“Like sleeping on the ground” 2 of 5 stars

You added Courtyard Atlanta Vinings to your Saves list
Courtyard Atlanta Vinings
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2857 Paces Ferry Road SE, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Ranked #116 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Like sleeping on the ground”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Beds are horrible. Save your money and back. I did get up in the middle of the night and got some rest on the couch. I still would have preferred the car. Ive always had good luck with Marriott's. Im very disappointed. Beds had to come from a dumpster.

• Stayed June 2013
Chas S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

I do empathize with your comments regarding the beds at a hotel. I feel the same way when I travel and get a "bad" bed. I will say that our bedding is up to Marriott standards but there is nothing like "my own" bed for getting a good night's sleep. I will attend to the mattress that is in the room that you stayed in and we wil turn and flip it so we can provide the best product that we can.

Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Appreciate the breakfast buffet, but food was pedestrian and the prices too high. Competition offers free breakfast, so needs to be more value priced. Hotel Staff was friendly and attentive so that made the experience worthwhile.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

After a long day working, I could not find this hotel with my GPS. When I found the hotel it was in a nice area with different shops around and places to eat. Staff was nice and check in was Speedy. Rooms were nice and cozy and the bed was so comfy.It was everything I expected from a Marriott brand.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Love the location; it looks like a bed and breakfast from the outside and there are plenty of amenities if a little works needs to be done in the room. There were several places to eat within walking distance. The first room they gave us was near the AC units and we asked to moved and they did so graciously. The Sunday brunch the next morning was very good. I think we've found our go-to hotel for overnights in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 1 level near AC units.
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The location of this hotel was the best part for me! The minimal encounters with the staff went well. The bed was definitely not the most comfortable thing, needs replacement. The bar was a joke though. The bartender (if we can really call her that) was very friendly, however it's clear she'd never worked as a bartender before (the poor girl didn't even know how to open a bottle of wine!) The horrible part about the bar though was what had to be the ice bin. We had A LOT of gross floatie things in my first drink (thought maybe it was the glass) so I just switched to wine instead since she didn't know how to make my drink in the first place. Then my husband ordered a mixed drink and his glass had the same nasty floaties, so we are thinking it must have been in the ice/ice bin. It was seriously disgusting. I feel bad for the gentleman that ordered 2 mixed drinks right before us, hope he noticed before gulping them down!

I got a great rate on Priceline, but if I had paid more I would not have been happy with the hotel. Location was great, and I love the little birds they have in the lobby area.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Location, location location...This hotel holds twenty years of fond memories..I will always love it, however, the breakfast was cold - well the bacon was and that's terrible in my eyes...The help yourself coffee wasn't inviting enough (not obvious.) The room was comfortable and clean. My table in the resturant was dirty (I used to work for the health dept., so, I'm forever checking these things out - sorry!) Agreed, the server explained that a previous server wasn't conscientious enough with checking and cleaning! The whole experiance was and always is a calm oasis with friendly staff...Thank you for nice memories.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

THe employees that I met while staying there this past week made the place much better. Better than fair price for what they offer. It was clean, and typical for this price level, but for me the people made the difference. I was put off at first by breakfast not being included, but it was worth the price and I assume the this keeps the room rate down.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chas S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our associates do make our hotel outstanding. I appreciate your comments about the service they provided you made your stay enjoyable. We do offer a room package that has breakfast included in the overall price.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Vinings? Share your experiences!