“Good luck if you try to watch TV at night” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #125 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good luck if you try to watch TV at night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was in the area on a sales call with one of my coworkers who prefers the Marriott chain so he recommended that we stay at this location as it was convenient for our meeting the next day. First hand the hotel looked very nice and the room seemed very comfortable. However when I tried turning the TV on there was no signal. So before going to dinner I asked the person at the front desk to have somebody fix the issue. Upon my return the issue was still not fixed. I called down several times but there was no answer. Finally Jordan Warren answered the phone and told me that the part of the hotel that I was staying in was not having and signal and that the cable company was notified and they will come out later this week to fix the problem. So he told me that he could not do anything to help me. I asked to get a different room but he claimed that the hotel was fully booked and that there was nothing that he could do. With customer service like this I seriously doubt that I will ever return to this location.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chas S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us last week during your visit to Atlanta. We value the feedback that receive from our guests.

Our associate was correct that we were experiencing some signal problems with a few of our televisions, however, not offering you some type of resolution for you not being able to watch television is not acceptable. Not having television is a big inconvenience for our guests because I watch a lot of television when I travel and stay in hotels so I can understand your frustration. I apologize for not having a solution for your television issue during your stay but we are currently working with our vendor to ensure that this issue will be solved. I will make sure that I share your comments with our Front Desk team to better serve our guests.

Again, I apologize that we were not able to provide some type of resolution for the television issue that you experienced during your stay. I would appreciate another opportunity to provide you lodging when your travels bring you back to Atlanta. I know that this is not the typical level of service that we provide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lago Vista, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Customer service was excellent from the staff. Otherwise, there could be a few improvements made at the hotel.

Upon checking in, we were given a room on the second floor, down a long, winding hall, and realized that we'd been assigned a wheelchair-accessible room (noted by the shower with no enclosing walls or entrance way). I also noticed that the tile floor coming out of the shower was slightly sloped, presumably for drainage. Oddly though, there was no drain in the floor where the water would have gone. The other puzzling thing we wondered: if someone were confined to a wheelchair needing easier access to facilities, why would such a room be place so far from the elevators?

We went down to the front desk again, informed them of our findings, and they assigned us a different room, without the wheelchair-accessible features. The room was comfortable with a king-size bed, and had a nice layout. There was a mini-fridge inside a lower cabinet, which nicely came in handy during our stay there. Above that was a little coffee set-up, which seemed nice at first. However, the usefulness of the slide-out tray it sat on was not helpful since the electric cord from the coffee maker was too short (from where it plugged into the wall) to let the machine slide out to pour the water into. We opted at first for the coffee at the breakfast buffet downstairs, but it was really awful - could not drink more than a couple of sips. Luckily, we found a Starbucks just down the block.

We had been misinformed (not by the hotel) that the pool was heated, so my niece was ready to swim. Sadly, that was not the case. The pool itself looked clean and clear - just too cold - but the hot tub was green with algae build-up.

Overall, the hotel was clean and comfortable, but could definitely use some improvements in a few areas. At this point in time, I would not recommend it - there are other nice options in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
1,271 reviews 1,271 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here one night on a business trip to Atlanta. This is not a traditional Marriott from the exterior but has all of the traditional amenities. It has a very nice lobby area, fantastic staff, sufficient business center, free internet in the room, and a restaurant on site.

I had trouble connecting to the internet. Coffee in the lobby was nasty. Room was clean. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Shower had plenty of pressure and hot water. Room rate was on the high side IMO.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
annandale, virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed two nights for a wedding. The room was fine - clean, decent size, good storage space. You overlook either the parking lot (lots of trees around it) or the pool/courtyard. Neither is a fabulous view but neither is bad. The pool has a small waterfall that is surprisingly loud, but it is off at night.

There are enough restaurants around the hotel, some within walking distance. There are also stores nearby and it is close to I-285. It is a little tricky to find - it is in a suburban/office park type area.

The service was mediocre. The front desk was polite and got me checked in quickly. The housekeeping staff did a good job but was annoying. They began knocking early (9 AM or so) and asked me if I was checking out everytime I opened the door.

Didn't eat at the hotel, so I'm not sure how the food is.

Room Tip: I would avoid the first floor - a bit noisy. Beyond that, you get a "tree lined parking lot&qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and had a very pleasant experience at this hotel where all the out-of-town wedding guests were set up. The hotel was not easily found by Garmin GPS which thought the hotel was on the train tracks a block from the hotel. We called the hotel and they directed us to their location which is across from the QT and voila! there we were.
We got a room on the front of the building but when we asked for the more scenic location looking out to the swimming pool, we were immediately accomodated. The room is large with a sofa which was great for lounging and enjoying evening cocktails. The room was quite spacious in general. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous as well. In fact Stan the engineer rescued us from a jam we got ourselves into even as he was leaving for home at night...service with a smile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Family of four with teenagers. Stayed for four nights at ver reasonable rates. Rooms are typically american suites. Free coffee making facilities all day and there seemed to be free cakes as well. Didn't do breakfast as preferred to go out. Nice little restaurants nearby and big mall about 5 min drive away. Reception staff very helpful, never an issue when we asked for anything. will stay again if in the area. pool hours were flexible and as long as there was not a big crowd they let you stay till midnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I want to start off by saying, be careful how you read reviews.... I was a little hesitant when booking (2) rooms, after reading the previous reviews. My expectations were over-exceeded!!

I was in town for a family wedding at the The Vinings Club (next door to this location). We all arrived on Friday (9/14), after traveling from all over the US (New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas & more). Once we arrive we were greeted by a friendly staff. The (2) Double rooms were next to each other and the location was perfect (at the end of the hall next to the door). Our rooms were clean, tastefully decorated and nice and cozy. We like that the bathroom sink was outside of the bathroom door (toilet & shower), which made it quite easy for a room of (3) persons and a room for (2) persons. The lobby was quite spacious and tastefully decorated. We really enjoyed the cozy feeling of this location, (outdoor chairs, balcony’s, etc.).

I would strongly recommend staying at this location. My top reasons are the following: 1. Location-Location-Location (close to major highways 85 & 20), 2. Clean & Cozy environment, 3. Friendly Staff & 4. Close to grocery store, gas station, drug store, etc.

I will tell others about this location and stay here again in the very near future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Vinings? Share your experiences!