“well located and friendly place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3342 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shopping Package!
Ranked #97 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Riedisheim, France
“well located and friendly place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was my third visit to Atlanta and my first to this area of hotels and commercial centers including the bulkhead mall and nice restaurants around. The metro station is not far. Well for me is a standard american hotel with a very good basic comfort. The desk staff is friendly as it is in most places in the US. My opinion about the quality of the breakfast is a bit different, it can be improved.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you found our desk staff to be friendly and we'll work on improving the breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
North America
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet, but the front desk staff made our wait a pleasant one by providing a wifi password and cookies to help pass the time in the lobby while we waited.
The hotel is clean and the staff professional. The breakfast is standard buffet or cooked to order and the hotel is located a short walk from many restaurants and shops.
There is either valet or self parking available depending on your preference, but either will cost you (unless you stay overnight Saturday and leave early Sunday like we did when the parking garage is opened up for members of a mega church to park in and there is no attendant to pay). The parking garage for self parking is unattached to the hotel, but is a very short walk and we didn't find it a hassle at all.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If possible, and I don't know if it is, ask for a room without an adjoining door. Ours was adjoi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Doubletree hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washinton DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ummmm So were do I start... First off I must say I am a HH member so I stay in Hilton properties a lot. I go with the pro's first since there are not to many

Pro's:
The valet services was the best I've dealt with in a while. Very fast.
The cookies I love love love the cookies at the DoubleTree.

And that sums up the pro's

Con's:
The rooms had very dim lighting. I had a hard time trying to apply make up with really no lighting.
The bathroom had no air vent.. It got so hot and stuffy in there I couldn't really enjoy my shower... I find this very odd for a hotel not to have a air vent in the bathroom.
Now to the worse part of my stay. They did not clean our room the whole weekend. They put a sign on our door like we did it say do not disturb... Really? Why wouldn't I want my room cleaned, my linen replaced, fresh washcloths & towels? We had to rooms & they did the same thing to both rooms.
The so called breakfast buffet is11.99... They don't have any turkey or chicken products so if your like me you will not benefit form this buffet.
We called for wash clothes & towels & they bought us all hand towels. Really by this point I was pretty much through with this hotel.

I must say that the management team did try to fix the problem by refunding us our parking fee... That was cool of him... But I will NEVER stay here again nor recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We're very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort is our number one concern and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Your comments will help us correct issues like this in the future. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with a great hotel stay. Thank you for your comments.
Greenbrier, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

While finding comfort and a very friendly staff the signage out front was poor.
The GPS brought me to the area but trying to see the sign on the tower sign was near impossible. Emblem to small and address number not visible from the turn you need to make.

Would I stay here again definitely since I know how to get to it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to send in a review of our property. We're sorry that you had trouble finding us but we're very pleased that you met our friendly staff. Now that you know where we are, please come back and visit us again. We look forward to seeing you.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It's in a great location in Buckhead. Far enough away from the main road that you won't hear too much road noise at night. Plus, you can walk to at least a half dozen really great bistros & restaurants easily. Go a little further, and your choices triple. If you're not up for a walk, use their shuttle service. It'll take you anywhere in a 3 mile radius, worked great for us - be sure to tip!

We booked the room on Hotwire, for 50% less than it was going on their own website. The hotel was worth what we paid, nothing more - here's why:

- The room was rather small, though recently remodeled. So recently, it stank of new carpet and paint. Gag!

- Turned on the A/C to help alleviate the odor, but it kept turning itself off. For no reason (we know how to operate hotel A/C units). Which meant we kept having to turn it back on multiple times that evening. Weird.

- The bathroom was clean and newly remodeled as well. It's not huge, or luxurious in any way. But it was clean and updated. But there was no fan, no way to circulate air. This could be a problem if you're sharing a room for many days...

- When we pulled up, there was no service to be found. No bellhop, no offer for valet parking. I wasn't sure where the parking was, so I had to go inside first to check in and ask. Once inside I waited to check in - which went quickly - got my cookie (yum!) and parked the car. Then dragged up our bags and our tired selves. I would've paid the extra $5 for valet, if it had been offered. I would've even tipped. Oh, well.

- After booking, I asked for a room in the front of the building as high up as possible. I was pleased to see that my requests were noted, that's exactly what we got.

- It became obvious within 1 minute of being in the room that the walls are EXTREMELY thin - we could hear the couple in the next room having a conversation. We weren't trying to eavesdrop (really!), and they weren't screaming - but there may have well not been a wall there. You will be able to hear everyone say anything in the rooms and hallways around you. Including bone-shaking door slams that started in the wee hours and never, ever stopped for long. (so much coming and going? Or cleaning staff?)

- There is a lobby "bar" that was well attended, full of a interesting mix of folks. For sure, it's not a destination - but a good spot to meet up and head out.

- What little interaction we had with the other staff was fine, front desk was fine. We ran into many members of the housekeeping staff on our floor - in the elevator - in the halls - and they were pleasant and friendly, saying hello and whatnot. But if you don't want to be awakened before you want to - put up the Do Not Disturb sign. They come knocking EARLY. So early, my eyes couldn't even focus on the clock. Too bad, we didn't get one of those handy signs.

It's a good, updated place to lay your head for an evening or two. But that's about it. Don't imagine any kind of grand comfort and the term "getaway" doesn't really apply (at least not to standard rooms). Plus, all the extra amenities that you may take for granted at similar hotels are only available for a hefty price. Coffee, breakfast, wifi, newspaper, parking, etc are all a la carte.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestrooms help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My friend and I decided to take a short trip to Atlanta for the weekend. We thought about staying at another hotel; but, we're glad we chose to stay at this location. There was a problem with the sink draining slowly, but the staff fixed it in record time. We'll definitely return to this location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the sink. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Chantilly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I won't be staying at this hotel again but they sure did make a good attempt at service. Problem is the hotel is in need of a major remodel.

They hit all the checklist service related items and shuttle was great but they really just need to put some more emphasis on room Quality Assurance. Toilet running, loud window AC unit, a 23 inch tube TV in the room (must be 20 years old).

Front desk and reception area service were fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM_DoubletreeHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our property. We are glad that you noticed our good service. We are in the middle of a major renovation of the hotel that will be completed in the next month. All of the issues that you mentioned will be addressed. We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!