“Taking care of the wife and daughter” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Taking care of the wife and daughter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

In preparation for my daughter going off to college, my wife needed to do some shopping in ATL. She informed me of this Friday afternoon. I frequently travel to Atlanta on business and have stayed at most of the top end hotels in Buckhead and downtown. Ultimately, I return back to the Ritz in Buckhead. Although their standard rooms are on par for an upscale property, I trust their level of service. In addition, I find their concierge lounge to be impeccable. So sending my wife and daughter to the Buckhead area, I could think of no other - the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead.

Thank you to the staff for taking care of my most precious gifts.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Value, surprisingly yes! A short notice weekend for Jimmy Buffet suggested we join our party at a landmark we frequented regularly 20 years ago. Candidly, my expectations were low but I was most pleasantly surprised. We reserved the least expensive room on-line with AAA member rates. Our driver was waiting for us at the airport which made life much easier, hotel check-in was prompt and we were offered a 7th floor hall room then changed to a corner room which was much more comfortable encased in two walls of windows. I set the a/c at 65 and although it never got there, at least the system was quiet and the room had no hint of being dated. My only gripe was they wanted $10 bucks for internet access. As a Ritz Carlton rewards member, I would have thought internet was free and ice would have been delivered to our room after check-in but it appears that everyone receives the same service standard regardless of the "VIP" cards in your wallet. Perhaps that's what makes Ritz a true service standard everyone compares to. Will continue to stay at Ritz-Carlton when we can, albeit I would spring for the club level next time!

Room Tip: Club level is worth the money!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. It is an excellent physical facility with a prime location, wedged into a prime space directly between the Phipps and Lenox malls. What really sets this place apart is the consistency of the little things that make the ordinary seem special. For example, the valet would get my car quickly, but also leave the windows cracked slightly to cool in the Georgia heat, and park it at an angle for quick exit. The housekeeper whom I simply asked for directions to the ice machine dropped what she was doing to happily go get me ice from the machine down the hall and bring it back to my room immediately. Any and every staff member standing near the front doors would race to open the door any time I walked through. The service and the staff were outstanding every day, in every corner of the hotel. Breakfast in the cafe was very good, the lobby lounge is quite nice and relaxing, the rooms are well-appointed, and the facility is impeccably clean and well-maintained. The bed was fairly comfortable. The hallways are quiet, even when the hotel was fairly busy. I'm picky about hotels, and I honestly couldn't find a thing wrong with this place if I tried. Would highly recommend this hotel to a business traveler, though it is family friendly as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Phipps Plaza have a nice view of the greenery and an old church behind some of the high...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Not much to say here except that there is just no match to the quality of the service received from the staff at the Ritz. By far one of the best locations to stay in Buckhead. All of our requests were met with a service that exceeded expectations. Room was excellent and the quality of food in the club lounge was very good, although there was not much room in the lounge during the busy 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This Ritz Carlton property is at its finest and the customer service is more than WOW. Every employee embodies the Ritz Carlton Creed and goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable.

Room Tip: Undergoing construction, ask for quiet room until construction is completed
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
outside Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We chose the Ritz again for a weekend getaway without the kids. It's a very very nice hotel. The location is primo -right across from Lenox and Phipps, good eating options nearby and in the heart of Buckhead. And I'm not disappointed in my stay at all, the Ritz was just a little average for me this time.

Service and checkin was fine. We stayed on an Amex package and although they forgot the champagne, when alerted the next day they promptly took care of it. And that's really no big deal either. The lemonade and the treats in the lobby are a lovely touch, especially on a hot day.

The room is nice, the bed is comfy, and the bathroom/shower is really pretty. I love the showerhead and the travertine is beautiful.

In writing this reveiw, I think I'm trying to put my finger on what about this stay was a little off. Maybe it was the chipping paint and the paint bubbles on the bathroom door of the bathroom that was right in front of the toilet; maybe it was the makeup mirror that is years old that was broken. Maybe it was the fact that this room was $330 and was smaller than most other rooms for a lower price point with similar ammenities. The Ritz Buckhead is a very nice hotel but it's not really amazing or over the top; I think the number of times I've used "nice" in this review may just mean it's become a little boring.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Was here back in 1997 and had a good time. Saw a couple of celebs while I was there. The rooms were good and not great and I was surprised about this because this is the Ritz Carlton. However, the location and atmosphere is second to none. And what's there NOT to like about the Buckhead section of Atlanta? This is like the Beverly Hills of Georgia. Plenty to do and eat. Service of course is top notch!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead? Share your experiences!