“Front Desk Staff is a turn off....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #39 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Clinton, Maryland
“Front Desk Staff is a turn off....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

There was nothing great about this hotel. They were not very accommodating. Front desk staff lacked customer service skills, except one--Marlo (I think that was her name). Perhaps she could give the others some training in pleasantries. The building maintenance or facilities staff member were way nicer than those at the front desk. I asked for a microwave and they want you to come all the way to the kitchen/lobby area to heat up food. They actually have microwaves but you seem to have to insist on getting one. Apparently they only have a few (??) but they seem to direct you away from asking about them. I stayed here for two weeks and decided I'd be better off in an extended stay hotel or a corporate apartment.

Also, I asked for a wake up call three times--one day they didn't bother and the other two days they called really late.

Room Tip: Try a better hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Perimeter Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for our front desk staff not being accommodating while a guest at our hotel. Thank you for pointing that our team member Marlo did take care of you during your stay as well as our maintenance staff. I apolojise for our team not fulfillingyour simple request as supplying you with a microwave especially when you stayed two weeks with us. We do have a supply of microwaves that we have on hand to give out to our guests per their requests and availability. This is not the impression that we want our guests to have and want to assure you that all issues have been addressed at this time. We know that you have many choices to stay and we appreciate that you chose to stay at our hotel.

We encourage all feedback as it used to ensure that we meet and exceed guest expectations.
We hope that if your travels bring you back to our that you will stay with us again.

Patricia Kilgore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hampton Inns are always good value. The quality of the rooms is good, but to be honest, no matter where you are they are equally good. As with everything in my opinion, it's the people that make the difference. The people at this hotel are very good and friendly. A nice welcome when I walked in, a personal contact on each time I saw a member of staff. Overall a good experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Perimeter Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind remarks concerning your recent stay at our Hampton Inn. We appreciate the positive feed back concering the quality of your room. You are so correct that the people make the difference. Thank you for letting us know that our team was accommodating during your stay with us and that your experience with us was a good one.

We hope that when your travels brig you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Patricia M Kilgore- General Manager Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center 404 303 0014
Boone, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stay in this area of Atlanta quite often and always stay at the Hyatt Place Perimeter Center (which I love). But they were booked full and I had to stay here this time. It was a very good price and a nice hotel. Rooms were comfortable and had nice beds. Mini-fridge in the room too. The only problem with the room was the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was long strands of brown hair all over the shower walls and floor. Mold was growing around the edge of the shower handle. And the floor didn't appear it had been mopped either. Other than that, the room was great. Free breakfast was adequate too. Nothing too exciting but definitely worth it for being free. The staff was extremely nice from the front desk, breakfast attendant, and the manager. For those of you that have never been to the Perimeter area before, this hotel is very close to Perimeter Mall, both the Sandy Springs and Dunwoody MARTA stations, and plenty of food. It's a very nice area and part of town. Overall just a great stay. I'm still going to be partial to the Hyatt Place up the street, but if I ever can't get a room there I'll be back to the Hampton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Perimeter Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Perimeter Center .
We are delighted to know that your stay with us was a good value for you and that our location served your needs whail in the area. We apolojise for the apperiance of your floor not appearing that it had been mopped.
Thank you for the complimentary comments concerning our staff. Our teams goal is to ensure that all of our guests are satisfied with their stay. We know that you have many choices to stay while in our area and we appreciate that you stayed with us. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Patricia M Kilgore General Manager
Birmingham,Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was excellent for its price. All of the staff was extremely helpful and cordial. I had to use the business center to print off tickets and the new guy Wesley was extremely helpful in getting me to my goal.

Breakfast was great both days that I stayed there and the hot food alternated.The room was good with soft beds and a great view. The hotel was packed as it was alot going on the weekend of sept 28-30 but staff handled it very well. Housekeeping was even helpful in not disturbing you if you didnt want your room cleaned yet. My room had everything I needed but a microwave, but we ate fast food mostly so didnt need one.

Check in and check out both went smooth. Registering for their honors program made coming and going a snap.

Highly recommend this hotel and would come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Perimeter Center. We appreciate your kind remarks concerning your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that if when your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Patricia M Kigore
404 303 0014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here to go see some college football at the Georgia Dome. The hotel is less than a mile from the Dunwoody MARTA station and Perimeter Mall. The room was large and clean and we really enjoyed breakfast. We would definitely recommend this hotel. The o ly issue we had was that we couldn't seem to get a working remote control, even though the staff really tried to help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PatriciaKilgore, General Manager at Hampton Inn Perimeter Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review for our hotel concerning your stay with us. We are excited that your stay with us surpassed your expectations. It is our teams goal to ensure that all of our guests have a perfect stay with us. We know that you have many choices to stay while in the area and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area that you will choose to stay with us again.
Safe travels

Patricia Kilgore and team
Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center
404 303 0014
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I picked this hotel on line and am always concerned if it is new to me. All I can say is WOW! From check in to check out everything was exceptional! My husband and I were traveling from Tennessee for a football game at the Georgia Dome, this hotel was well priced (89$) compared to all the other places taking advantage of the crowds coming down. 2 ladies at the front desk were awesome! We were there alittle early and they said no problem! We had a nice chat about the game we were going to...they explained all the amenities and we went to the room.Our room was neat,clean,and spacious. The bed and pillows were so comfortable! The house keeping staff was friendly! Everyone made us feel so welcome...right down to a gentleman vacuuming, he stopped what he was doing just to ask us how the game went!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I usually stay in the Perimeter Mall area at other hilton properties, but the price was so cheap I was able to stay two nights for what my usual place charged for one night. It was clean and had all the basics I needed, although a microwave would have been great for warming up leftovers. Breakfast was adequate, internet worked fine, parking is uncovered, but you can see your car from the rooms. There was a lot of activity in the parking lot, some people were installing a sound system in their car and over 11 people hung out while this was going on. Also, the police were called for some reason on the second morning. However, this did not seem out of the ordinary according to the locals. I never felt unsafe and would definitely stay again for the price. Honestly, I didn't view anything I haven't seen , and worse, at other Atlanta hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!