“Avoid at all costs ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   585 Parkway Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Formerly Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown)   |
Ranked #169 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Avoid at all costs ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If I could give zero stars I would. Along with the hotel being in a sketchy area, Our awful experience started when we walked into the room, which was supposed to be a queen and was a full. After deciding to check out (within about 15 minutes) we walk down the stairs to be overwhelmed by the smell of pot. The manager at the front desk said that I could not get my money back because "the rooms were used" which was a load of crap. He also was very rude to me after I told the couple behind me that this was the worst hotel I've ever been to. There was jewelry stolen from a woman right down the hall from us as well. I will be contacting as many red roof corporate offices as I can to let them know THIS PLACE SUCKS!!! Please take my advice and DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

You cannot beat the price for this hotel. There is adequate parking out front with a guard. The hotel is very close to the highway and blocks from Piedmont Park and the main roads to downtown. I saw that some people wrote a questionable neighborhood, which I completely disagree with. Anything around Piedmont Park is nice, including the area around this hotel.
The positives are the price, the staff at reception and the bed (very comfortable). The cleaning staff, however, need to improve. I found the same lint on the floor throughout my stay (almost a week), and the parking lot was trashed, which gave it a bad image. The rooms are not sound proofed so noise can be a problem. The toilet/shower area is very tiny, and in front of the sink, they put a metal guard with screws that come loose - I stubbed my toes more than once. They need just a little more upkeep and better cleaning, and this hotel would gain a lot in my perspective.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked the room for the weekend because it was close to where we needed to be. Left early in the morning and came back in the afternoon to find our jewelry was stolen. The GM of this facility was rude and didn't even offer up an apology. They never even called the girl who cleaned our room! Head of house keeping called her and asked her. The girl said she didn't take it and they left it at that. We called the police to try and resolve this issue. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a totally standard motel on need of refurbishment. The beds were comfortable, tv and air con worked and shower was ok. The room and bathroom need updating though and the ceiling above the shower was damaged from water.
This wasn't cheap either but for a last minute booking we were happy enough. We had a late check on and the receptionist was nice and friendly. A few odd people lurking around outside the motel made us a little wary though. But this os perfectly ok for a one night stop.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

I don't know where to start. The hotel is located in a sketchy area--let's just say that red light districts would not be possible were it not for hotels like this. There were many men walking in and out of the hotel all night. We heard what appeared to be a stampede at 2 am in the room above ours. SO LOUD. There was a security guard wearing a visible bullet proof vest at the entrance. The room itself looked gross--I almost felt the bed bugs crawling on me! We had to leave the hotel at 5 am to head to the airport and as we walked out there were a couple of cops handcuffing a guy in the parking lot. AND I saw in the news that a lady was shot in front of the hotel the day before. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
RonaldCCurtis, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Ely, First I'd like to thank you for your visit to our location and also for taking the time to write a review. As of March 1, 2015 this location has been under new management and undergoing a top down review of operations. We have taken every precaution to increase safety and security at our Midtown location and are continuing to improve the overall experience here at our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the complications that you endured during your stay. I do hope that on your next trip to the Midtown Atlanta area you give us the opportunity to earn your confidence and your business again.
Meridian, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Granted, I know what you pay for, is what you get- which I’m fine with because I picked the cheapest hotel I could find. However…

During my entire stay, there was continuous yelling outside and/or in the rooms next to me and above me. I can deal with cheap hotels but this was the worst experience I have ever had while traveling.
At midnight on Monday, March 23rd, I heard extremely loud music outside in the hallways. I went out and asked the girl (who was about the same age I was- 20) to turn it down. Not only did she have a bad attitude, but the hotel staff did not do anything to fix the situations when it was obviously heard by the hotel staff. There was screaming, slamming doors, hallways that smelt of marijuana, and loud laughing all throughout the nights I was there.

After that incident , at 3:45 AM I woke up to hear a key being slid into my door and my door being opened by a man i did not know; good thing the top lock was locked. I screamed when the door opened and he quickly shut it. I ran to the door and was looking at the peep hole to see if the intruder would come back. 3 minutes later, the "security officer" came back around and apologized. A) The "security officer" did not knock on my door before trying to enter, B) I did not call him/ front desk for any one to check on me (I was sleeping!!!), C) the "security officer" should have known the correct room he was trying to enter, and D) He had absolutely no reason to be trying to come into my room at 3:45 AM while I was ASLEEP!!!!! Who even knew if this guy WAS the security guard for the hotel- I didn't see him at all while I was there (3 days, 2 nights).

This service from staff is completely unacceptable. Never have I felt more unsafe in a hotel... Even if it was in a dangerous part of town... I should not have to feel in danger in a hotel with "security" on the premises.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

We were three girls and we have booked a room for a night. When we reached the place and got in our room, which was on the ground floor we soon realized that the door locker was BROKEN and the windows could not be locked as well! As you may imagine, safety should be a priority for a hotel. Especially when that hotel is located in a quite unsafe area as the front desk sir made sure we understand (he said we should not walk outside and that we should rather take our car!). So we asked for a different room that could accommodate all three of us. They provided a different room at the third floor by saying it was one of the "suites" and that we should be very satisfied for this alternative. When we got into the second room, we realized that the room was in worst condition than the first one, it had broken air conditions and it was completely filthy. It was completely disgusting!!!! What is more, it had only ONE bed and a couch. At this time we were very tired and disappointed. We asked the front desk to provide us blankets and pillows for the couch and the front desk manager very rudely asked me to come and get them 10 minutes later from the front desk!! At this moment we realized that in the corridor outside our room there were men who looked unhealthy and dangerous and were looking at us. This is when we decided that we should leave the place immediately. When we went downstairs to explain the situation and to ask for a refund since we were not going to stay at the hotel, the front desk guy said that he cannot give us a refund since we have spent so much time in the hotel already.Bare in mind that we were wandering around different rooms all this time so it wasn't much of a "stay".
This hotel should definitely be shut down!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Myrna, Thank your for taking time to review our property here in Midtown Atlanta. As of March 1 2015 this property has been under new management. We are currently renovating all of our rooms and reviews like yours offer us a more complete idea of the areas where we can and will do better. I do offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you had at our location. I hope that on your next trip to Atlanta you give us the opportunity to earn your business again.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown? Share your experiences!