“Great location. Worked well for a 200 person event.” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Hotel Credit
Ranked #14 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location. Worked well for a 200 person event.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently returned from the Ritz Buckhead and I was pleased with the hotel in regards to using it for an event space. The rooms were a good size with beautiful bathrooms and amazing beds (as always). While the location of the property is great, there were still no views to be had which was dissapointing. The customer service at the Ritz always exceeds my expectations and this trip was no different. The banquet food was outstanding--I was happy with each meal. The food in the "bar/cafe" was good but certainly did not exceed my expectations. The turkey club and the hot wings were perfect additions to the bar menu, but overpriced. The only two tiny gripes I have with this property are: 1. The pool was inside and was lackluster 2. In order to access the event space on the 2nd floor you either had to use the elevator or take the stairs... In order to use eithe ryou have to walk out of the event space, through the lobby, and for the stairs through the bar. Not a huge deal, but a bit awkward for logistics when dealing with 200 people. Overall, great property that I look forward to returning to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

During our recent 3000+ mile road trip, one of our last stays was on The Club level of the Buckhead Ritz Carlton! They couldn't have been more gracious, taking wonderful care of two weary travelers! AND, taking perfect care of my 7 pound Poodle, Reagan! Such comfortable, friendly Southern Hospitality!

Room Tip: We had a wonderful and QUIET high floor! Highly recommend!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We arrived around 1:00 pm and there was a line to check-in. It seemed to move rather quickly and the front desk staff seemed efficient in moving people along. The room was ready even though it was before the designated check in time. We had a room on the club level, which is accessed by room key only. The room was average size but set up nicely, with a desk and chair. The bathroom is a little small. Most importantly, the room and bathroom were clean! We called for turn down service when we left for dinner, and our room had been done when we returned. As to the room, there were two negatives. First, tthe walls were thin. You could hear talking and walking in the halls and rooms. The room did have a very nice sleepmate machine, so they are obviously aware that this is a problem. Second, the a/c did not work very well. The room did not cool sufficiently during the night. The club lounge was a very nice area with plenty of tables and couch areas for seating. Their breakfast presentation was nice, with fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, etc. The lunch presentation was also nice with salad, soup, sandwiches, etc. The staff were always very pleasant, but way too loud. There are wood floors and sound carries in this room. The staff would speak to guests from across the room, rather than approaching the guests face to face, or would speak to each other as they cleared presentations, and enjoying a peaceful cup of coffee and the newspaper was difficult. I don't think they probably realized how loud they were, but it was a distraction. We are sure if we had mentioned it to them they would have refrained from being so loud. The fitness center was small, but very well maintained. The attendant continued to clean up the area while we were there, and never just sat around doing nothing. This property has a wonderful location near shopping and restaurants. Despite a few concerns, overall it iis very good and a beautiful property to visit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We travel to Atlanta frequently and the Ritz Carlton Buckhead is always our first choice. The service and the location of this hotel is outstanding! It is across the street from the two best malls in Atlanta and tons fabulous restaurants are all right in the Buckhead. The bar area is amazing and the service there is also so great. They remember us and what we like to drink everytime! One more tip: the sushi in the bar area from Thursday to through Saturday is so fresh and good. Might be the best sushi in Atlanta. Get the Ritz roll!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days recently while traveling for business. The hotel is very nice and in a good location if you need to be out in Buckhead (not if you need to be in downtown/midtown Atlanta), but I deducted a star because the on site restaurant and food options were not great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My two teenage daughters and I spent spring break in Atlanta at the Ritz in Buckhead. We were all very pleased with our experience.

Upon arrival, my 14 year old left her purse containing $60 cash and her debit card along with her Kindle Fire on a couch in the lobby. Security returned it to her with everything intact. Later on in the stay, if you can believe this, my 16 year old daughter left her wallet containing cash and her debit card in the room we had vacated. Housekeeping returned it to us intact.

I had reserved a standard (deluxe) room with two beds and asked for an upgrade to a suite at check-in. The desk associate told me that there were no suites available as the hotel was at capacity that night. However, the associate further explained that a suite was available (for a fee) after the first night and they would be happy to move me into it the next day. I was glad.

I found the deluxe room to be a standard hotel room, nothing special. I did appreciate the desk area where there was plenty of room to set up a computer. The beds were very comfortable and included luxurious linens. The bathroom had a tub/shower combination. I have stayed at the JW Marriott in Buckhead and found its rooms to be similar to the Ritz deluxe rooms except the JW provides upgraded marble bathrooms with large tubs and separate showers.

The next day, we moved into a suite and I am so glad we did. The suite offers the upgraded marble bath with large tub and separate shower. The toilet is also separate from the sink/bathtub area. Also, there is a half bath off the foyer. The bedroom had a king bed with those luxurious linens, a large flat screen TV with DVD player and an ipod doc/alarm clock on the night stand and an upholstered chair and ottoman. The living room had a queen sleeper sofa, a desk area and a small sitting area, another large flat screen TV and another DVD player. The sofa had seen better days. There was a foyer with bar area including complimentary water, coffee and coffee maker. The suite was perfect and so much better than the deluxe room.

We had Sunday brunch in the dining room and loved every bite. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Brunch however at $67 per person is a splurge I wouldn't normally indulge in and will most likely never do again. I'm just not used to spending that kind of money on a meal. It was really really great though.

We spent some time at the hotel spa. I was surprised to see how tiny the locker room was. There really was only room enough for the three of us in there. My daughters each had a 50 minute massage and I had a 50 minute pedicure for a total in excess of $300 and that was with a 10% discount. After my pedicure, I tipped the technician with cash. Then when I paid my bill, the cashier told me that 20% was added for gratuity. I just let it go but wish I had read the brochure which clearly stated that the 20% would be added.

What sets the Ritz Buckhead apart from its competitors is the service. There are so many people in that lobby who are genuinely eager to help you. We especially appreciated the evening turn down service where the housekeeping staff would tidy up the room, turn the bed down, make up the sofa bed, fill the ice bucket, leave chilled bottled water by the bed and of course leave a variety of milk and dark chocolates on the pillows.

I'm not the typical Ritz target customer. I'm not well off by any stretch of the imagination as you can tell by my references to cost. I am only able to stay at a Ritz when I can get a reasonable rate either through my job or using points. But if I can get a good rate, I will stay at a Ritz any time.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room then ask for an upgrade at check-in. It will probably cost a bit more but its de...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Locust Grove, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I love a Ritz! The service is always excellent! Four of us are here for a girls weekend. We used the spa all day yesterday. It was small. They said they are continually expanding though. They took good care of us! The room is nice and comfy. Had an issue with an old shower drain. They came quickly and fixed it!

We are here during the Masters, so prices are higher than usual. Overall a great stay though!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead? Share your experiences!