“We'll Be Back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3342 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Legendary Shopping!
Ranked #102 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Georgia
“We'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

They recycle...need I say more? Well, I will. My family and I had a great stay at the Doubletree in Buckhead. We had two rooms with double beds. I was pleasantly surprised. We booked on Hotwire and with other hotels, I've often felt "less" of a customer and more of a nuissance. I even rushed downtown to check in at the hotel early because I knew we weren't going to arrive until later and I didn't want to take the chance that because we booked on Hotwire that we would hear, "No, we can't accomodate this or no we can't accomodate that." Well, after meeting the front desk staff and the type of service we received, I think I wasted my gas driving all the way down there to check in earyl. Everyone was very accomodating, even when we asked for a late check out. I checked in and rushed out, so I told them I would be back for my cookies later...and sure enough, they had them hot and ready when we arrived later that evening. At first look our rooms were wonderful and at second look even better. The beds were very comfortable and "felt" clean. You know how sometimes you go in to hotels and you aren't sure what you are sleeping on? For some reason, didn't have that feeling. Cozy, cozy and I slept better than a baby. The bathroom was great! Again, very clean. Bathrooms are one of those make or break deals for me in a hotel. It passed with flying colors. After a long day, the shower was awesome! Perfect temp and pressure and the towels...uuughh...the towels were huge! It was great! Nice marble touch to the bathroom and tile floors. The room was a great size. It has a desk, a sitting chair and an armoire with the t.v. Oh, and the thermostat is on the wall and on the unit. The unit was again, very clean - not yucky looking. Our view wasn't much, but we weren't there for the view...we were there for a clean, comfortable, pleasant overnight experience and that is what we received. We even ordered room service and the prices weren't bad (considering we stayed in our pj's) and it tasted great. Close to perfection, yes...there were a few cons...and Mr. Rossman, if you are reading this...what is up with the parking and the fees??? and the tv's...a little outdated, nice, but could use some update, I am not asking for HD or anything, but I wanted to at least hook up my portable DVD and I couldn't. We had two rooms and the other room had two issues that my daughter discussed with the front desk (nothing major), like mother, like daughter, and the front desk was very kind and helped iron out any concerns. OH, I almost forgot what I started with...they recycle! I noticed the trash cans have two sections, one for regular trash and one for recycling glass and plastic. WOW! This was my first time seeing this in a hotel. I am always saddened when I have to throw away recyclables when I am staying away from home. I am glad to see that Doubletree cares about the environment. Again, great stay! Good job Doubletree, you've earned business and word of mouth from a frequent traveler.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
drossman, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Good day TroupTravels!

Love the feedback, thank you! You hit on some of the things we are most proud of: staff friendliness, cookies and those comfy beds. And yes, I read every response on TripAdvisor. I hear you about the parking. Unfortunately, we do not own our own parking lot or garage and must purchase parking from these other buildings. That is what drives up the cost. We do check with our sister hotels in Buckhead and we are right in the middle as far as nightly valet and self-parking fees. As for the TVs, an upgrade to flat screen televisions with HD programming is in the works. We will announce the installation on our web site when it is complete. And lastly, we are very proud of our commitment to the environment and to divert waste from our landfills. In 2007, 6 pounds of trash per occupied room went into a Georgia landfill. Due to our recycling and food waste composting efforts, the 2009 figure was down to 3.3 pounds per room. Our goal for this year is 2.0 pounds. If you or other TripAdvisor readers have some great ideas from their travels, send them to me at drossman@doubletreebuckhead.com. Thanks again!

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Standish
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

The Front Desk Staff were appalling....extremely rude and unhelpful....the worst by far I have ever had to encounter on many visits to the US.
We had been marooned in Atlanta due to the volcano and sadly had been allocated this hotel by Hotwire.A dreadful place.Parking fees were extortionate and no free internet but appallingly no swimpool or recreational area.Access to a gym about half a mile away is a joke.
We will never return to this hotel that's for sure!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
drossman, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Dear SteveStandish

Please allow me to apologize for the poor stay you had with us. I am sorry that we let you and your family down during what was obviously a frustrating time what with the travel interruptions to Europe. Normally, we get raves about our front desk staff but we take all feedback to heart and work to improve. One thing to look for in the future is that we will start construction this summer on adding a fitness room inside the building which you and many other guests are sure to enjoy. Thank you again for your comments.
Walled Lake, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

We booked this hotel on the Hilton web-site about three months in advance. We pre-paid the room for $64.00 a night. The room was luxurious, the place was spotless and we were within walking distance of excellent shopping and malls. The complimentary cookies were excellent. The only downside was the quality of the buffet breakfast; I recommend that y ou go elsewhere for that. We had a large corner room. We loved it!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hello Michiganhoney

Love your moniker! As a native Michigander, I know exactly where Walled Lake is. People have no idea how beautiful Michigan is! Thank you for the review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. You will be glad to know that we are making lots of improvements to our breakfast buffet. One of our awesome cooks, Derrick, is now making home-made muffins for the buffet and they are great! We are also adding more cereals and juices along with a special hot item each day which can include croissant sandwiches and my favorite, biscuits and gravy. I hope to welcome you back soon!
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Booked this hotel on the Hilton website for a week's vacation back in November. Got a great
rate, was familiar with the Buckhead area of Atlanta, so I went for it. I was most impressed
with all aspects of this hotel. the service from check-in was attentive and full of Southern
Hospitality. Room was ready when I arrived - I booked the Deluxe large room which was
huge and exceedingly comfortable with a lage desk, sofabed, recliner with ottoman and a
fridge and microwave upon request.The wonderful wrought- iron bed put me to sleep in a wink every night, and the bathroom was well-furnished if a little small. As this hotel is not directly on Peachtree Street but on a cul-de-sac in a small corporate park the views are minimal but better with these rooms located in the front. The standard rooms in back overlook a parking lot next door. By the way, there is a delightful little park behind the hotel where you could while away some time and recharge; there is also a very moving 9/11 memorial in this same park
As I mentioned service was fantastic. My pre-ordered amenities were in my room and the
fruit/cheese plate I had pre-ordered was delivered to me within minutes of my entering the room! The hotel has a free shuttle taking you anywhere within a 3 mlie radius - the Lenox and Phipps Plaza shopping malls are within walking distance. The Atlanta History Center is a worthwhile visit but you need the shuttle for this.Of all the drivers that I used Aaron was the standout - very freindly, sociable and ready to take you anywhere at a moment's notice.

The main dining room open only for breakfast served up a plenitiful buffet for $9.95 - all the
usual fare but tasty and good to get you going in the morning. Lunch and dinner are served
in the lobby lounge off the entrance - food very good here too with a lot of selection. When I
stayed at the Doubletree there was a free cookout on Thursdays (don't know if this is sitll
the case though).

To those not familiar with Buckhead, it is, as I mentioned, a mostly upscale business - resi-
dential area with lots of great shops and restaurants within walking distance or using the
shuttle in addition to the aforementioned malls which are the largest in the Southeast. The
MARTA subway stop is less than two blocks away where you can be downtown in approx.
15 minutes and to the airport in around 30 minutes. Downtown and environs are where many
of the tourist sites are located and has undergone a huge renaissance since I was last there. The World of Coca-Cola, the Aquarium, Underground Atlanta, Centennal Olympic Park and the Museum of Patriotism are must sees in downtown and there are many other good res- taurants and clubs here as well. The MARTA stations are plentiful here and all over town for a quick trip back to Buckhead and the Doubletree. Much I liked downtown though, I prefer staying in Buckhead because of the more upscale enviroment and its relative distance from downtown which ensures a quieter, more restful stay. One other impression I must give is that I found Atlanta one of the cleanest and freindliest cities I have ever visited - I hope I would not be alone in this observation.

So my stay at the Doubletree Atlanta - Buckhead was everything I had hoped it would be and
more, and I would gladly consider it for a future stay in this fascinating city.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
drossman, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Dear intrepidtrav

So glad you enjoyed your visit to our fair city! Fodor's has nothing on your suggestions as you have mentioned many of my favorite attractions, Atlanta History Center, World of Coke, the (world's largest) aquarium. High praise I might add from a savvy traveler and Big Apple denizen. The next time you visit, take MARTA to the North Avenue exit and visit the Varsity for a chili slaw dog, strings and a VO. "What'll ya have?" Is anyone hungry?
Panama City, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My daughter wanted to go to Atlanta for her 18th birthday, so her and I and her boyfriend stayed at the Doubletree on 4/7/10-4/10/10. My rate was 42.00/night on priceline, and I must say I thought it was a fabulous deal. I was never treated like a "priceline customer" and since this was my first time I was very happy about that.

From the moment we pulled up we were treated like friends. Dexter, at the front desk is a wonderful asset to the Doubletree. He was friendly, and helpful, and always ready with a suggestion for a restaurant or activity. We checked in around 3pm, and had connecting rooms, one king and one double, which is exactly what I requested. We were in our rooms in less than 10 minutes from the time we walked in the door. The King room was huge with a couch that let out into a bed. A nice desk area, ergonomic chair, a big comfy chair and reading lamp. A nice big mirror with a bench. Also a nice big bathroom with a marble floor, and Neutrogena bath products and big fluffy towels. They also have the curved shower rods which I love. Being priceline customers, they are under no obligation to honor our requests, but they did honor them with a smile.

I thought the rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. But what made the entire stay so wonderful were the beds. None of us could wait to return to the hotel at night because we had the beds to look forward to. My daughter's boyfriend said it was "like being drugged". He says he never even remember falling asleep at night. They do that nice thing with the blanket where they tuck it between 2 very soft sheets. HEAVEN. And the pillows were fabulous as well. I always bring my own pillow (latex) on a trip but it was entirely unnecessary this time. I didn't have trouble getting everyone in bed, but I sure had trouble getting them OUT in the mornings.

The shuttle is nice, and we did take it to Lenox mall and The Cheesecake Factory. It's nice to have someone drive around. Especially if you're not from "The Big City". Its hard to drive and look at the same time, and with the shuttle, I could just take everything in.

We did not use the Internet as my daughter's boyfriend had a wireless card. But this is something I think most hotels should factor into the cost. It's a pretty standard issue nowadays. I won't be paying 10.00 a day for internet. But on the flip side, they had a business center that was never busy, so I could use the internet there when I needed to.

I know this is rated as a 3 star hotel, but it could in fact be more IF there was a pool onsite and parking was a either a little closer, connected, or less expensive. Any of the 3 would be an improvement. Also, the sidewalk needs a little attention. One night on the way into the hotel there was a loose cobblestone at the corner of the building and I tripped and fell flat on my face. ( I was absent the day they taught graceful.) Luckily I wasn't hurt badly...scraped arm, bruised and swollen, and just basically sore the next few days. I mostly hurt my pride. I did mean to mention it to the manager, but I didn't have a chance. Hopefully no one else will fall before that's taken care of.

Overall, a wonderful experience, minus the fall. It's a great area, I felt safe walking around at night. Very close to fabulous shopping. Wonderful staff, amazing beds. Would like to see this as a higher rating, but with the few issues, I understand why it's not rated higher. Don't hesitate to choose the Doubletree. And don't forget to have a cookie.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dear Ladybugsy

First of all, great screen name! Second of all, you could have a new career as a travel writer! A lot of great information and feedback which I appreciate. I will be sure to pass on the nice comments to Dexter, the housekeeping team and the van drivers. For hotels, the safety and security of our guests and employees is our top priority so if something like the trip and fall occurs, please let management know so they can make any needed corrections, thanks. Glad you enjoyed the beds and the cookies, they are keepers. Hope to see you and your family soon!
sweettee35
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

Wait the parking is a million miles away! The room they put us in was the last room of the hall and the front desk wasn't familiar with everyday knowledge of the from desk. The rooms were small and when we looked out of our window, we looked down in the dumpster in the alley! Wow very attractive! $63.00 hotel on hot wire! And $9.95 for internet is outrageous!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear sweettee35

I apologize that we let you down on your recent visit with us. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you. Please call me at (404) 238-0000. I look forward to speaking with you.
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

we've just returned from a fantastic stay at this hotel, we had 3 nights and then a further 2 on our return journey.

We had rooms on the top floor (6th) which were lovely. The beds were huge and were the most comfortable we've EVER slept in. We've stayed in a few other hotels of this star rating but this was the best.......and don't even get me started on the Cookies, I'm in soooo much trouble back in slimming classthis week!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear carolb

The best compliment is a return guest, so thank you!! Sorry that the cookies are so good. I will gladly write you an excuse note for your fitness coach. I hope to meet you the next time travel brings you to our neck of the woods. Say 'hey' to all our friends in the UK!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!