“Friendly People--good value” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2857 Paces Ferry Road SE, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Ranked #117 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Friendly People--good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

THe employees that I met while staying there this past week made the place much better. Better than fair price for what they offer. It was clean, and typical for this price level, but for me the people made the difference. I was put off at first by breakfast not being included, but it was worth the price and I assume the this keeps the room rate down.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chas S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our associates do make our hotel outstanding. I appreciate your comments about the service they provided you made your stay enjoyable. We do offer a room package that has breakfast included in the overall price.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Courtyard but well kept. This property is actually nicer than some newer Courtyards I have stayed at.

The layout of the hotel is a but spread out with long hallways. The view from my room (416) was of the woods - which was peaceful.

In the morning - it was easy to hear people leaving their rooms and housekeeping knocking on doors. This was a bit annoying.

The room itself was nicely appointed - mini-fridge was nice to have as well. The king room include a sofa bed which is nice to relax on while watching television.

The bathroom had the sink and mirror outside from the toilet and shower which is preferable when sharing a room.

Did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but area was busy on the weekends.

The location is great in the middle of Vinings. Plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance - as well as shops and bars.

Overall great hotel - would recommend for future visitors.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us this month. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations in almost every way and will recommend us to future visits. I will disuss the noise in the hallways during check out times with Housekeeping. Thank you for letting me know.

Again, thank you for your review and we will look forward to your next visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice room, bad gym....but well located near restaurants. Overall a decent place to stay - but it's an old style, not new style Courtyard. It's not a bad place to stay. The gym needs updating. They do have a full service restaurant - but i didn't eat there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chas S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear, Guest,

Thank you for you comments regarding your stay with us. You are right, we are not the new style Courtyard but we wil be renovating in upcoming six months to one year. At that time, the fitness center will be updated with more space and a few newer machines. We will be getting the latest and greatest Courtyard package in the rooms, restaurant and public space to enhance our guest's experience.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Trinity Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were here for a the big south volleyball tournament . The hotel was very nice , clean & about 8 miles from downtown. Rate was great considering 1200 teams were in town & the final 4 was coming up. Very home type feel. Their are a few things I'd change if I were the manager / owners is th breakfast. Buffet style and its link $12 a person. Maybe 6 to $8. But not worth $50 for 4. People that eat & run don't eat that much to justify the price. The other thing I'd change is to research your in house guest & what your occupancy will be for the following night. Our tournament ended on Easter Sunday. Many parents did not want to drive back to tampa & other places 8 plus hours away on a holiday. Their rate doubled thus everyone checked out. We stayed as we were beat! i will say i asked for a lower rate & they worked with me to a rate i accepted. I asked the front desk if they were sold out the next morning for that night & she said no it just goes up to a corp. rate for business people. If they would have given or extended our rate to all of our teams , parents & players their hotel probably would have been sold out. I feel this was a big mistake on their part losing them a bunch of $$$ as when you have paying folks in house that want to stay & no reservations or limited ones for the next day. Again just a research on who's coming , who would possibly stay , could have had this hotel full for another night. When we left the following day , it was dead empty. Regardless I suppose that's their call. All in all this is a great hotel & we will gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: They were all nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chas S, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel and the service that we provided during the Big South Tournament. I appreicate your feedback and would be glad to share it with my staff. I do agree that we missed an opportunity for stay over guests by not adjusting the rate down due to the Holiday. I take responsibility for that miss and maybe I was the one that gave you the rate that allowed you to stay one more day. I was here on Sunday and did make some adjustments for stay over guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again for next years Big South Tournament. I will have a nice rate loaded in if the tournament is over Easter again so some folks can stay an extra day.
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Courtyard. Beautifully landscaped around the pool area with waterfall flowing into the hot tub. However, the reason you are staying at a hotel is you need somewhere to sleep.

I have never slept in a more uncomfortable bed in my life. I might as well have been sleeping on the floor- it was that hard. It seemed the bed was assembled wrong as every time you got up from the bed, you could here a cracking sound. Very strange. A/C unit was very loud.

The last day, we realized too late that the cleaning crew "forgot" to give us any bath towels. It took 2 calls to the front desk to finally have some delivered. That is inexcusable.

On the bright side, the rooms were clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast buffet was very nice. The people working in the hotel were exceptionally friendly, always greeting you with a big smile.

Room Tip: If you can, check the bed before you accept the room. Our bed was exceptionally uncomfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the comfort level of the bed. I can empathize with you about the bed becasue I had a bad bed on my last business trip I took last week. I couldn't sleep either. I know that beds are subjective to each guest and understand the importance of it as it relates to sleeping. We rotate and flip the mattresses as often as we can to enhance the comfort of each one. I will inspect the mattresses in the hotel to ensure that they are up to standard for the remainder of our guests.

Thank you again for your comments. I would be delighted for another opportunity to earn to your business.
Monroe township
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

It might seem strange titling a hotel review highlighting wifi, but lets face it....if you can't work in your room due to poor Internet, it makes it hard to come back. I used to stay at this hotel years ago. It is much improved with exceptionally clean rooms, and great service that it always had. The bartender and breakfast servers have been there for years, and they are all great! And now the wifi is near the speed of my high speed cable at home! Lightning fast. I was able to easily send and receive some larger files to our china office with no problem. Them, when I was done working, could easily stream amazon videos on my ipad. We pay a bit more to stay here but if you're like me and you work in your room at night with the need for good Internet, its worth it.

Room Tip: Don't get 1st floor room. You need to go up some steps....with no ramp or elevator. So you n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in the Vinings area of Atlanta for one night on 12/15/12. I was in town for a company holiday party that was being held close by - my stay, while very short, was very comfortable. Per the other reviewers notes, not all rooms are equipped with microwaves and the restaurant is only open certain hours of the day so I'm not sure if this would be a good place to stay for more than a day or two. My room faced the inner courtyard pool area and you could hear any noise from people outside. Since I was here in December obviously no one was AT the pool but I imagine in the warmer months it could get pretty loud so just be wary of that. The hotel itself was very clean and decorated lovely for Christmas; the room and bed were very comfortable and clean as well. This hotel is within walking distance to a few restaurants, bars and a Quik Trip gas station so it's a good place to be if you don't have a rental car, like myself. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Overall, it was a good place to stay for the night but there are certain traveler amenities that are missing that could get annoying after a few days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Vinings? Share your experiences!