“Only Stay if you won't actually be in the hotel much” 2 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #56 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morristown, New Jersey
“Only Stay if you won't actually be in the hotel much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was so dissapointed with this hotel. I was told it was the "flagship" in Atlanta. The lobby looked lovely... then I checked it. The room was no more special than any other hotel room. The bathroom was tiny. Half the channels on the TV got "no signal". The AC was so loud it kept me up at night. My cell phone only worked in a small area in the lobby, everyplace else was a dead zone, the internet speed was back in the stone age. The conference food was just o.k.. The food in the casual restaurant was so spicy (and i like spicy food) it made me sick. The only good thing about the hotel was the Spa, which was great with very reasonable prices, and the steakhouse, Sear, which I will review separately.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David O, Hotel Manager at Marriott Marquis Atlanta, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you takinig the time to share your experience in our hotel. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We do our best to do that with every guest. We are better than the experience you had as you can see from other reviews. I hope you give us another opportunity to show you that if you come back to Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Pierre Part, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Marquis Atlanta for 3 nights - WOW, what a beautiful hotel. The hotel was everything I expected and more. Everyone there was very friendly and the rooms were always cleaned to my satisfaction. I had employees approaching us and asking us if everything is ok and if there is anything we needed. Having a Starbucks in the hotel is always a PLUS. The hotel is in a great location as it was walking distance to the Coca Cola Museum, CNN, the Aquarium, and other locations we were interested in going. The restaurant/bar (High Velocity) was excellent. The check-in procedure went very smooth, considering there was a convention of over 2,000 people staying there, as well as other events going on. When I return to Atlanta this is the hotel that I want to stay.

Room Tip: If you see there is lots going on in the hotel(which there usually is ----and you are on a time sche...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for this excellent review. I am glad you found the staff to be friendly, rooms to be clean and really enjoyed Starbucks and Hi-Velocity. I think Hi-Velocity is awesome too. Look forward to you coming back!
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Worked at a convention for 6 days at this hotel, great amenities, problem is they are open for limited time. Breakfast on the concierge level on a weekdays, and not on weekends. So you pay for something that's part time. Horderves only available from Monday till Thursday. Elevators are bittersweet because they are express, so to get to the concierge level you have to go down to go back up. Again if people are pay more money make it comfortable and easier, not complicated and limiting. Staff was patient, efficient, and polite. Overall, if you are going to stay here don't pay extra for comfort, because its not comforting. You can get to the mall through the hotel which is nice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We like to hear all feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry our concierge lounge is not open on the weekends. However I am very happy you found the staff to be excellent. Hope to see you back again and if you come back, request a room on the 42nd floor or above, you won't have to switch elevators to get to the lounge.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Was there for eight days. So I needed some place to stay that was comfortable. Walking distance to the convention which was great because I was there for a trade show. Would definetaly stay here again. 1 thing I didn't like was that on the HD channels in tv. I constantly had "no signal". This was annoying but I didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you stayed eight days and had a great stay. I do apologize about the HD signal going out on you. We will take a look at that and see what happened. Thanks again for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you back another eight days!
Spearfish, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great location with easy walking access to the Marta, restaurants, the Aquarium, and the convention center. It is beautifully decorated and the rooms are very clean, but what I liked the most about this hotel is the staff. I was so impressed with the friendliness from everyone! It was just a pleasure to work with Roosevelt at the Concierge Desk...he was so helpful and genuine. The food was delicious at the restaurant, but I like to get out and enjoy the city when I visit so I only ate there once.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. I am so glad Roosevelt did a great job for you. We think he is very special and really takes care of every guest he encounters. He takes great pride in his job and we are lucky to have him on our team. When you come back, Rooselvelt will be here ready to serve you.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The staff was nothing less than the best!!!; from the bellhop service, valet, front desk, housekeeping, to room service. The day I checked in, it was really busy. I believe it was about three different events going on. My check-in took all of 5 minutes. The bellhop took my bags to my room and even filled my ice bucket. The hotel is beautiful. I love Marriott and this is the best so far. The bed slept so good. I didn't want to get out of it. Everything was nice and clean. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your awesome review about our staff and service. I never argue with a customer...I think our staff is "The Best" too! Glad you enjoyed the hotel and your stay was fabulous. Look forward to having you back in the future!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Probably not where I would stay if I were here for fun but it is a nice hotel. Very big and lots of chaos at times. Good food options and comfortable rooms. No complaints other than rush hour traffic. It's a solid 4 star.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your great review. Glad you were here for business and the hotel worked well for you. We do have many attractions within walking distance of the hotel. Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke are just to name a few. Thanks again for the great comments and we hope you come back in the future.

Been to Marriott Marquis Atlanta? Share your experiences!