“Noisy and hot” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3342 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Legendary Shopping!
Ranked #102 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Noisy and hot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We did not get much sleep when we stayed here. There were trash trucks that came at around 4am. The room was very hot. The desk agent said the room had been updated but clearly the bathroom had not. It looked very old. The water pressure was terrible. We were supposed to stay two nights but decided to leave early since we were not getting any sleep.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Upon our arrival to the hotel, we were treated very well and the way the hotel accommodated the needs of our military reunion was phenomenal. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. I never had one problem and they were all courteous. We had an excellent hospitality room afforded us, they never bothered us about noise or rushed us out of the area. We actually invited some staff members to eat and party with us, when they got off work. They declined though. The location of the hotel is magnificent too. We could walk to many establishments and feel safe. Valet drivers were quick and courteous and very neat looking. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services, please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing us!
Newland, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel while visiting with family October 2 - 5, 2013. Check-in went well, but when we got to our room, we noticed a peanut under the desk. We did not notify anyone and expected it would be removed when the room was cleaned the next day. It was still there when we checked out on the 5th.

On the 4th we went to breakfast which had been quite enjoyable the morning before. However, when we got to breakfast, we found the service very slow. We had to wait for an exceptional amount of time on everything, unlike the day before. We found out that a tour bus had arrived and been allowed to check in. Their rooms were accompanied with breakfast, and the people decided to use that at check-in rather than the next morning, as is expected. The hotel was totally unprepared for what they allowed to happen.

The day of check-out, the car valet stand was being taken care of by only one person. Typically at check-out time hotels have at least two people man the car valet. There was no order, and, to no fault of the valet, he had no idea who was next in line for their vehicle. The wait was approximately 20 minutes after others who came after me got their vehicles first.

Also at check-out, the desk clerk noticed a mistake on my bill and autmatically ran my debit card a second time. This resulted in an overdraw on my account which, thankfully, I could deal with by shifting some money in my account. Had I not been able to do this, the action could have resulted in significant overdraft fees.

After repeated calls to the manager after returning home, no response has been received.

The hotel is in a very good location for leisure travelers, and we were looking forward to the stay, but the above noted instances and Doubletree's complete disregard with follow-up causes us to question stays at associated brands in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We've addressed our staff in regard to your review and the necessary changes will be made. We would love another chance to provide you with a great stay.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed her for work and really enjoyed it. The area is nice and I walked around a bit. The hotel is very typical for a DoubleTree - large suite rooms, manager's cocktail hour, big atrium area. My room was in the middle of the hallway right at the juncture of another hallway and next to where the cleaning people kept their supplies. I almost complained before I got into the room but since the bedroom is in the back and you can shut the bedroom door, I slept very well. I took a taxi from the airport ($50 or so) but when we pulled up I saw the MARTA station very close. If I had known I would have taken it for sure. I'm sure it didn't take too much longer. I didn't eat breakfast there. I did go to the Manager's Cocktail party and it was really nice - free drinks and snacks are usually nice though. :) Don't remember how much the company rate was but if you pay less than $150 it would seem like a good enough price to me.

Room Tip: Not as important here since all rooms have the bedroom in the back of the suite and you can shut off...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for writing. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding in town. The hotel was great, and I loved the room I was in! The king bed was a nice surprise after booking through a third party site, and very comfortable. My room was right by the elevator on the third floor, but honestly I did not seem to have much of an issue with noise.

Troy (I'm sorry if I'm wrong on the name!) was very friendly and checked me in without any issue. I enjoyed my famous Doubletree cookie and headed to my room. I utilized valet a good few times within the one night stay I was there, and it was a lot more convenient than parking and coming in and out frequently. I easily added it to my bill and covered it upon checking out. One of the valet even walked me to my car to get my phone charger at 3 a.m. when I returned from a wedding and realized I didn't have it.

Dexter was also very helpful and remembered my name upon returning to the desk! I also used the complimentary hotel shuttle which covers a 3 mile radius from the hotel. The location cannot be beat. It is a little off the beaten path which is nice, and very convenient to major shopping in the area (a shopping complex right next door and both Lenox and Phipps malls) as well as some of my favorites (Caribou Coffee, Highland Bakery, Cantina) and not far from a Kroger grocery store either for any little things you may need.

The only (VERY MINOR) problem I had was upon checkout when I had paid for valet and thought it had been called in from the front desk. There may have been some sort of miscommunication and it may have even been my own misunderstanding, but I was waiting about 15 - 20 minutes for my car and thought they had the information to collect it but did not. Once I let them know, it was pretty quickly brought to me, so it was fine.

Thanks for a great stay and I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will let the staff that you mentioned know that they helped you have a great time with us.
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel and staff were very nice. My experience was pleasant. The only drawback was the view from my 6th floor room. It was a view of the parking deck from my window. It was not a deal breaker for me, but if you really want to impress your customers, try to provide a nice view with the excellent room. I would come again, but would request a better view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon.
Montgomery, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Front desk, dining area and valet services were VERY good, however, stayed in Room 144 near a loading dock and the noise at night was unbearable. Lots of trucks arriving and unloading at 11:30 pm and 4:30 a.m.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed our service. We are very sorry about the outside noise. We will address this situation with or neighbors. We will get you a quieter room on your next visit.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!