I am just leaving the Ritz Carlton Buckhead after 5 nights at a convention. When I booked it through the convention rooming service, rates were pretty competitive with the usual Westin, Marriott, Hyatt crew, so it was an easy choice.
The hotel is located in Buckhead right between two shopping malls, the pretty ritzy Lenox Square and the super ritzy Phipps Plaza, and there are a number of other stores nearby including Target and Publix. There are restaurants in both malls, and a number of others just down the street a short walk. Lenox Square has an Apple Store (and a Microsoft one, if you really must), Hollister, Abercrombie, Macy's, Bloomingdales and many others. Phipps is very upmarket with Belk and Nordstrom its most downmarket stores!
The hotel itself has a phalanx of staff waiting to assist people arriving by car or on foot, and the service is uniformly friendly and courteous. The lobby area is not huge but has some seating and a machine to print boarding passes. There is a gift shop in the lobby area, but it mostly sells clothing and even some bedding.
I was staying in a King room on the 21st floor facing Phipps Plaza. The room was very clean and all items in excellent condition. The bathroom has a large walk in marble shower, which has a rain style head unit and a hand unit. Good quality bathroom products were provided. The room itself was not huge, but was comfortable and perfectly good for a business stay, with a good size comfortable bed, an armchair and foot rest, a HD TV with a good range of channels and a desk with wired internet. Most of the TV channels (both HD and SD) were very clear, but a few, e.g Golf Channel were poor quality and hard to watch. The internet was chargeable at $12.95 a day or $44.95 for a week. There was also Wifi although the connection was not as good. On a good note, once you bought internet access you could also use other devices on the same bill.
I only had breakfast once. There is an a la carte and buffet, and I chose the buffet. It was quite expensive at about $32 plus gratuity, and had a decent range of hot and cold food. I didn't use room service at all.
There is a good fitness centre at the hotel, with pool, hot tub, free weights and cardio and resistance machines. There is also a good supply of towels, drinks and newspapers available.
Overall, this was a good experience and I would happily go back again.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Buckhead
- Ritz Carlton Atlanta
- Ritz Atlanta
- Ritz-Carlton Atlanta
- Atlanta Ritz
- Atlanta Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with an irresistible combination of Southern hospitality and relevant sophistication at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, GA, hotel. Ideally situated in the heart of Atlanta’s most celebrated neighborhood, The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead offers guests effortless access to the city’s finest shopping, dining and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.