“Very nice hotel, very pleasant to stay at.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #56 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very nice hotel, very pleasant to stay at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Was here last week for a two night stay, I will be back in July for 9 nights for a conference. I have stayed at this hotel before, and it has always been a pleasure. the hotel staff is very friendly, the bars and restaurants although nothing special are consistently good. and the rooms are well maintained.

Pros:

-Good location in Downtown, 15 minute walk to the convention center, close to stadiums, not to far from mid town and uptown.
-friendly staff
-Large amount of meeting space to accommodate all size conferences.
-Pulse Bar a nice place to sit and recap your day with a drink
-Food quality is consistently good.
-Rooms are very clean and well maintained
-Beautiful hotel from entry to foyer. Overall very nice.

Cons:

I didn't have any this trip. Maybe when I am there for a week+ it may be different but I like this hotel.

I didn't really have any from this trip

Room Tip: HIgh floors have great views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Being a frequent business traveler, I know how a hotel should treat you. I came in from a long day of flying with delays and every airport disaster you can think of. The minute I walked in I was greeted by Chandra W, who went the extra mile to make sure I was happy and accommodated. On top of that, Sharon, who was the manager that night made sure I had everything I needed for my long stay here. I really appreciate the hard work and professionalism displayed by both of you. You are both an extreme asset to the Marriott and I hope you both receive the recognition you deserve.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Spent the last four days in the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta. An architectural marvel. With great people running and managing multiple conventions and meetings. I was pleased with all the services EXCEPT the WiFi arrangement. If you did not pay the daily $15 for their WiFi service, the room that you were occupying in the conference center was blocked from other cellular connections. As a Marriott Elite member, I found this disturbing and a bit CHEAP to people who are loyal to the company.

Castle Donington, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Marquis for the last night of our holiday in the USA. The location was great and we explored Atlanta on foot and had plenty of restaurants to chose from within walking distance. The room was a good size although I agree with other reviewers that the bathroom is rather small. The bed was one of the most comfortable of our trip. This was the only hotel in 3 weeks where we were charged for wi-fi and it was probably the slowesr connection. However when I mentioned this on check-out, the charge was immediately removed from our bill - excellent customer service which would certainly make me chose a Marriott again. Valet parking is quite pricey but this is to be expected in the centre of a city and the staff were all extremely helpful. I would certainly stay there again if I return to Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manassas, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is beautifully designed by a wonderful architect. The movement of the design is breathtaking. We were put on a very high floor. The glass elevator gave great views. The view from our room was spectacular. We were upgraded to a suite. The only weird thing is we had a Murphy bed, a small bed that came out of the wall, not really comfortable. We were not sure why a king size regular bed could not be placed in the room. Other than that, it was incredible - great views, beautiful architecture, glass elevators, Starbucks, nice restaurant, and very kind people. We would return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Copperhill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Doesn't get better!.... Great food...rooms and location. Easy to get peachtree street. Concierge lounge is one of best I have ever seen. Great breakfast and hot meals at night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta several times. The main reason I like to stay at this hotel is the location. It is close to the Peachtree Center food court and shopping area. It is situated near a number of other hotels and restaurants, so the area feels like a center of activity. As a woman traveling alone, I felt fairly safe walking the area during daylight hours, although I would recommend taking prudent, sensible precautions. The MARTA transit system has a stop at the Peachtree Center. I was able to walk a few blocks to the public library and several additional blocks to the federal building where I attended a business meeting. Since the lobby and the other public meeting areas of the hotel are somewhat large, the arrangement of the hotel and its location might be a challenge if you are not able to walk easily. I have enjoyed my stays at the Marriott Marquis Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Marquis Atlanta? Share your experiences!