“Fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   585 Parkway Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Formerly Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown)   |
Ranked #170 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
london
“Fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This is a totally standard motel on need of refurbishment. The beds were comfortable, tv and air con worked and shower was ok. The room and bathroom need updating though and the ceiling above the shower was damaged from water.
This wasn't cheap either but for a last minute booking we were happy enough. We had a late check on and the receptionist was nice and friendly. A few odd people lurking around outside the motel made us a little wary though. But this os perfectly ok for a one night stop.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't know where to start. The hotel is located in a sketchy area--let's just say that red light districts would not be possible were it not for hotels like this. There were many men walking in and out of the hotel all night. We heard what appeared to be a stampede at 2 am in the room above ours. SO LOUD. There was a security guard wearing a visible bullet proof vest at the entrance. The room itself looked gross--I almost felt the bed bugs crawling on me! We had to leave the hotel at 5 am to head to the airport and as we walked out there were a couple of cops handcuffing a guy in the parking lot. AND I saw in the news that a lady was shot in front of the hotel the day before. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
RonaldCCurtis, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Ely, First I'd like to thank you for your visit to our location and also for taking the time to write a review. As of March 1, 2015 this location has been under new management and undergoing a top down review of operations. We have taken every precaution to increase safety and security at our Midtown location and are continuing to improve the overall experience here at our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the complications that you endured during your stay. I do hope that on your next trip to the Midtown Atlanta area you give us the opportunity to earn your confidence and your business again.
Meridian, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Granted, I know what you pay for, is what you get- which I’m fine with because I picked the cheapest hotel I could find. However…

During my entire stay, there was continuous yelling outside and/or in the rooms next to me and above me. I can deal with cheap hotels but this was the worst experience I have ever had while traveling.
At midnight on Monday, March 23rd, I heard extremely loud music outside in the hallways. I went out and asked the girl (who was about the same age I was- 20) to turn it down. Not only did she have a bad attitude, but the hotel staff did not do anything to fix the situations when it was obviously heard by the hotel staff. There was screaming, slamming doors, hallways that smelt of marijuana, and loud laughing all throughout the nights I was there.

After that incident , at 3:45 AM I woke up to hear a key being slid into my door and my door being opened by a man i did not know; good thing the top lock was locked. I screamed when the door opened and he quickly shut it. I ran to the door and was looking at the peep hole to see if the intruder would come back. 3 minutes later, the "security officer" came back around and apologized. A) The "security officer" did not knock on my door before trying to enter, B) I did not call him/ front desk for any one to check on me (I was sleeping!!!), C) the "security officer" should have known the correct room he was trying to enter, and D) He had absolutely no reason to be trying to come into my room at 3:45 AM while I was ASLEEP!!!!! Who even knew if this guy WAS the security guard for the hotel- I didn't see him at all while I was there (3 days, 2 nights).

This service from staff is completely unacceptable. Never have I felt more unsafe in a hotel... Even if it was in a dangerous part of town... I should not have to feel in danger in a hotel with "security" on the premises.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were three girls and we have booked a room for a night. When we reached the place and got in our room, which was on the ground floor we soon realized that the door locker was BROKEN and the windows could not be locked as well! As you may imagine, safety should be a priority for a hotel. Especially when that hotel is located in a quite unsafe area as the front desk sir made sure we understand (he said we should not walk outside and that we should rather take our car!). So we asked for a different room that could accommodate all three of us. They provided a different room at the third floor by saying it was one of the "suites" and that we should be very satisfied for this alternative. When we got into the second room, we realized that the room was in worst condition than the first one, it had broken air conditions and it was completely filthy. It was completely disgusting!!!! What is more, it had only ONE bed and a couch. At this time we were very tired and disappointed. We asked the front desk to provide us blankets and pillows for the couch and the front desk manager very rudely asked me to come and get them 10 minutes later from the front desk!! At this moment we realized that in the corridor outside our room there were men who looked unhealthy and dangerous and were looking at us. This is when we decided that we should leave the place immediately. When we went downstairs to explain the situation and to ask for a refund since we were not going to stay at the hotel, the front desk guy said that he cannot give us a refund since we have spent so much time in the hotel already.Bare in mind that we were wandering around different rooms all this time so it wasn't much of a "stay".
This hotel should definitely be shut down!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Myrna, Thank your for taking time to review our property here in Midtown Atlanta. As of March 1 2015 this property has been under new management. We are currently renovating all of our rooms and reviews like yours offer us a more complete idea of the areas where we can and will do better. I do offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you had at our location. I hope that on your next trip to Atlanta you give us the opportunity to earn your business again.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I stayed there for two nights while visiting Atlanta. The customer service was great as all questions were answered and excellent directions given. Never did we feel unsafe or see anything out of the usual going on. For $55 per night one cannot expect a Westin experience as we didn't but would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Travelingrid, Thank you for your recent visit to our location and also for taking the time to write a review. I am happy we were able to meet and even exceed your expectations. Safety is our number one priority, so knowing that you felt safe and comfortable helps us to know our team is offering the type of service we hope for. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Midtown Atlanta
Oglethorpe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was not clean. Bathroom ceiling above the shower was falling in as well as water stains.
My friends and I didnt feel safe at all. In fact, I checked in and out the same day. I would not reserve a room in the near future nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact, I would discourage anyone from inquiring or considering making a reservation.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Oglethorpe71, thank you for taking the time to review our property here in Midtown Atlanta. As of March 1, 2015 this location has been under new management. We have been working tirelessly to renovate and upgrade our rooms to offer a comfortable guest experience. I offer my sincerest apologies that we were unable to accommodate you, and that we did not meet your expectations. I do hope that in the future you offer us the opportunity to earn your business again.
Eufaula, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

First off I want to start by saying, I don't even get how these people can have their expectations at a 5 star level, when you're paying 60 a night for a room. I got a room for my dad and myself to crash in after a night at the Masquerade, first great thing I noticed, was how close it was. It was maybe a 3 block walk (five minutes or so) to get to the show, so if you're planning on getting a room after a concert, this is the place. The room was totally everything you need for a place to crash. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was fine (who care how small the bathroom is, seriously?), employees were all kind and friendly, and we had an awesome view of the Atlanta skyline from our room. I literally can't find a single reason to complain about this place, especially considering it was only 60 for a night. I'm hoping this review will help out some travellers and steer them away from all the complaining and moaning over absolutely nothing. All I can say is, the only people who write reviews, are the ones who have something to complain about. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, give this place a shot if you're in midtown. There's a chinese place open right next door til 3 am for christ's sake. What more could a drunk person stumbling from a great night at the masquerade want?

Room Tip: If you get on the 4th floor, you're set for some great views of Atlanta from right there in your...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
James1971army, thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. As of March 1, 2015 this location has been under new management. An amazing customer experience is our primary focus and reviews like yours definitely help us to see where we need to improve to offer that experience. I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you endured during your stay. I hope that in the future you offer us the opportunity to show you all of our improvements and the chance to earn your business again.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown? Share your experiences!