“Old Rooms, Old Hotel, Not updated at all. Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3342 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Legendary Shopping!
Ranked #102 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Virginia Beach
“Old Rooms, Old Hotel, Not updated at all. Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night and got the room I reserved. The front desk staff was courteous and well prepared, the valet staff was also nice and well prepared. The hotel is old, and shows it's age pretty badly. I was pretty disappointed with the amenities of the room, the Old TV, the old furniture, old carpets, old HVAC, tobacco stained phone. The room was not bad, it didn't smell, everything worked, but it was overall just unimpressive. Don't get me wrong, I think it was okay...but that's all. If you want an okay room, and you get a good deal do it. You won't be disappointed, but this isn't anywhere near as nice as the other Buckhead hotels, hence the 3 rating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review and thank you for your very nice comments about our front desk staff and our valet staff. They will be pleased when they see this review. We are aware that the hotel needs to be renovated and upgraded, and we will be taking care of that in the coming months.

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Belchertown, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The thing with hotel reviews is this, you can only review it from your own experience.

Although I don't think I'd be honest in saying I had a bad stay, I also don't think I'd rush back. My room was clean, but not spotless. The toilet seat was up when I arrived - not sure why that bothered me, but it did. Generally, it was lower-average for cleanliness.

My room was loud. Like "Hi Neighbor" loud. I could literally hear every word that those in the next room had to say, and I'm sure it was the same vice versa. I also had the room directly next to the driveway for deliveries, and across from what I think was the laundry room or some other service room - so even though the bed was very soft and comfortable I didn't sleep very well during any of my three nights.

The TV was old, but worked just fine. I don't watch much TV from the side or back, so I don't really care how thick it is. There was no fridge, and no frills. Everything I needed was there... oh, but the lack of free wifi? A little annoying.

The staff was EXCELLENT. We had a little snag with them not being able to find the reservation of my colleague but Dexter went above and beyond to make her as comfortable as possible while we waited, and made sure to keep her informed as he solved the problem. And the other service workers did nothing to tarnish my experience. From the housekeepers to the doormen to the bartender, to the restaurant waitstaff. We were never asked to wait, or made to feel like a burden. Very Good Service.

The location was great - at least for me. The hotel is an easy walk to the best shopping Atlanta has to offer. And after having stayed downtown on several previous trips it was a pleasure to have more options for dinner, and to feel much safer.

Overall it's hard to say I was dissatisfied. I enjoyed the area, and I enjoyed the people. The room was a little... blah. But it is really my tough time getting a decent rest that drags my review (and thus willingness to return) down a notch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete, detailed review of our property -- this really helps. I am very pleased that you found all of our service staff to be excellent and that you liked our location. You noted a few deficiencies and I want to let you know that most of them will be corrected and upgraded during our upcoming renovation. We hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed at hotel for one night. Hotel staff was very professional and informative. Room was clean and quiet. Location was convenient to Chastain Amphitheater where Ms. Baker performed. Love the shuttle service. Walking distance to shopping, movie theater and restaurants

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for sending in a review of our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to taking care of you again on your next visit to our area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My girlfriend and her sister stayed here for a wedding. While they were staying at this hotel - Double Tree Buckhead - my GF's $350 diamond earrings were stolen, along with her sister's I-Pod. The saddest part is those earrings were a Christmas gift from me to her, and they were her only diamonds. It's a huge bummer to get something so sentimental and expensive stolen from a place that is supposed to be safe. Since the the room was locked, and the do not disturb sign was on the door, we can only assume there's a staff member at this hotel going from room to room while people are gone, going through their things and stealing them. I see the GM is on this board - if you read this - please let us know what the insurance policy is - or if there's any way of making us whole again.

Long story short:

Never, ever stay at this hotel. $350 sentimental diamond earrings stolen - and an I pod touch - probably another $300 +.

If you like your valuables, don't stay at this hotel, or don't bring them, or keep them on you at all times, because apparently this staff is dishonest.

Questions:

Are there cameras in the hallways? If yes, we'd like to review the footage with the general manager, If not, why?

Do the rooms have key logs? (A log of who has been in and out) Was a staff member in the room? If so, they are guilty, as the do not disturb sign was on the door the entire time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
First, I am sorry for your loss. I can certainly understand how upset you must be. We take these matters very seriously and will do everything we can to investigate this situation. We have already interrogated the door lock and no other keys, other than the occupants' keys, were used during the time period in question.

And, second, I was glad to hear that you have already spoken with our Director of Human Resources who works as our loss prevention coodinator. She will make sure that our insurance company reviews this situation and gets in touch with you to come to a resolution.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place was great but had no remote! but good. Have to pay to for breakfast:( Traffic is loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the free way
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments and I apologize for the missing remote -- this should not happen. Housekeeping promises me they will do a more thorough job in the future to make sure these types of items are not missing from the rooms.
Chattanooga, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We found this hotel to be a fine property, up to date, courteous staff, and decent rooms. The shuttle van (Bobby) took and picked us up from The Cheesecake Factory.

Room Tip: We found the dining room staff very courteous and accomodating.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very nice comments. Bobby was thrilled when he saw that he had been mentioned, especially since we give an employee a bonus each time he or she is mentioned positively.
oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at the hotel about 3 weeks ago. I had to call twice between 2-3AM because of extreme noise. They put me on hold. Noise violation happened again the second night. I asked to speak with the manager but she was not availble at the moment. I left my number. she never called me. I called her two days later.. she said she'll call me back, she never called me. This was one of the worst customer service! Ill never stay at Doubletree or hilton ever again.

Room Tip: I stayed at the hotel about 3 weeks ago. I had to call twice between 2-3AM because of extreme noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Please accept my sincere apology for the noise problems you experienced at our hotel. This is not acceptable and should have been taken care of at that time. We will make changes with our security department to make sure this does not happen again. Please come back and visit us again so that we can show you the improvements that we've made.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!