“Nice stay, love the location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3342 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Legendary Shopping!
Ranked #88 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Georgia
“Nice stay, love the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Pros: Hotel is in a great location, and the front desk clerk Dexter was great! Cookies are delicious and complimentary bath products were nice. The room is a nice size, and the bed was comfy. Cons: Old fashioned television, if you rent a movie in your room there is no way to pause and come back to it, charge for internet, no complimentary breakfast option, parking is $20 self park or $25 valet, dimly lit bathroom makes putting make-up on a bit difficult. Overall, this was an okay stay for us, but there are better opritons

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

stayed here on business. the bathroom had a funny 'smell' the whole time. only 1 man to valet cars when 10 people were checking in at a time. the situation had not changed the following day when we were leaving. the hotel bar service was OK. nice room service though. small bathrooms. the rooms are outdated. but an average hotel for business i suppose..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

(Really 3.5 out of 5.)

I stayed at the Doubletree Atlanta Buckhead over a weekend, in Friday, out Sunday. The rooms are pretty standard for a Doubletree property: comfortable, average size, and functional. The bathroom was, compared to most bathrooms I’ve been in, dimly lit but was otherwise fine. The common rooms were pleasant and flowed well. The hotel’s staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast in the Savannah Room was what one normally expects at a Doubletree but the staff were extra accommodating and made a point of offering cooked-to-order eggs, ommlets, and/or fresh waffles from the kitchen. While available at other Doubletrees, the guest isn’t always made aware of this. Making guests aware of this, even though it makes more work for the server, is a sign of a stand-out employee.

I paid sub-$100 for my room and felt like I’d gotten great value for my money; unless there’s a special event in town, anything north of $125 would have been too much to pay. I recommend this hotel if you need MARTA access, want to walk to shopping at Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza (about ¾ mile), have business in Buckhead, and as a good alternative to downtown or out-of-the-way suburban properties.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I am staying at the hotel now, and please take my advice and look elsewhere exclusively. I had actually been trying to avoid Hilton hotels since my fiasco at the Embassy Suites in Orlando but couldn't turn down the great rate at the Doubletree Buckhead.

I should have followed my gut and realized that there was a reason that the price seemed to good to be true. The service here is horrendous, possibly the worst of any hotel I have ever been to. Our check in clerk, Jeffrey (who seems like a nice guy) should not be permitted to work in a customer service field. Asking him questions is like dealing with an automated service on a 1-800 number. Every response is generic and fails to answer the actual question being answered. Meanwhile, the other woman behind the check in counter stood there twiddling her thumbs even though it was obvious that Jeffrey needed someone to hold his hand to get him through the conversation. When we tried to check in at 1pm, he told me there were no rooms available. Ok, fair enough, that happens. When we asked what time we could expect a room to be available so we could be back in time to get a king size bed, he repeatedly stated that check in time was 3pm. I get that buddy, but you (and all other hotels) still allow people to check in early when rooms are available. As a means of comparison, during my stay at the residence inn chicago last week, the hotel clerk apologized that a room was not available, assured me that she would set aside a king size bed, and proceeded to call me to let me know when it was available. I literally had to coax this guy into doing that. Umm, customer service Jeffrey, find another job in the hotel.

Needless to say, we come back to the hotel at 3pm on the dot and are told that we have a double bed room on the second floor with a beautiful view of a parking garage. When I ask about the king bed that I have requested, he states that it is unlikely because I booked through a discount site. Hilton, don't offer your hotels on discount sites if you're going to treat those customers like second rate citizens. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

I could go on and on forever about this hotel. Suffice it to say that there are much much better options around here, depending on your target price range. The Hyatt Place is more centrally located, has free parking and breakfast, and seriously superior customer service at a comparable price. If you're looking to stay at a nicer place, the Ritz Carlton buckhead is perfectly located, reasonably priced and you will never deal with bad customer service. Similarly, the Intercontinental is right down the road and the rooms are gorgeous.

Whatever you do, don't stay at this hotel. I've never been so adamant about a place in my life. Aside from the noted bed bug issues from previous reviewers, there is no need to deal with robots when you're checking in to the hotel. There are a dozen quality hotels within walking distance of the buckhead marta station (which connects directly from the airport), so choose anything but this place. Hope this helps.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I'm currently staying at the Double Tree in Buckhead and it's okay. If you're used to staying at more plush quieter establishments you may not want to stay here. I caught a deal on Travelzoo.com and that's how we ended up here. First, let me discuss the good things...
1. Location - if you're wanting to be in close proximity to Atlanta's finest malls this is a great place to stay. Phipps Place - awesome, Lenox Mall - decent. Depends on your taste
2. Valet Parking - because we had the Travelzoo deal, we were offered FREE Valet parking which was a perk. The valet staff was awesome - incredibly friendly.
3. Wi-FI - Know that this hotel does not offer free wifi - stinks! Luckilly, we were blessed with the comp code for free wifi - can you say favor!
4. Customer Service - decent - best experience was the valet staff. Front desk could have been a little more welcoming but oh well - everyone doesn't like their job what are you going to do!

Bad things...
1. Dirty Sheets - When we checked in, my boyfriend checked the bed for bed bugs, etc. and found that our sheets were dirty! OMG. Good thing housekeeping was right outside clearning when we checked in! She didn't speak English but she got those sheets changed immediately.
2. Noise - there must have been a wedding/event here but it was incredibly noisy in the hallways. Crazy people running up and down the hallways all night long - 1am! I was so upset! I've never experienced such a thing. My boyfriend called the front desk and we heard the lad telling them to quiet down or they would be kicked out. Least to say, that was last night - tonight the noise bandits are at it again.

Least to say, if I'm here on a budget then I'll stay at the Doubletree Buckhead, but if I have a few extra bucks - I'm staying down the street at the Ritz or something or even the Courtyard across the street - this is definitely not my first choice.

BirminghamAL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I spent four nights here on a business conference and enjoyed staying here. It was a business conference and the reservations were made by the home office. We had people coming from all parts of the country and were given a special web page to make our own reservations, This seemed to work well but on the night before my arrival I discovered that my reservations were cancelled. I later learned that this happened to several others in my group. Turned out that the reservation did not change to credit card used to secure our block of rooms to our own -- the numbers and name did not match and the computer automatically cancelled the reservations. A wonderful person at the front destk straightened mine out the night before. The rest when they arrived.

I drove from Birmingham and got lost because the mapping program gave me a wrong turn. When I called the hotel the man who answered very patiently guided me the last mile or so and stayed on the phone until I pulled up at the front door. That's what I call service.

I have medicine that must be refrigerated. They provided the small refrigerator and even had it hooked up and cooled when I checked in -- also waiting were their warm cookies.

Dated reception area? Some would call it that, but others spend a fortune to get the look of real wooden paneling that is throughout the reception / bar/ restaurant area.

We had a problem with the business center. It has two computers and a color laser printer in it. We needed copies of a document and e-mailed it to my account. I opened my e-mail and tried to print it an couldn't because their system would not allow me to open attachments (not even a word document). Their chief IT person took me back into his office and opened it on his computer and made the prints for us. He promised to correct this so guests wouldn't have this problem in the future and I expect they will. They went to a lot of trouble to accomidate our needs and this seems to be the overall practice of this hotel.

The breakfast buffet was very good. I was glad to see the fresh strawberries on it each morning. They rotate the entrees each day so you won't get bored. In addition to the buffet, they have cooked to order omlets every day, waffles, and eggs. On the first day I expressed my disappointment at the lack of sugar free syrup and they had it the next day. The area was large enough that there was never a waiting line, even when other large groups were there.

Yes, the parking was $20 per night if I parked it myself ($25 for valet parking). That's about average for downtown hotels these days. Their parking is a very secure parking deck about a half block from the front door. The in/out pass system is very easy to use and it took me less time to get the car than I would have had to wait for valet.

The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The television was the older style but the color was good. The air conditioner did a good job of keeping the room at a steady temperature.

One word of caution. The room had two bottles of water on a table. I looked but didn't see any price on them and thought they were part of the room -- only to find out when they slid the bill under the door the day I was to leave that they were $3.25 each. The front desk clerk believed me when I told her I didn't see a price and removed the charge.

I didn't have to pay for the internet. Not sure if it was because of my Hilton Honors number or because of the negotiations the employer made to book the rooms. The regular price was $9 - $14 a day.

The hotel is very conviently located with lots of nice resturants a short distance away. Krogers is only two blocks, as is Jason's Deli and other places.

I'm glad my employer picked this hotel. The staff did everything in their power to make sure everything went well. It's a nice place and I wouldn't mind bringing my wife back here for a vacation in Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

The Doubletree Buckhead more than met our requirements for a recent weekend visit to Atlanta. As other reviewers have observed, the public areas appear a little dated, but the rooms themselves are lovely, with extremely nice bedding, linens, and bathrooms. During our visit, the hotel was fully booked and thus somewhat chaotic and possibly a little understaffed for the number of guests. There were lines and checkin and for the elevators and the lobby and lounges always seemed to be noisy and crowded, not exactly what I had in mind for a relaxing weekend getaway. That being said, some staff members went out of their way to try and give individual attention. The location is terrific, no need to get in your car to see any of Atlanta's sights--though you pay a premium $25/day for valet parking.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!