future was coming every two weeks.

Room Tip: End room view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David O, Hotel Manager at Atlanta Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry about the biling error. Please contact me and we will get it straightened out immediately. Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel. I know we can work thru this and get you back into the hotel.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here on business. Overall good experience... Clean and comfortable rooms. Decent restaurant/bar. Location is great for convenient access to downtown / most conference locations. Personally don't love the atrium style setup of this hotel but that would really be my only complaint. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, and I agree the location is great for us. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Atlanta Marriott Marquis? Share your experiences!