“Fantastic building and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #56 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic building and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is an amazing building. The interior lobby, bars and lifts are a tourist attraction in themselves. It made a great place for sitting and having a drink. The pool area is also great, with an indoor and outdoor area and lovely seating area for a sunny day. The service was good, the rooms and public areas were lovely and clean and all the staff were friendly and helpful, especially the concierge. The atrium set up could have been noisy, however this hotel has the best sound proofing for the rooms, you shut the door and any noise disappeared, making for a great nights sleep.

The room was ample in size, the bathroom was modern and clean and the view from the room was amazing. The location is good, very easy access to the MARTA which we used from the airport, much cheaper than a taxi, and for getting to mid town. The food court is an indoor walk from the hotel, and provides alternative dinning options. There are also tourist attractions within walking distance. This is a hotel mainly used for conferences, but it also served us well as a base for this stage of our holiday. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for high up with a city view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
David O, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis Atlanta, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Wow! Thank you for an outstanding review! I agree our lobby is amazing and it's great to read our service levels were great too. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a great hotel. I was there with my hubby on a business conference. The hotel is beautiful. We did not have any problems with the valet parking as I was concerned from reading other reviews. Our car was always brought to us in a matter of minutes. The staff was very helpful. The restaurants were very accomodating and the food was great. The one thing I would have liked to seen was a continental breakfast. But this place was BUSY the whole 5 nights we stayed.

We would stay again if we had the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad valet parking worked out well for you and the service was quick and efficient. Thank you for using our restaurants and I'm with you... I love our food! Look forward to having you back.
Central Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The view from the lobby in front of the concierge desk of the soaring (47 story) lobby, curving floors, bullet elevators was like something from a futuristic movie, but the future is here and well managed. Our conference went off without an obvious hitch. The rooms were spacious and well furnished, staff excited and efficient, and everything seemed to work. I did not spend a lot of time in the various lobbies and never did find the hotel dining room. I have no doubt, however, that if I had asked the busiest employee in the lobby, they would have droped what they were doing to show me the way.

Room Tip: The view from the higher floors is awesome, and with elevators going to various zones, there's n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review. Funny you mention the elevators being futuristic...part of Hunger Games II was filmed in our hotel and they used the elevators! I can't wait to see the movie to see how it came out. Glad you enjoyed your stay and come back soon!
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was so dissapointed with this hotel. I was told it was the "flagship" in Atlanta. The lobby looked lovely... then I checked it. The room was no more special than any other hotel room. The bathroom was tiny. Half the channels on the TV got "no signal". The AC was so loud it kept me up at night. My cell phone only worked in a small area in the lobby, everyplace else was a dead zone, the internet speed was back in the stone age. The conference food was just o.k.. The food in the casual restaurant was so spicy (and i like spicy food) it made me sick. The only good thing about the hotel was the Spa, which was great with very reasonable prices, and the steakhouse, Sear, which I will review separately.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David O, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis Atlanta, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you takinig the time to share your experience in our hotel. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We do our best to do that with every guest. We are better than the experience you had as you can see from other reviews. I hope you give us another opportunity to show you that if you come back to Atlanta.
Pierre Part, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Marquis Atlanta for 3 nights - WOW, what a beautiful hotel. The hotel was everything I expected and more. Everyone there was very friendly and the rooms were always cleaned to my satisfaction. I had employees approaching us and asking us if everything is ok and if there is anything we needed. Having a Starbucks in the hotel is always a PLUS. The hotel is in a great location as it was walking distance to the Coca Cola Museum, CNN, the Aquarium, and other locations we were interested in going. The restaurant/bar (High Velocity) was excellent. The check-in procedure went very smooth, considering there was a convention of over 2,000 people staying there, as well as other events going on. When I return to Atlanta this is the hotel that I want to stay.

Room Tip: If you see there is lots going on in the hotel(which there usually is ----and you are on a time sche...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for this excellent review. I am glad you found the staff to be friendly, rooms to be clean and really enjoyed Starbucks and Hi-Velocity. I think Hi-Velocity is awesome too. Look forward to you coming back!
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Worked at a convention for 6 days at this hotel, great amenities, problem is they are open for limited time. Breakfast on the concierge level on a weekdays, and not on weekends. So you pay for something that's part time. Horderves only available from Monday till Thursday. Elevators are bittersweet because they are express, so to get to the concierge level you have to go down to go back up. Again if people are pay more money make it comfortable and easier, not complicated and limiting. Staff was patient, efficient, and polite. Overall, if you are going to stay here don't pay extra for comfort, because its not comforting. You can get to the mall through the hotel which is nice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We like to hear all feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry our concierge lounge is not open on the weekends. However I am very happy you found the staff to be excellent. Hope to see you back again and if you come back, request a room on the 42nd floor or above, you won't have to switch elevators to get to the lounge.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Was there for eight days. So I needed some place to stay that was comfortable. Walking distance to the convention which was great because I was there for a trade show. Would definetaly stay here again. 1 thing I didn't like was that on the HD channels in tv. I constantly had "no signal". This was annoying but I didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you stayed eight days and had a great stay. I do apologize about the HD signal going out on you. We will take a look at that and see what happened. Thanks again for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you back another eight days!

Been to Marriott Marquis Atlanta? Share your experiences!