“Amazing Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Iowa City, Iowa
“Amazing Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel during a girls' weekend. Love, love, love the employees. They were all so customer focused and friendly. The hotel itself was beautiful, the rooms were not as plush as I would have liked, but I enjoyed my stay. The hotel in Buckhead is not as nice cosmetically as the other Ritz hotels I have stayed, but there is a good possibility I would stay again.

Room Tip: Check in as soon as you can. Later check in limits your room options on a busy weekend.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ritz-Carlton has always represented itself as a top rated luxury brand. Their service motto is "We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen". I will say at the outset that the service staff truly lives up to that philosophy. Everyone in this hotel was over-the-top courteous, friendly, and attentive.

There were several issues I observed/encountered at this property. First, the room decor was outdated and "tired"; it needs renovation. The wooden tray that held the coffee maker was banged up and dusty. I had to crawl under the desk to plug in my chargers as there were no easily accessible outlets at desk or nightstand height. The lamps were old and did not have any outlets in their bases like just about every hotel has these days.

Second, housekeeping did not replenish toiletries each day as you would expect from a luxury brand. I used the same container of shampoo for three days. Even though additional shampoo was not needed, the expectation was not met.

Third, we were in need of a band aid for a new cut. I went down to the gift shop to purchase a small box and was told they didn't have any but would have security bring some up. When security never showed up I called the concierge who said she had some at the desk. I said that I would come down to pick them up and I did - it would have been in keeping with expectations if she had offered to send them up to the room.

Finally, I find it to be a nickel-and-dime practice for any hotel to charge for internet access. Not only does Ritz-Carlton charge for access, you are billed for each device. I feel that they are capitalizing on their high-end reputation. Valet Parking is $32.00 per day and that's excessive, in my opinion.

All-in-all we had a good stay but what was delivered was not that much better than what could have been delivered by a Hampton Inn or Marriott Courtyard for considerably less money.

Cohutta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed this past weekend at the Ritz Carlton Buckhead. Everything was fabulous from check in to check out. The hotel was very busy but I still got the same personalized service that I am accustomed to each time I visit. The hotel was full the night before so my room wasn't quite ready. The front desk staff allowed me to wait in the club lounge for the time being. It was a pleasure seeing Elaina in the club lounge. It had been a while since I visited but she still remembered me. I briefly visited the lobby lounge and the service there was great. When it came time to leave Sunday morning, the valet staff was very efficient. My compliments to Mr. Schinnerl for maintaining a top notch hotel with an impeccable staff and service. I can't wait for my next trip to Atlanta.

Room Tip: I cannot stress enough the service received when staying on club level. EXCELLENT!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed here on several trips in the past year. We are always extremely satisfied. The club level staff is fantastic! They are so pleasant, friendly and helpful. We love how they make such an effort to remember guests' names. The food presentations never disappoint. Stay here and you might even spot a celebrity. Seriously.
The rooms are very nice and clean. They are not the nicest Ritz rooms we've stayed in....but are very nice. The rooms have a typical business feel...but are clean and slightly more luxurious than your standard room.
The indoor pool is very nice and a big hit with kids in the middle of winter. Great proximity to 2 malls, Lego Land and many great restaurants nearby.
As I recall, you need a key to access all floors on the elevator to ensure only hotel guests have access to rooms. (I hope I'm not mistaken). We really like that feature. (The bar/restaurants seemed very busy with non-guests.)
As far as Buckhead luxury hotels go.....we have stayed at Ritz-Buckhead, Mandarin Oriental and St. Regis. Each of these hotels have their own set of pros and cons...but 8 out of 10 times we'd choose the Ritz-Buckhead b/c of the overall experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Many of you will recall the expression used by our parents and grandparents: "Puttin on the Ritz!" For those of you not familiar with the term it referred to putting on a Tuxedo, evening gown or formal attire and going out for an elegant evening on the town. And the most elegant place to go was the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. In North America there are few hotels finer than the Ritz-Carlton and their location in Buckhead (NW Atlanta) is a shining example of the tradition of luxury, style and elegance that is synonymous with this fine brand. From the moment we arrived and were escorted into the hotel to the moment we checked out we were met with impeccible service by highly trained staff who made it obvious our comfort and safety was their highest priority. My wife couldn't say enough about the fabulous indoor pool and the amenities offered on the second floor, and made a point of visiting it each of 3 days of our stay. As the foodie in the family, the hotel is only a short walk to several excellent restaurants in Buckhead (see my review of the amazing Bistro Nicko less than a 5 minute walk from the Ritz).

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for business trip (conference at the Westin). Rooms are comfortable size, well appointed as you would expect from Ritz Carlton. Directly across from Lenox Mall and near many restaurants and bars. The level of service impressed me as it always does with a Ritz property. Stayed in a Club room. Club food presentations were outstanding. Would definitely stay here if I return to Atlanta

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

While traveling for work i had the opportunity to stay at the Ritz in Buckhead last night. It has been a while since I have stayed at the hotel and I had forgotten how good the service is. From the doormen to the front desk who welcomed me with "good morning" when I arrived just after midnight to the laundress who quickly pressed my shirt in the morning and the servers at breakfast everyone was poised, pleasant and punctual. When I complained to the front desk that the hall was being vacuumed outside my room at 1:00AM they quickly sent someone to shut off the noise. Hotel is well located. Service is excellent. Rooms are nicely sized and the bathrooms are well appointed. I stayed on the 18th floor which benefits from a lounge area where continental breakfast and lunch are available to guests with rooms on the floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead? Share your experiences!