“This place sucks” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“This place sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is such a trash hole, the rooms are filthy and roaches all over. Sleeping in a dumpster would be healthier than this place. I don't know why they would try and re-open this place. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I reserved a king room directly with this hotel a month in advance of my arrival. Upon arrival I was informed that they didn't have a room for me because reserving a room does not guarantee they will have a room for me. Keep in mind, when I reserved the room the desk clerk had to have my credit card information to reserve the room. They offered to put me in a room with a queen bed at a reduced rate, but when we went to view the room, it looked like a standard size bed that they were passing as a queen. So, keep in mind the beds are very small. After two hours we ended up in a double bed room. It was nothing fancy, but since we had already wasted so much time we decided to make the best of it. Big mistake!!! We didn't bring our luggage in until later because we were running late for a engagement. After we returned to the hotel, we brought our luggage to the room. After being in the room for less than 20 minutes, we saw roaches crawling up the wall, on the desk and nightstand. My sister-in-law and he husband were in the room across from us and the roaches were even worse in their room. The was only one person on duty at night and he was so stressed with all the complaints coming in. He did try to help everyone but there is only so much one person can do. He gave us some bug spray and between the two rooms we went through two cans. By this time my nerves were so bad there was no way I was going to sleep. I stayed up of bug patrol. We couldn't even leave our luggage in the room for fear of roaches getting in our things. I sat up watching tv and looking out for roaches only to find one had crawled up the bed and was on my leg. The clerk couldn't do anything more for us so we waited until morning to speak with the manager because this was totally unacceptable. He didn't even want to come out of the office to speak with me and my sister-in-law until he heard me calling my bank to reverse the charges and letting them know what I had been through. You need to be aware that this hotel is downtown and close to a lot of places, but it really is in the hood. It looks like the projects are right around the corner. You've been warned to stay at your own risk.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown

Address: 585 Parkway Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #179 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown 1.5*
The Parkway Inn and Suites Midtown offers you so much convenience for it guest. Fox theater, Highlands, Piedmont parkand so many rrestaurants. Minutes away from it all. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Stratford Hotel Atlanta
Stratford Hotel Atlanta
Stratford Inn Atlanta

If you own or manage Parkway Inn & Suites Midtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.