“Quiet Pleasant Stay at Very Large Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #74 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Quiet Pleasant Stay at Very Large Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel is absolutely huge and has a really gorgeous atrium. Some of the reviews I'd read said that it could be noisy so I requested a room far from the elevator, I can honestly say it was quietest hotel room I have ever been in. I was on the 37th floor in the corner, room 3741, a corner room with a great view of the city. When I arrived their was no wait at reception where an a very young man helped me and gave me directions to where I was going the next day. Other reviews said it took a long time for the elevators, but I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for an elevator. The fitness room had plenty of cardio equipment and even though it was busy, I never had to wait. Room service came quickly and the food was decent. I really have no complaints about this hotel and would absolutely stay here again. If you have issues with heights the glass elevators should probably be avoided.

Room Tip: As I said above, I had a corner room--3741--and it was exceptionally quiet with a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I love this hotel! i stayed here for my birthday and when we checked in the staff put us on the 39th floor! thair amazing! the room wast great.with great views of atlanta! beds were nice and the bathroom was clean!the elevators were so croweded! it stoped at about every floor the elevator could stop at! though they were filming the hunger games and some dancing!So it was a intertainment! the pools great! by the way the hours for the pool are 6AM-11PM.I didnt eat at the restraunt which is probberly good cause I bet it would be SUPER croweded.anyway thanks Mariott Marquis Atlanta for the best stay in atlanta!

Room Tip: come on a special occasion thats when you can get a great room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I travel to Atlanta 5 to 6 times a year for business and have stayed everywhere from the Holiday Inn to the Westin. This was my first time to stay in the Marriott Marquis, and I will definitely choose this hotel for all of my future visits. The staff could not have possibly been nicer. The weather was terrible when I arrived, but I was still greeted by the valet attendants with smiling faces. The location is perfect if you have business downtown. There are walkways that connect directly to the market center, and there are also marta stations extremely close. There are great restaurants in the hotel, and Rays's in the City (my favorite Atlanta restaurant) is within walking distance. The bars in the hotel served great drinks, and the Starbucks in the lobby was convenient. The rooms were clean and everything was very comfortable. My business days in Atlanta revolve around the apparel mart and are typically very long, very stressful days. This hotel was the perfect place to unwind and come back to after these long days. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was in awe of the hotel the first second I stepped foot inside. It was amazing. Check in was ok but the desk clerk was very rude. She was the front office manager. Although I was a little frustrated by that, the stay was AMAZING. The rooms were good size and clean. We were on the 46th floor!! The pool and gym were good. The hot tub was a tad bit too hot. Our room was not clean when we got back from sightseeing but we notified a housekeeper on our floor and quickly got someone to clean it. Besides that our stay was good. It is in the heart of downtown. Oh yeah, valet parking is a joke!!!! 32 dollars A DAY! I could see 32 dollars for the entire stay. That is unacceptable.

Room Tip: Request high floors. There is always loud traffic in the lobby 24/7
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here the night before the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half Marathon. Service was respectful and helpful on check in. Valet car was good on departure. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Very reasonable rates. Nothing to complain about at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is probably the largest hotel I had ever stayed at.
You can get lost with 3 different sets of elevators servicing different floors.
I kept getting lost even after getting off the elevator.

The rooms are well equipped but rather small. For the lack of size, it has a huge plasma TV and a plushy bed and plenty of pillows. I thought $6 per bottled water was rather pricy but then again who would want to take the elevators to get them from a small shop on one of the lobby floors.

They do not clean the room until late afternoon and the cleaning lady was constantly on her cell phone. I found hair on the bed that i did not use.

Sear has a good breakfast buffet for $24 including drinks.
High velocity bar has a nice selection of spirits and good bar food.

I really liked the well equipped fitness center. Did not get to use the pool.

I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Blumenau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is really big! It is a nice property. The pros are architecture (the lobby is incredible), location and the value. But I noticed some cons: there are signs of wear. The carpets are dirty and the furniture seems old. The elevator is too busy, and the valet parking too. I like my stay, but the hotel need some renovations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family