“Sad to leave!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Sad to leave!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We travel a lot and have stayed in wonderful hotels - including many Ritz Carlton's - all around the world... This IS the best hotel we have ever stayed in! Being sad to end a vacation is one thing, but feeling slightly emotional about saying farewell to hotel staff - because we were continuing on with our trip... That's just rare! We travelled as a family - having had a hideous baggage loss experience on top of Atlantic flighing jet lag, and we were just so cosseted and well cared for from the moment we arrived that it really softened our 'rough' landing in Atlanta. We love Atlanta and have spent many many holidays there, but Ritz staff still managed to introduce us to new places and Lucia in the Executive Lounge even went so far as to supply me with printouts of recommendations to take along to our next stop in CA! Everything about this hotel works - amenities, facilities, cleanliness, food quality and proximity to everything. But even more importantly, the Ladies and Gentlemen who work here are spectacular! Service is unsurpassable and the warmth and extra mile care that abounds here is difficult to go without! I am sorry that I don't remember the names of all the lovely ladies who took care of us in the Executive lounge Lucia, Ally and your wonderful colleagues (my sincerest apologies because you are all fabulous) and thank you for finding Nutella for us when you overheard my son - ask me about this. I strongly suspect that someone ran out to get the huge jar that showed up later!
We were too jet lagged to be able to enjoy popcorn and movies at the pool on Friday night, but still managed to get popcorn sent to the room! What a special touch for families!
Also, the valet staff need to be recommended, not just for their speed and charm, but also the many many many discussions they happily had with my son about the FIFA World Cup, teams, etc etc etc.
We cannot emphasise enough what a grand and wonderful hotel this is, nor thank all the staff for every kindness, indulgence and care shown to us. You have raised the bar and our expectations considerably! You are perfect!

Room Tip: I doubt any room would be particularly noisy, the only noise we ever heard was 4th of July fireworks...
Green Features: Top notch. They have notices for guests and information in rooms and on sites.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Buckhead is a great location in Atlanta and the hotel is right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of the area. Upon arrival the staff will greet you and assist in any way necessary. They have been there for a long time and if you come back again - they will recognize you and make you feel at home.

This particular Ritz is beautiful but not pretentious. The dining and lounge areas are well situated with excellent options and friendly, attentive staff.

Rooms are clean and I love the beds, bedding, and pillows. Service is stellar and available, or not, based on your preferences.

Whether visiting with family or for a business trip, this hotel is an Atlanta fav of ours!

• Stayed June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked our 24th wedding anniversary celebration under the RC 30th Anniversary package which includes champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose-pedal turn down & breakfast. When arriving we were swarmed by staff and attendants (a little overwhelming) & my poor husband shoveling out dollars bills as fast as he could. The room was average and the view below average as the windows were so dirty. In my opinion, the bed was horrible and feather pillows even worse. Our surprise of champagne, etc was supposed to arrive around 9:00PM (after dinner) but arrived at 10 'til 5:00 and again at 5:45...No, it's supposed to be at 9:00! not to mention being interrupted three (3) different times for sodas? ice?. When returning that evening the "champagne" (actually sparkling wine) & strawberries (frozen) were found on the counter & no rose-pedals; to top it off we were told we could order anything at breakfast but at check out we had a charge of $ 11.50 for pancakes and when we arrived home we learned we were charged an additional $ 67.72 for breakfast. Valet parking had my car (a convertible) parked out in the sun on top a parking deck, Noise from young guest fighting & crying in hallway and staff having to throw out a loud male guest plus doors slamming made us think. Not impressed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheila B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (404) 348-5754. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Sheila Buciuman
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We usually don't stay in a place as nice as the Ritz when traveling but my husband and I recently stayed here for a conference I needed to attend. Located right in the middle of Buckhead, the hotel is convenient to many restaurants, shopping centers, and directly across from Lenox Mall! My husband had NO problems finding things to do when I was in sessions or connecting with others.

Every staff member we encountered spoke to us. Even if it was just a "having a good day?" or "good morning" it was always said with a smile. When we pulled up to check in, there was someone ready and waiting with a luggage cart. The car was unloaded within minutes and they were driving off to park it for us. I wish there had been more options for parking. We could get used to valet, but it's very expensive. The in-out privileges for self-parking are terrible though.

The room was immaculate as far as cleanliness goes. I was sad that they had no microwave or fridge inside. Since we were staying multiple days, these are "must haves" for me. Not exactly sure the room type we were in, since we had a special rate for the conference. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. There was plenty of room to put our luggage and all of the swag I collected from brands at the conference.

My husband made good use of the pool and fitness room. He commented that he enjoyed both.

I cannot wait to stay there again, as well as check out other Ritz Carltons in other cities when we travel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We arrived at the Ritz-Carlton late at night after leaving a wedding event. We were a bit disheveled because the previous hotel had lost their water, a/c, etc. (Although they still managed to produce a very nice wedding.) We were greeted warmly from the moment we stepped out of the car, through check-in, and I had a pleasant talk with the bellman, Michael, while waiting for final aspects of check-in. Michael not only helped us get settled, but also saw to our special needs for the room so that we did not have to make additional phone calls to housekeeping, etc. The room was beautiful, the beds fantastic, the amenities the best, and everything else was all that one would expect from a Ritz-Carlton. An excellent breakfast arrived right on time. Our breakfast in the room was included in the room rate. My only suggestion is that the pre-order menu for breakfast should be redesigned as it is difficult to fit in a la carte items. Our waiter was quick to fill in the missing items needed, however. I also love that the food is served in a way that keeps it fresh and hot. When we left we spotted Michael again who came over to find out how we enjoyed our stay and wished us a safe trip home. Because we stay in so many hotels, this interest and concern for guests is noticed and appreciated. It is just the kind of thing that makes us want to stay at this particular hotel again. I should also note that we were among at least 5 couples from the wedding that raced over to the Ritz-Carlton as soon as we could that night. We were all busy texting our delight with the decision! One more thing, the reservationist was exceptionally understanding of our situation and made several suggestions about our late booking that saved us a number of charges. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time to enjoy the hotel and staff, but that will be on another visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This weekend was my birthday . We booked this hotel hoping for a luxurious room and sumptuous spa . We were at the hotel all of an hour . We were taken to our room and appalled. The bed skirt was stained, the chair was so old it looked like it was from goodwill. The sheets were grayish white and the 'decorative scarf " at the end of the bed was pilled and polyester. We went to see the spa (since we realized we couldn't hang out in our room and the "lounge area" had reclining chairs and blackout shades similar to the chemo- room at Sloan -Kettering . We quickly booked a stay at another hotel in Atlanta and ran out of there. I am shocked that a hotel in that condition could be called a ritz- carleton.I will certainly be nervous about staying at any Ritz if this is considered the standard. What a terrible experience ,

• Stayed June 2014
E_Schinnerl, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your time to provide feedback. I would welcome to discuss your comments further with you and can be reached at erwin.schinnerl@ritzcarlton.com or at (404) 240-7030.

Warm regards.
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here for my wifes birthday and we had a wonderful time at the Ritz Carlton. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff are awesome. They take the time to make you feel special. This is my wifes favorite hotel to visit. The room was very clean and the bed was very soft. The location is great as there is a mall across the street and there are many resturants and stores within walking distance. We really like the decor of the rooms and hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Atlanta. I treated my wife to the spa and she loved the facial and massage she got. The Ritz staff provides 5 star service and should be commended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
E_Schinnerl, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel to celebrate the special occasion of your wife's birthday. My team and I are delighted to know that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay, our offerings and most importantly the services provided by our ladies and gentlemen. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead? Share your experiences!