“Horrible experience!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   585 Parkway Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Formerly Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown)   |
Ranked #174 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Picayune, Mississippi, United States
“Horrible experience!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the most disgusting hotel I think I have ever been in. The floors sagged like you could fall through to the floor below. The furniture was so cheap and run down. It looked like a halfway house. We had to literally shove the door open with your shoulder to open it . None of the doors opened or closed properly. From the lobby to the elevator and then the deplorable room, it was gross. We checked out after reviewing the room and other people there that had checked in also about the time we did was all leaving. The room picture of this hotel is nothing like the actual room. I will never book with Red Roof Inns again if the is the quality rooms they have.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am normally a "glass half full" type of guy, and generally let little things slide, but I felt it was necessary to write an honest review about this location. I had to take a very last-minute trip to Atlanta, and booked this hotel while I was on my way. I chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the event I was attending, and because I’ve always had a great experience with Red Roof Inn.

First I would like to say that the gentleman who made my reservation (I believe his name was Eric) was very professional and displayed excellent customer service skills. Upon my arrival, the front desk agents were polite & made for a smooth check-in process. However, as soon as I entered the hallway to the elevator things began to tumble down-hill.

The hallways are dark and narrow, and the elevator feels as if it is going to lock up at any minute. It was not the typical Red Roof Inn experience that I am accustomed to. The room I booked was extremely outdated & in need of maintenance. The piping under the sink leaked if I ran the water too long, and it looked like the linoleum was beginning to separate from the floor in certain areas causing the floor to squeak very loudly. The couch looked like it was older than I was, and the power outlets beside the bed were so worn & loose that anything plugged in would fall out seconds later.

The one nice thing about the room was the king bed…it was very comfortable, and clean.

Overall, I was very disappointed with this hotel, and if it weren't for the great customer service that was given to me when booking & checking-in I would have given this place a lower rating. I do not recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

I was in Atlanta on a business trip. and i forgot to book a hotel before hand. I booked on the spot for a week, and got nice weekly deal. In the middle of the week i realized I needed to extend for 4 more days and they did not even raise the rate, they just extended it for the same discounted rate. The room was clean. the wifi had good download speed, close to downtown.

The font desk girl Tanishia and the Manager Kevin are such a nice person and so friendly. I booked a single room and it didn't have a refrigerator( only suites come with one). i ask them if i can have one. Kevin was happy to hook me up without any extra charge. Since it was after hours and no room service person was there, he, himself came with it and hook it up.

If I ever go to Atlanta again I'll definitely staying here. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to elevator.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014 via mobile

This has got to be the worst red roof in I have ever stayed at.. I ninbtown on business and wanted to be close to the location I sm going too. I normally read reviews but I'm thinking ' it's red roof inn" shouldn't be that bad! It's terrible looks like it was built in the 40s.. Small rooms ( shoebox size)! Not to mention upon arrival I had to wait 15 minutes for the clerk to come out the office. I finally called the front deal while standing there and she came out.. Security is on staff! Police were outside parked.. Worse experience at a RR INN. This has got to be the worse 'scum tel' ever. Motel 6 is a lot better... Bottom line run quickly!!!!

• Stayed October 2014
Seymour, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

I cannot believe Red Roof Inn has their name on this hotel. There was no remote for the TV, the bathroom door had a stain. The bathroom itself consisted of a shower and a tub literally 6 inches from each other, with no tub. The furniture was in disrepair all over the hotel. While being checked in, the hotel staff bad mouthed and made fun of other guests, actually calling one "stupid". We were there for a concert, and the security guard herself told my wife and I "Don't the leave the grounds, you're not safe in this neighborhood". We ended up taking a taxi to the show vs driving for that reason. Of course that was after dropping about a dozen F bombs while talking to us. Did I mention this hotel is situated 2 blocks from Section 8 housing on 2 sides so walking to one of the nearby restaurants was out of the questions. We ate at the concert and left first thing the next morning. Please spend the extra money and do not stay here. This is a true case of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

I showed and they had overbooked hotel. Sat in the lobby for an hour then the room magically appeared but they would only hold the reservation if I payed double the price that I was promised on booking.com... This was the grossest and ruddiest hotel I have ever stayed in.. Serious black mold problems.. Sheets were very dirty and room was not cleaned during stay.. I can't believe DHEC lets them stay open......DONT STAY HERE if you care about your health....

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE>>>>>>>>>DHEC should shut the place down...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

The hotel staff were so nice and helpful, clean rooms with no weird smells. There wasnt people running around being loud, couldnt hear your neighbors. Despite the chaos going on with so many people checking in at once, all the staff was friendly and on top of things and not just that, fast! They had someone to make sure you could try to find parking. I had ready iffy reviews about this place but I did not understand any of those complaints once I had stayed there, this place was honestly a steal for the price and I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta - Midtown? Share your experiences!