“Nice and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Ooltewah, TN
“Nice and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great location for midtown. A little bit of a walk to the Fox, but certainly not difficult at all. Found our room to be very clean. It was comfortable and did not feel cramped. Would stay here again.

We self parked in the garage a street behind the hotel for half the price. That garage does not have in and out, but that worked for us. Plenty of places to eat within easy walking distance. My only wish is that they had later room service. It ends at 10pm. That seemed pretty early for a Saturday night.

Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were in Atlanta for our son's wedding. We could not have stayed at a better place. Starting with Cameron when we were booking our hotel rooms to Asia, Boris and Andre at the front desk. I can not leave out Kevin and the wonderful valet staff. They were all great!!! I had the most beautiful room looking over down town Atlanta and it was walking distance to so many places. The staff treated me and my family just like we were part of their family. Thank you so much for such a wonderful week.

Tinker Lanier

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at this property two times this week. Don't ask how/why. Let me just say that it had to do with a stay-cation and spring break. Both times, the service was great and the overall experience was wonderful. They have a nice dining room and they go out of their way to please. On the lower level is an indoor, heated saline pool. No horrible chlorine smell. Perfect for smaller crowd. Within walking distance is the Flying Biscuit (which is a wonder little restaurant that I have been going to for years).

Room Tip: Someone else mentioned this, stay awa from 10th street if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Everything about this hotel I liked. Comfortable bed, nice linens, great, modern bathroom, nice layout, really great view with lots of light. Great, convenient location - walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, attractions, etc. Convenient to MARTA and the highways too. But, I highly advise against staying in the 10th Street corner rooms unless you enjoy being awakened several times in the night by the firetrucks coming and going from the firehouse on the same block as the hotel. We asked for the quietest room they could give us, and while we were away from the elevators, vending and ice machines, stairs, etc - there is just no getting away from those sirens.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 10th Street corner are at the mercy of the firetrucks coming and going from the fire st...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Jeri_Rowland,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some great feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know, we are located in a very vibrant and hip area of the city. The downside is that the noises of the city that make it so vibrant can be amplified in the evening when you are trying to get a good nights' sleep. I am excited to tell you that we have listened! We are now providing all guests with a set of earplugs to allow for a peaceful and tranquil nights' sleep. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Atlanta so you can enjoy the view... without the noise.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was marvelous. Very friendly and they could not do enough for me. The hotel is on the contemporary side. The room was very clean adequate in amenities and spaciousness - nothing over the top. The location was excellent for my purposes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Cathy M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Travels101. We welcome you back next time you're in town!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I purchased a travelzoo coupon for the Hyatt Hotel Midtown Atlanta when I tried to use it all rooms were booked so the coupon expired . The hotel is required to at a minimum give me credit on my room for the coupon amount. First I was told I could cancel the reservation up untill 4pm the date of arrival since I made my reservation so late , NOT TRUE!! I got charged full amount for the room 172 dollars and now they wont credit the travelzoo coupon amount . So people stay away from travelzoo and if Hyatt tells you something on the phone make sure tehy follow up with an email or that you record the conversation. THANKS HYATT AND TRAVELZOO, if i had 172 to throw away I wouldnt be using coupons

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Alyse S, Manager at Hyatt Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Ms. Rita N,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for all of us here at the Hyatt Atlanta Midtown Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have an extraordinary stay with us during your visit to Atlanta. I would like to discuss this further with you so we can get all the information and make sure that we, as an organization, learn from this experience. My email is yuki.yahata@hyatt.com
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is clean, well maintained and staff is super friendly. There is a full service bar and restaurant if you don't feel like venturing out. You'll pay for parking which isn't unusual in a downtown/midtown location. What I do find so unusual in this day and age is that there is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms! Yes, I am a lowly Gold Member, but I haven't stayed in ANY hotel over the last 5 years where I haven't had free Wi-Fi. This hotel should consider it. Wi-Fi basic is $9.99 a day...

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!