“Not too shabby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6260 Peachtree Dunwoody, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Perimeter Center)   |
Ranked #80 of 189 Hotels in Atlanta
barefootfarmwife
“Not too shabby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Pros: I never thought the la quinta brand was much more than a motel 8. Boy, was I wrong. this particular facilty was very sharp and modern from lobby through rooms. Clean, nicely furnished and decorated. We got two rooms, one was a king and the other was a double queen. Both rooms were very nicely appointed and spacious. Best part is that they use the new double sheeting so there is no 1970's mystery bed spread to deal with. We were very pleased and impressed. Staff was helpful and polite. Nice location in a very clean, upscale area. Decent parking.

Cons: Smoking and non smoking rooms seem to be in mixed floors rather than a smoking floor and seperate non smoking floor. (unless customers just don't care). We are non smokers with a smoke allergy in our group so the gust of bar room type air as we exited the elevator was a bit off putting.

Our floor was also pet frendly, which is fine. However, when dealing with yappy dogs who bark anytime someone comes down the hall (in a busy fully booked place) it can be an issue. Those 2 or 3 parties with multiple snarling mini dogs should have been lumped at the end of a hall so as not to disrupt others sleep.

The breakfast bar was so so but not impressive. Free breakfasts have come a long way in the last decade or so. This was a very basic cereal, coffee, toast with watered down orange juice set up. The one perk was a waffle maker. Not really up to modern competitors standards.

The elevator was out of service. Very inconvenient in a large, crowded, multi story hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed in a King Suite because I needed a refrigerator for the trip. They had recently added HDTV's so I was excited to stay here. When I checked in, I was helped quickly and informed that only the back elevator was in operation because of a complete overhaul (or something) being performed on the front elevator. This wasn't the worst thing in the world as I didn't mind the extra walk down the hallway.

When I first walked into the room, it was nice enough, I suppose. It wasn't fancy. When you first walk in, you can really only see the couch in the living area in front of you and the bathroom to the right of you. The bathroom had everything I needed (check). The living area was long with a couch and coffee table on one end and a 32" HDTV on the opposite end making it as far away as possible. Because of the length of the room and the small size of the TV, it made it almost unwatchable (if that's a valid word). it was just too far away for the length of the room. They should either include a larger set for this room or turn the furniture and TV so that they are opposite the other walls (much shorter distance).

The bedroom wasn't bad. It wasn't as long as the living room, and the 32" HDTV was on the dresser that was about 3 feet from the end of the bed. With the exception of watching TV while ironing in the living area, all of my TV viewing occurred in while lying on the bed. The bed was comfortable enough.

The free daily breakfast wasn't bad as I enjoy making my own waffles, but there wasn't much selection. My last trip to this area was at the Fairfield Suites down the road, and they had a much nicer free daily breakfast with many more options.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but only if I were in the same situation that made this visit necessary. I wanted to stay at another hotel in this area, but everything was full. Again, this wasn't a bad visit, but it wasn't anything special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
san juan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a great experience.The property is in a great location for those visiting Atlanta. Room was clean and staff friendly. The price was super compared to the other "big names" in the area. YES, I Will use it again. One negative... elevator was broken. I'm glad we were on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This La Quinta allows pets, small or very large! As we walked down the hall to the elevator we could hear barking in the rooms. I actually saw a dog as big as me! I asked for a top floor room thinking these rooms would be least likely to have animals. I wish the hotel had specific floors for people with animals, but this is not the case for this hotel. I would hate to bring fleas home in my suitcase. Other than the dogs, I liked this hotel. The room had a countertop workspace that extended the entire width of the room! That was wonderful for both my husband and I since we do have some work to do in the evenings. The bed was very good and the room was clean. However, the desk clerk, when we checked in, wanted to know which 2 days we wanted our room cleaned, since we were staying for a week! So, because we were there for a full week, it seems that the service was more limited. I did ask for and received clean towels every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a king bed. This type of room will have both a microwave and a fridge. Rooms w...
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

There have only been a handful of times in my life where I have received truly awful customer service and this was one of them. We were traveling for the first time with our three small children ages 5, 3 and 1 for a surprise 40th birthday party. We wanted to reserve two adjoining rooms so that we could bring a babysitter to take care of the children while we went out later that night. We called several hotels who could not make this accommodation, but the reservations attendant at this La Quinta property said they could. I explained that we were traveling with small children and a babysitter & I received my reservation with the notation; ADA Adjoining Room. Everything seemed in order. Check-in was at 3:00 we arrived at 5:00 and were told their system had not updated & they couldn't find our room. 30 minutes later we were told they had oversold the hotel & the only thing they had for us were two rooms on two different floors. To say the least we were very upset. The attendant was cold & uncaring & kept maintaining that it wasn't her fault & there wasn't anything she could do because the hotel was oversold. When we requested that she call around and find a hotel with an adjoining room and compensate us for our trouble, she got mad at us and said she wasn't going to help us anymore. I searched my phone and was able to find an adjoining room at the Sheraton nearby that was significantly more than the rate we were expecting since it was so last minute. We demanded that she pay for it since they had so blatantly lied to us and not honored their reservation. She refused. We were told the entire time that the manager was not available. The front desk attendant gave me her card and said I could call her, but when I walked away from the front desk to call her, the number rang through to the front desk and the same woman I had been talking to the whole time stood there and told me I could leave a message and the manager would call me back on Monday. After 45 minutes the manager finally made an appearance. I thought for sure she would immediately recognize that we had been wronged, but all she wanted to tell us was that it wasn't their policy to guarantee adjoining rooms and she was sorry if someone told us incorrectly. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I know a lot about customer service and I knew that it was ridiculous for them to treat us this way. We had been wronged and they should honor their word and make it right! We pleaded our case for another 20 minutes but it wasn't until I told her that I would be at a dinner with clients of hers from across the street that she begrudgingly agreed to pay for one of the rooms at the Sheraton. We agreed that that was fair. When I asked her to call the Sheraton in front of me to relay the message that she would be picking up half the tab just so we would be sure everything was taken care of, she acted completely annoyed with me. As if my distrust was not warranted. As if we were the problem. My sister posted a review on here which was met with the same disregard for customer service that we saw first hand. They overbook their hotels and if they're unable to honor their reservations they don't care. After this highly contentious discussion we were exhausted and ended up being late to our friend's 40th birthday party dinner. After this experience I have no interest in ever staying at a La Quinta property again and would recommend you do the same.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have never stayed at a La Quinta Inn & now I know why! We booked 2 ajoinging rooms (we were traveling with 3 small children & a babysitter) their this past weekend. After driving for 5 hours with 3 tired & hungry children, we get to the hotel to find out that they had oversold the hotel & did NOT have rooms for us! We had spoken to someone the week prior and gotten a CONFIRMATION number & were GAURANTEED ajoining rooms. It would have been 1 thing too if the woman at the front desk was POLITE & sympathetic to the situation, but she was NOT! Her name was LynnEllen - Completly RUDE! She informed us we were lied to and that they do not gaurentee anything; whts the point of calling and making a reservation if they are not going to honor it???? She said she could get us rooms but one was on the 1st floor and one was on the 5th floor; this was NOT what we had agreed to so we decided to take our buisness elsewhere. She REFUSED to call any other hotels and help us. I work for a hotel in Charlotte NC & I am appauled at her customer service and the fact that this woman works in Customer Service. Thank GOD for the Sheraton Hotel! We took our buisness their and they were sooo polite & sympathetic to our situation. I will NEVER go to the La Quinta Inn. Completly disappointed in their customer service! thumbs DOWN & I will be sure to share this information with everyone traveling through my hotel (the Blake in Charlotte NC) to Atlanta!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Julie M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello,

I am very sorry that you have such strong negative feelings towards the La Quinta Perimeter/Medical Center Hotel. I am very familiar with how upset you and and your husband were regarding the "Guarantee" of adjoinging rooms here. We do not and have NEVER been able to guarantee adjoining rooms for ANY reservation EVER. It is my understanding for almost every hotel chain out there that if making a reservation in advance Hotels are NEVER allowed or able to guarantee adjoining hotels rooms as there are a vast number of reasons that this guearantee could not be met, which is why we as an industry do not do this. I again, am very sorry for any frustration or stress this may have caused you but am also aware that we paid for you to stay at the Sheraton hotel for 1 free room on us. I'm sorry this seems to still not be enough of a token of our understanding or apology.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical? Share your experiences!