“Noisey room” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
TN
“Noisey room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I went to the Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead on the weekend prior to New Year's Eve . We stayed on the club level. Our first night was extremely noisy-all night-- with rolling carts coming and going, loud voices from the club room, and the constant noice of people coming and going. The situation was made worse by the fact that the floors were tile so all sounds were magnified. The hotel staff seemed very aware of our concerns.Not a new problem.
We requested a new room--further down the hall on the carpeted area- for the remainder of our stay. The rest of our visit was very enjoyable with wonderful and gracious service, pretty surroundings, and tasty food and drink in the club room.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the club room or on any part of a hallway with tile. Too noisy at all hours.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

673 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a wonderful and perfect stay in Buckhead. The hotel is elegant and the staff is so friendly and helpful from the time you arrive until you bid farewell. It is nice to feel appreciated and thanked for choosing their hotel above all others in the same city. Even through the Ritz in Buckhead is a distance from downtown Atlanta, the Marta is so easy to get to with a quick walk to and from the hotel. There are great restaurants also near by if you do not want to eat at the hotel. I was in a corner room (the only way to go) with great views of the city. The room was large, comfy and very clean. The only negative of the hotel is that I left by mistake two pairs of gloves in the closet and didn't realize until I unpack, good gloves from NorthFace, but the lost and found could not find! That is disappointing.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms! Large and lots of windows with view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

As you walk in they make you feel welcome.
What ever you need they will do their best to accomplish it. Their afternoon tea is very good, the variety of teas they offer makes it difficult to pick one. My daughter and I enjoyed it very much. In their buffet breakfast they have southern grits with cheese , muesli and blintzes! The room was fresh and very clean. Their location is perfect for us, shopping and plenty of restaurants to choose from
We are looking forward to our next stay at this hotel!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at a number of Ritz-Carlton hotels and the one in Buckhead, ATL does not disappoint. Elegant, clean, and very well run, you know what you are getting. The staff is particularly good at this one. As a test I stood in the lobby for a few minutes, and no less than 6 random staff asked if I needed anything. Everyone is on the ball. It is located between the two big malls in Buckhead so perfect for a shopping trip. The reason I wrote this review is the club level, which is extremely worth it here. I love dining, but honestly I ate at the club level 3 times a day (went out for dinner because ATL has great restaurants). I asked a bellman about it, and he told me they are rated always 1 or 2 internationally for their club level.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice hotel in Atlanta, I would definitely suggest the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead. This hotel features a beautiful lobby, fine rooms with hardwood entrances (yet another example of Ritz attention to detail), and, above all, Ritz-Carlton service.

When you first arrive at the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, they open your door, and you walk in to the lobby, which features marble floors and walls paneled in exquisitely carved wood. It all comes together in a fine country club atmosphere. You don't feel like you have to wear a suit, but you know that you could. This makes this hotel perfect for either business or leisure.

This feel continues in the very spacious rooms. When you first walk in on the hardwood floor in the entrance, the first two things you will notice are the stunning views and the large amount of space. These room are very large and there is a plentiful amount of storage. These rooms feature bay windows, which offer beautiful views. The rooms definitely continue the fine country club atmosphere.

Even with stunning views, fine attention to detail, and a country club atmosphere, the service (as usual at a Ritz) trumps all. They will do anything to meet your wishes. For example, we were eating in the cafe' (which, by the way has amazing breads) and we decided we wanted to eat our dessert in another room with football on the tvs. They happily moved us, our drinks, and even offered to let us keep our waiter and put it on the smae bill. This is what separates Ritz-Carlton from its competitors.

I would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Atlanta. The service is out of this world, and the attention to detail isn't shabby either.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

After paying a luxury price, I found this not to be luxury by my standards. The Ritz is clean and has a beautiful lobby, but I'll try one of the other high end hotels on my next trip to Atlanta. The bathroom did not have a separate tub and shower so one had to struggle with a plastic shower curtain over a high step-in tub. Room was in need of an updating. I was not given necessary information about amenities provided with my AMEX card causing unnecessary aggravation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for a convention.. I made reservations for tea while my husband was in his meetings. The tea staff was very helpful and always willing to help during the 2:30 seating. I had the most wonderful egg salad that I have ever put in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The room was clean but dated. The maid for the turn down service was always friendly and ready to assist with ice or anything else that we asked for during our stay.

I strongly recommend that guests meet Gary the chauffer. He is WONDERFUL. He knows the area and he's not bad looking either!

Overall, this hotel is a very nice property to get away from everything and decompress. If you want to spend money you can walk to phipps or to Lenox.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead? Share your experiences!