“Get a room not facing the pool if sleep is important before 1130pm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Atlanta Vinings

and 1 more site!
You added Courtyard Atlanta Vinings to your Saves list
Courtyard Atlanta Vinings
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2857 Paces Ferry Road SE, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Ranked #117 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Oakville, Canada
“Get a room not facing the pool if sleep is important before 1130pm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Room was clean, & ready for my early check-in. Staff were friendly & there was lots of parking included in the price. Pool area is quite nice, which attracts a lot of people and makes it very noisey if you are trying to get to sleep.

Restaurant is only open for breakfast, but don't worry there are restaurants in walking distance.

Ask for a room not facing the pool if you are on business, if you have kids that want to use the pool ask for ground level facing the pool that way they can walk right out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the pool!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I just returned from a business trip in Atlanta where I stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott in Vinings. Note that this is on Paces Ferry Road SE - that was not in the address and caused me grief in finding the place. I would consider this an average business hotel with some points good and some points needing improvement. Since I didn't see a recent review when I was planning this trip, I will share more about my observations and experience here.

As usual, my main concern is the bed and quality of sleep I got. I have a feeling it was more me this trip than the bed, but instead of having issues with sleep just the first night, I was up and down all night each of the three nights I stayed here. I found the bed comfortable enough and clean. (I always examine the bed to make sure it is clean and not a concern for any surprises. It was acceptable.) However, I would rate the Hilton beds better than the one I slept in here. But it was OK and they were generous on the pillows.

One annoyance for me was the internet connectivity. Let me note it very clearly here for other business people like me in a similar situation. I travel with a computer that does not have wireless. I depend on a wired connection. The hotel had a connection for a wired internet connection in the room, but when it did not work and I asked at the front desk, they immediately told me that they did not have wired internet connectivity. That is a huge negative for business people since there are times when someone may need a large file and wireless is not friendly to long downloads. So if you need wired internet connectivity, check ahead to see if this is resolved or look elsewhere.

The air conditioning was LOUD. I could not complain about hearing anything from the adjacent room since the air conditioning would surely have drowned out any conversation, television or other noise from adjacent rooms.

If you are going to be here a long stay and like HD Television, look elsewhere. This is one of those hotels that has the nice flat panel televisions, but does NOT subscribe to HD service making the screen fuzzy. I also found the reception marginally acceptable. This is not your hotel if you watch television.

I am not disabled, but I found something poorly designed when I left the hotel with my rolling bag. I looked for the ramp so I could roll my bag and I could use the ramp well enough, but at the foot of the ramp,. where there has at one time been a wheelchair parking spot, there was instead a huge SUV blocking the end of the ramp. So much for appealing to those who are disabled.

Gosh I have been so critical, you might ask, what did you like? well, there were some good points about the hotel. I found the design of the hotel very good for not hearing the water running in the bathrooms. This is one of those hotels built the old fashioned way to obscure the water flow in the pipes so that it did not bother people in the rooms.

A very positive aspect of this hotel is the restaurant for morning breakfast. I was given a coupon for a free breakfast each of the three days I was here and the service both at the buffet and by the staff in the dining room was superb. It far exceeded my expectations and would influence me to stay here again since it is always good to have a nice breakfast in the morning and the food was delicious and fresh. On this, you have a good choice.

Parking was abundant.

On two of the three nights, I heard children running in the hallway, but not so much that it bothered me. however, it should be noted that they do appeal to families and if you need to do some serious business, be aware of this.

Finally, the front desk team was nice and hospitable - helpful. They were kind and considerate to guests.

My overall take away on this hotel is that it serves its purpose as a business hotel and I might consider it again, but I would only consider it average in view of the TV service, the noise of the A/C, and the average quality of the beds. Just remember that SE - it is important when you program that GPS or look it up in the yellow pages on the GPS when you rent the car.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Hudson Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

After reading some of the reviews, I made this reservation in the area as 'the lesser' of evils of various places. I was pleasantly suprised. The hotel is different looking than many Courtyards, situated on a bit of a hill, with different levels. The lobby/checkin area is not particularly spacious, but I don't hang out at the check in.!

The hotel was easy access of the interstates. It was easy to get around this north of Atlanta suburbs. There seemed to be plenty of local restaurants and chains nearby. I didn't use the hotel's breakfast (not included)

I had a King room. It was nicely appointed, very clean. The bathroom was reasonable in size, with the sink outside the main area. There were the normal toiletries provided. The bed was nice an comfortable. The housekeeping was very good.

I may have given the property 5 stars but for the internet connection. I am not a techie, but it slowed down to a crawl during the early to late evening hours, so much so that one night, I went to Paneras (a few blocks away) to log on to their free wifi. I needed to input material daily to my company daily, so this was an important issue for me.

If you are not bothered by the slow internet, then this would be a fine place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Raymore, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel is in a nice part of town. It is very nice and suited our needs fine. We drove all day and pulled in here as we had made advance reservations. We ordered Pizza and had it delivered to the pool for dinner. The place seemed very family friendly.
Pros
-Nice location, close to highway, area seems nice
-Hotel was clean and upscale. Very inviting
-Room was fine. We had a king with a pullout for the kids. Very clean, no problems with anything.
-Great pool. Kids enjoyed it after a long travel day.
Cons
-Kinda pricey, but probably worth it
-Why would a 2 Queen room cost more than a King room?
-Pool was hot and spa (smaller pool) was cold? It was fine but seemed kinda reversed.
-There really weren't any negatives that we found in our short 13 hour stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rochester ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband ,son and I spent almost a week there at the beginning of July,for a baseball tournament. While the design and location were quite nice , the cleanliness and room size left something to be desired. The breakfast was not great, the laundry broke down as did the air all day on a day it was almost 100! Plus only a brief apology was issued. With all the choices in hotels in Atlanta you would think they would try a little harder.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have stayed extensively in the Galleria/Vinings area and have been looking for a change. Chose Courtyard Marriott this time. Awesome location, right in Vinings, short walk to Orient Express Sushi which I love!

Very nice rooms, massive bed, good TV and bathroom.

Very good exercise room. Pool/spa outside very nice.

Breakfast surprisingly good, cooked to order omelette was brilliant!! and cheap at $12 for full hot brekky.

Staff very helpful, free internet in rooms, also in lobby. Free parking.

I will definitely be staying here from now on!

Great Irish pub and another bar across the road. Small bar in house.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed at the courtyard in Vinings for a Wedding that I was attending and the stay was one of the best I have had in a long time...I have been to several courtyards and this one was like no other that I had visited. The staff was great the service was exceptional and we were very happy with the updated decor. This was just a great place and hopefully plan to stay again if we are back in the Atlanta Area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Vinings? Share your experiences!